Who's buying a Pebble after today's event?

Richard Devine

iMore staff
Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I know I am, just ordered an orange one. Free 5-7 day global shipping helped sweeten it that little more!

I held off until now, because I just couldn't see how it was going to be a great experience with an iPhone. Now, that *should* all change. We'll soon see!

What did you get?

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I was going to buy one a couple weeks ago, but decided to hold off and see what Apple's October event turned out to be like. I'm about 90% on board with buying one now! I just don't want to buy something that's over half a year old.

macgeek4life

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I may get one.

I had purchased one a few months ago but returned it because I had too many issues with it. The big one was that the sound quality of my car's built-in bluetooth was horrible when the watch was on me. Almost like the bluetooth from the watch interfered with it.

Additionally, the watch would show a call was connected when I received a call and then would not show disconnected once a hung up. I would then have to "hang up" the call from the watch to get the watch screen back which isn't a major issue in and of itself, but I would also stop receiving notifications after that unless I turned the bluetooth off and back on.

Maybe I just had a defective unit.

Hopefully with the software update these issues aren't present. If not, I'll definitely give it another try.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Although I love tech gadgets, I'll pass on the pebble. After the initial "new toy" phase wears off, I doubt I'd be using it much, if at all.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Although I love tech gadgets, I'll pass on the pebble. After the initial "new toy" phase wears off, I doubt I'd be using it much, if at all.

I thought that also... I LOVE my pebble now. I broke my original one last week and had to go get it replaced the same day.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Gonna get one for my girlfriend for x-mass

Questions I need to look up is what are the available colors and I'm assuming its compatible with the i4 running 7.0.3

Sent from my iPhone 5

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

Questions I need to look up is what are the available colors and I'm assuming its compatible with the i4 running 7.0.3

Same here, thinking of picking one up for a gift.
Sent from my iPhone 5

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Got one a while ago and love it. Does everything it's supposed to and also alerts me for BBM. No complaints here.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I already own a black one. It's all scratched up. Be careful with it. They say scratch resistant, but reality is our hands tear up watches.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Colors are black, orange, red, white and gray. Should work with iPhone 4, as it requires Bluetooth 2.1 which the 4 has. However, to get 4.0 LE, you'll need a 4S or newer.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I picked one up a couple of months ago and use it daily. I enjoy receiving my texts on the watch, don't care too much about email however now having the ability to see all alerts I am very excited, hurry up Apple approve the App!!!!!