Pebble Watch Updated!

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded it and it works as advertised. Nothing new just yet. But all the notifications come through as promised and they are now more reliable

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
My name is Alison. User name misleading lol. I don't know what the finger dance is. Only have it since Saturday

My apologies my dear 😜 I've had my pebble for about 4 months. The finger dance was the workaround we had to use to get our notifications to work right. It was janky and stupid, but it worked.

Congrats on your new pebble. You're gonna love it!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My apologies my dear 😜 I've had my pebble for about 4 months. The finger dance was the workaround we had to use to get our notifications to work right. It was janky and stupid, but it worked.

Congrats on your new pebble. You're gonna love it!

It's all good. Thanks. Looks like I got it at the right time

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
It's been working very good so far, my BBM notifications come in along with calendar and email, just what I need.

squeff

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I've never had luck with notifications, even when they had e-mail setup within the app. Finger dance was irregular.

So far, however, the new notifications are working, with one exception. Ironically, the one e-mail I got from Pebble today (newsletter for Kickstarters) didn't come up.

Caller ID also now works.

I'll give it a few days to see if things keep up.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The one drawback is my work email only comes through on my iPhone when I open the mail app on the phone. So this i won't get in notifications for this one.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The one drawback is my work email only comes through on my iPhone when I open the mail app on the phone. So this i won't get in notifications for this one.

Can you change it from fetch to push ? Or maybe fetch every so often then the notifications should work but it will effect battery checking every so often

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I read somewhere that they only push Gmail notifications every 15 minutes? Can anyone confirm this? If true this is a deal breaker.

Just curious what's the deal breaker for. The watch works with the phone, Not the email.

But I think it is every 15 mins.

squeff

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere that they only push Gmail notifications every 15 minutes? Can anyone confirm this? If true this is a deal breaker.

Unless you are using Google's own app, they don't do true push e-mail any more. They don't even support IMAP push. This is a Google thing, so the deal breaker is on using Gmail, not the Pebble.

Use the official Gmail app, and you should be able to get notifications on your Pebble (using the new version) in a more timely manner.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Can you change it from fetch to push ? Or maybe fetch every so often then the notifications should work but it will effect battery checking every so often

I can't change just the one account to fetch. Looks like it has to be one or the other. Not a major deal. My other accounts work fine. Thanks tho.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Got another question. My alerts are working but on the app description it says I should be running firmware 1.13 on the pebble. Mine says 1.12. I got the watch over the weekend and it prompted me to update to the 1.12. I don't see anywhere to check for updates tho

toysforever

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Unless you are using Google's own app, they don't do true push e-mail any more. They don't even support IMAP push. This is a Google thing, so the deal breaker is on using Gmail, not the Pebble.

Use the official Gmail app, and you should be able to get notifications on your Pebble (using the new version) in a more timely manner.

With the Gmail app I get instant notifications now so I presume that will get transferred to the Pebble? Can anyone confirm this?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73