Box or OneDrive

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Same here one drive for pics, because it up,loads from my iPhone. And I move them and have my docs on Box, I have a Paid version of that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What if you have 20 GB of files that need storing?

Of course, you can't have the same data with the two storage services you mentioned because one holds more than the other. My point is this, instead of choosing ONE, take advantage of both. The only stuff I keep on OneDrive are photos and videos. Dropbox has my docs, manuals, business letters, bill receipts, etcetera. Evernote keeps various receipts, notes, thoughts, wish lists, clipping, etc. I don't have anything on Google Drive, but that could change. I also have backups of everything on my external drive.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Of course, you can't have the same data with the two storage services you mentioned because one holds more than the other. My point is this, instead of choosing ONE, take advantage of both. The only stuff I keep on OneDrive are photos and videos. Dropbox has my docs, manuals, business letters, bill receipts, etcetera. Evernote keeps various receipts, notes, thoughts, wish lists, clipping, etc. I don't have anything on Google Drive, but that could change. I also have backups of everything on my external drive.

I'd probably have an easier time deciding if I didn't have 50 GB. :) Thanks for the detailed response D.

mattjohnson78

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I use OneDrive for everything and have over 150gb of storage. I got rid of Box, Dropbox and Drive. I use Office for iPad and my Windows 8.1 machine and OneDrive is much better choice.

Hopefully more apps will integrate the OneDrive API's into their apps.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I prefer OneDrive because I use outlook.com. I also have 100 gb of storage. You can earn it free for a year by signing in when you search. Another reason, It works well for me and I just like it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I just keep different types of data in different clouds.

Same here, I use DropBox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive and Box at the same time. Dropbox and OneDrive are both for my pictures and Google Drive are for other documents. But Dropbox contains all data which can be found in the other three. I have over 56GB storage on it

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use Box because I got it free with 50 free gb of storage. I think that was a limited time deal. It was then. They may have changed it.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I think I will drop Dropbox, and use OneDrive and Google Drive.
I am tired of having to compete for space on Dropbox. Nice thread.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I use Box because I got it free with 50 free gb of storage. I think that was a limited time deal. It was then. They may have changed it.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

I had it, but I deleted my account to switch to Dropbox. I also use Google Drive for documents.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods