Saw a Samsung Note 4 at Best Buy...

aznhomieboi1689

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
And of course the employees will bash the iPhone 6 ...aside from that it does look nice with its features I guess but not sure how it will translate to better functionality ...anyone else have had an experience with it and what did you think compared to iPhone 6 Plus?

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
And of course the employees will bash the iPhone 6 ...aside from that it does look nice with its features I guess but not sure how it will translate to better functionality ...anyone else have had an experience with it and what did you think compared to iPhone 6 Plus?

Honestly apples and oranges. Samsung makes nice hardware they really do. And throw in the S pen and the Note series is very nice.
But their software is atrocious. It really is that bad. Google has some really nice stock apps that Samsung tries to hide. They also add their own poorly written apps that are poor duplicates and try to force you to use them. You can disable some but not all. And before someone jumps in and says root is the answer, Samsung added their Knox security. So you can root to hide and disable these apps but if you trip Knox while doing this you lose all future OTAs.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I took a look at it the other day, it is beautiful. I think the build quality is fantastic as well as the overall design. It's a little easier to hold in the hand even though it has a bigger screen than the plus. For me personally I prefer my 6 plus. And can't wait for more software to support the higher resolution screen.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Oh and the employees referred iPhones to as the "Corrolla" while Samsung's the "Mercedes Benz".... Lol

Mmmm. Lol. I would have said I had a corrolla. Just to see the look on his face.

And yes. The note 4 I think has a lot more features than the iPhone. I was almost sold with the Galaxy s5. But to be honest I only use my phone to text and Facebook. I barely use the features the iPhone has. I don't even use the camera that much. The only feature I envy is the full multitasking feature. Other than that I don't care about the rest.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Oh and the employees referred iPhones to as the "Corrolla" while Samsung's the "Mercedes Benz".... Lol

To be fair that employee is an *****. The more acceptable comparison would be BMW versus Mercedes. They are both nice and people will choose due to personal preference or one specific feature they are looking for.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
To be fair that employee is an *****. The more acceptable comparison would be BMW versus Mercedes. They are both nice and people will choose due to personal preference or one specific feature they are looking for.

I think it's disrespectuful. You never know what kind of car people have. I would have said I own a corrolla just to see the look on his face. How disrespectful.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

Good grief. I was edited for saying i d i o t?

aznhomieboi1689

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I think it's disrespectuful. You never know what kind of car people have. I would have said I own a corrolla just to see the look on his face. How disrespectful.

Yeah the funny thing is we were looking for a new phone for my girlfriend and he said that to her. She owns a Corrolla.....

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
If I were to go back to Android and got a Samsung device, I'd have to root it and install a not bloated version of Android forevermore (as in, I would give up OTA updates and just keep vanilla Android on it). I would rather use the OS as Google intended rather than wading through Samsung's skin of Android and all of the carrier bloat ware.

I think that's why I was attracted to the iPhone when I switched - I didn't have to spend the first day of new device ownership trying to get rid of all of the carrier bloat and/or manufacturer bloat before I could attempt to enjoy my new phone.

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
If I were to go back to Android and got a Samsung device, I'd have to root it and install a not bloated version of Android forevermore (as in, I would give up OTA updates and just keep vanilla Android on it). I would rather use the OS as Google intended rather than wading through Samsung's skin of Android and all of the carrier bloat ware.

I think that's why I was attracted to the iPhone when I switched - I didn't have to spend the first day of new device ownership trying to get rid of all of the carrier bloat and/or manufacturer bloat before I could attempt to enjoy my new phone.

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

And to be honest that is ridiculous that to get a pleasant experience you have to void your warranty. And I am not an android hater. I just prefer Moto or HTC hands down. Samsung is way low on my list.

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Honestly apples and oranges. Samsung makes nice hardware they really do. And throw in the S pen and the Note series is very nice.
But their software is atrocious. It really is that bad. Google has some really nice stock apps that Samsung tries to hide. They also add their own poorly written apps that are poor duplicates and try to force you to use them. You can disable some but not all. And before someone jumps in and says root is the answer, Samsung added their Knox security. So you can root to hide and disable these apps but if you trip Knox while doing this you lose all future OTAs.

Nice hardware? Have you hit your head today?

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I seen the Note 4 as I am researching it for my husband. The only reason he is considering the device is because of his S Pen he loves the thing but he hates everything else about the device.

I think bloatware is s turn off and that's why I had to give up on android. I don't want a phone I have to root in order for it to work. I think it looks nice but the "leather" back is an turn off to me.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site

Is like to see it. I think Android is great. I don't feel the need to "pick a side". I just choose Apple for my device and daily use.

I went to a BB once looking at the Samsung display and the Samsung rep was using an iPhone. When asked he said it was his personal phone. I had to laugh.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure it's a great phone. The note series paved the way for big devices such as the iPhone 6 plus that I am currently using.

However, software is a big issue. I've played with a friends note 3. Bloatware and the added layer of touch wiz make the phone seem sluggish. It seems to take away something from what would be a pretty great device.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I think people rip on Samsung too much. They make some great stuff.

I'm interested to see reviews on the note 4. Though I'm sure to be branded a flip flopper yet again, I'm still undecided on my new phone. I have tried the G3 and one M8, but had issues with those particular devices. Looking at the 6 and plus right now for iOS and for android looking at the note 4 and Moro x and one plus.