Are You Using Dropbox?

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I use dropbox only for photos and i just wanted to know if how to automatically upload photos only to dropbox. I dont want my videos to get uploaded to dropbox.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use dropbox only for photos and i just wanted to know if how to automatically upload photos only to dropbox. I dont want my videos to get uploaded to dropbox.
You can choose to mark which photos/videos to upload I think, rather than doing the "all auto upload" thing. I know you can with Box. I haven't checked Dropbox. Will now.

This explains how to upload photos manually. This way you can pick and choose which ones to upload.
https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/84

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451931454.557111.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451931355.228214.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451931363.012228.jpg

Then mark the photos by tapping them.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have 10gb on box as well which one do you prefer dropbox, box or onedrive and why?

I use all 3 of those. They are all the free versions. I use Box for most of my photos and smaller videos. I upload larger videos to OneDrive. Box free has a limited file size. Large videos won't work. Max file size in Box free is 250 mb. I like Box the best for photos. I got 50 gb free when I got it 2 years ago. I've used just over 7 gb. A lot of that could be deleted.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I use both Dropbox and iCloud.

I also have an FTP server set up on my home router that allows use of an external hard drive.

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I use Dropbox a lot, for transferring data across devices, for backup, for work.

Maybe not the safest way to have your files because all the hacks of big companies these days.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Dropbox is where ALL of my photos of the last almost 8 years are stored. It helps when I purchase new phones because I'm not worried about my pictures. And it's nice to occasionally go through my Dropbox account and go down memory lane.

Luis Angulo

May 2, 2017
Visit site
I use Dropbox a lot, and even though it offers a great service in terms of sharing, I think it could do a lot better with the interface, and the way it interacts with you on the phone. ..lacks notifications, and why does the offline section updates every time you go into it?? I know files have to be updated. ..but every single time? ?? That's not much offline to me

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Since my post in here was 3 years ago. I use Dropbox for pictures and now again for 1Password. I also use Google Drive for photos (Google Fiber gives you 1TB of cloud storage), and mostly iCloud for syncing. Google Drive is also used for work. I don't really do a lot of cloud storage.