I'm looking for a way to make it so that multiple iPhones (with different apple IDs) can trigger the "lights on after sunset" event. Works fine with my iphone, but the "automation" icon does not appear on my wife's homekit app. I've read that this is one of the actions that family sharing doesn't accommodate, but am hoping someone has found a workaround. Thanks.
    01-10-2017 08:52 PM
    I'm looking for a way to make it so that multiple iPhones (with different apple IDs) can trigger the "lights on after sunset" event. Works fine with my iphone, but the "automation" icon does not appear on my wife's homekit app. I've read that this is one of the actions that family sharing doesn't accommodate, but am hoping someone has found a workaround. Thanks.
    You have a few options.
    1) Setup the sunset=lights on trigger inside of IFTTT instead of Apple HomeKit. Then it doesn't matter if anyone is home or not, and this solution doesn't require additional hardware.
    2) Have an iPad at your house and make sure your same Apple ID that's on your phone is signed in on the iPad. iPads can act as a HomeKit hub (some older iPads cannot do this*)
    3) Have an Apple TV at your house and make sure your same Apple ID that's on your phone is signed in on the Apple TV. Apple TVs can act as a HomeKit hub (some older Apple TVs cannot do this*).

Link on how to setup an iPad or Apple TV as a HomeKit hub:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207057
    01-11-2017 11:42 AM