iPad, Kindle, Nook, or an old fashioned book. Which do you prefer?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like a majority of people throughout this earth, I do a good deal of reading every day, whether it is work-related, forum-related or casually, I read something day to day. With that in mind, there are times when I want to sit back and read a good novel, and before the digital age, I'd go to a store and purchase the book I'd be interested in reading. Nowadays, books can be purchased and read in digital format which bring me to the thread question. When you opt to read a good book/novel, which mechanism do you prefer? The iPad or another smart tablet, an Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble Nook, or a different e-reader? Mine is the Amazon Kindle - specifically, the Kindle Paperwhite. What's yours?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I used a Kindle 3G for a while before getting my iPad mini. Now have an iPad Air 2.

I find myself listening to Audible.com more because of down time in the car that I can use to "read".

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Ever since I got my first iPad (iPad 2), I've been reading books on it and haven't bought a physical book ever since. I prefer to read my books either through iBooks or the Kindle app.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I use either my Nexus 7 or iPad to read. The books are either in the Kindle app or Google Play Books.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a Kindle Voyage, though I seem to be drifting back toward physical copies. I also have a few books iBooks that were free there but not on Amazon. So I occasionally use my iPad. Mostly my Kindle Voyage or a physical copy.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Don't get me wrong. I love my iPad. Love it. But, when it comes to reading... whether it be books, magazines, comics/graphic novels, text books... I just prefer good old paper. I'll read a book every now and then on the iPad, but not too often.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Novels, Kindle Voyage. Photography books and Magazines, iPad (Pro 9.7). Cookbooks and Cooking magazines, physical copies.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I read on my iPad Mini sometimes but my preference is plain old books. I love the way the pages smell And since they've opened up an Amazon Bookstore next door, I love them even more...the smell of books & Peet's coffee is the best

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a Kindle, but I generally use my 7 plus to read on.
The books usually come from the Kindle app, or on occasion, iBooks.

Last edited:

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I read on my iPad mostly, my iPhone 4s when not at home. My preference would always be a real book( I have thousands !) But you can't adjust the print size in a book and I'm getting older....

Luis Angulo

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Don't get me wrong. I love my iPad. Love it. But, when it comes to reading... whether it be books, magazines, comics/graphic novels, text books... I just prefer good old paper. I'll read a book every now and then on the iPad, but not too often.

You're right! Nothing like a real book. ..I read digital books only for short information or data. ..but for entertainment there is nothing like grabbing a book and enjoy it in the couch

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
If I'm sitting back in my chair, taking the day off and just want to do a little reading, I would definitely take out a 'old fashioned' book :)

If I'm just doing 30 minute reading here and there, I would be happy with a 'Kindle Oasis' that thing has like 8 weeks of battery life! Pretty good.

I definitely can't read a book on the laptop or tablet. My eyes get sore to quickly. That's why I like the Kindle.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73