Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 12 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree180Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    6,431 Global Posts

Default Is anyone intrigued by BlackBerry 10?

Clearly as far as ecosystem goes, neither Google nor BlackBerry can really compete, at least not at this point. Personally, I've used almost everything except webOS.

I feel that the main thing that the iphone has going for it is the overall smoothness. Same with the ipads... They usually "just work" which is great. But at some point that bland os just starts to get boring. I have friends that have been with Apple since the beginning, so it's very subjective for sure.

But since I have no money in Apple (avoided itunes like the plague) I have more freedom to play around with different devices. Sure, android gets laggy, and bb won't stream netflix, but being kind of "techy" I just enjoy devices I can really mess around with. iOS has always felt so closed off, VERY user friendly, but more so maybe for you're average user.

So I guess my questions are:

If you had to pick, what is your main reason for using Apple products? (Apps, hardware, itunes, etc.)

Is anyone even remotely intrigued by the new "flow" experience brought by BlackBerry 10? (Forget apps, I'm talking strictly OS/GUI)

Thanks everybody

Andy
    Thanked by:
    pkcable (04-05-2013)

Global Posts
    22,284 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Is anyone intrigued by BlackBerry 10?

This thread was moved to "Other OS's & devices".
    Thanked by:
    SlcCorrado (03-17-2013)
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

To be totally honest with you, I'm more impressed with the refreshed Android/Samsung devices coming vs. the BB10...after the Blackberry event earlier this year and the very lack luster reviews I've read over the last several weeks, it just seems like a very faint swan song from a company spiraling the drain.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    6,431 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    To be totally honest with you, I'm more impressed with the refreshed Android/Samsung devices coming vs. the BB10...after the Blackberry event earlier this year and the very lack luster reviews I've read over the last several weeks, it just seems like a very faint swan song from a company spiraling the drain.
    I'm definitely stoked to get my hands on an s4, that looks really sweet.

Yeah a lot of people are sticking to the whole "bb is dead" idea, but I'm not so sure. It just seems like there's always room for competition and it doesn't look like it's coming from Microsoft. I'm more excited to get my hands on the ubuntu phone, whenever that gets released. I tried the nokia but the live tiles just weren't doing it for me.

I'm still interested to hear from real iphone users what the huge draw is. I mean, it can't really boil down to just having money tied up in it
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,734 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SlcCorrado View Post

Yeah a lot of people are sticking to the whole "bb is dead" idea, but I'm not so sure. It just seems like there's always room for competition and it doesn't look like it's coming from Microsoft. I'm more excited to get my hands on the ubuntu phone, whenever that gets released. I tried the nokia but the live tiles just weren't doing it for me.

I'm still interested to hear from real iphone users what the huge draw is. I mean, it can't really boil down to just having money tied up in it
    Apple - iPhone 5 - There
    Thanked by:
    SlcCorrado (03-17-2013)
    kch50428 and MERCDROID like this.

Global Posts
    11,891 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Yeah... that should cover it...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    Karenkcoulter likes this.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    6,431 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Thanks, but I was looking for something a little more personal. Everyone knows it has a retina display and lots of apps. I was just more curious about the little things. Thank you though
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

In my opinion, BB10 isn't competition...AT BEST, it is an offering for the Blackberry loyalist that wanted a new era smart phone but wanted to ride down with the ship (so to speak). I mean, it COULD have been a game changer, it could have been their saving grace...but as typical with Blackberry (from my view), they tried too hard to keep the phone relevant to the aging requests of their loyal (but dwindling) fan base...they came to the game with dated features, no real innovative or unique draw and in the end, it's too little too late I'm afraid.

I mean this was supposed to be their halo device, their main course...and while people are always complaining that Apple has slowed innovation and REAL development on their newest offerings, to me, this Blackberry flagship was more like a row boat with a small leak that the loyalists don't want to fix. Window's may have come out of the gate slowly, but their devices have stuck their heads out in certain ways that really kind of sets them into the game for the long haul...the Lumia 920 alone has proven to be a hot commodity on the market, and like Android, Windows has slapped their OS on tons of phones across the price spectrum...this WILL maintain existence in the smart phone world (though, to me, it diminishes the brand and reputation when you find the same features on a $49 pay as you go phone as you do on the $500-$600 big dogs).

As far as your question about the draw of the iPhone...mine is the ecosystem, i love it...i could list descriptive words all day about it, but you've heard them all. The iPhone is made well, looks nice, works perfectly nearly 100% of the time for ALL users, not just the basic ones...it works hand in hand with my macbook without effort, it's invested into my music collection (and i actually like iTunes personally), iMessage has become such a great tool to use across all of my devices i can't imagine moving away from that ability with another type of phone.

I could go on for days listing features i love, we all know what the iPhone brings to the table in that regard...my real love for this device comes down to one simple thing though really, and that is that it offers everything i want in a device of this nature with little to no fuss. I don't like working on my devices, i don't like having to find work arounds for things to enjoy functionality...i don't have to venture into the brains of the phone to make it work how i want to, it already does, and it does it cleanly with all the rest of my tech toys around the house.

It just works (as cliche as that has become, it is the absolute truth). I've come across a good analogy recently after i sold my Volkswagen GTI and bought a Honda Prelude as a daily driver...i had owned several hondas throughout my life, and always enjoyed their no non-sense ownership experience combined with the spirited driving style you get out of certain models (like the prelude). I bought a VW (new mind you) in 2004 and just thought it was the best thing ever when i first started driving it, it was fast, sporty and different...but then i noticed all the little typical crap that VW owners complained about...things started breaking, i started having to shell out money for repairs on non-sensical stuff, and 9 years later, i was left with the decision of doing a major repair or selling it and buying a new car.

I chose the latter. And when i went out and bought another Honda (that I've had for about a month now), i was returned to that same zone i was in before, it provided the fun i was looking for in a car that finds itself pulling duty as a daily driver, but also, it just works...repairs are easy, cheap and not common, but in the same areas that the VW shined, it also provides a sufficient answer. Is it as fast? Nope...is it as sport oriented? Nope. But it isn't far enough away to make me want the work involved in the german product. The iPhone reminds me of this in so many ways...which is why it works so perfectly for me.
    Last edited by SeanHRCC; 03-18-2013 at 07:17 AM.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Thanked by:
    mikeo007 (03-21-2013), revtech (03-18-2013), Slammers08 (03-19-2013), SlcCorrado (03-18-2013), SWFLFFPM (04-07-2013), wendybeee (03-19-2013)
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    6,431 Global Posts

Thank you! That's what I was looking for Some actual insight into what makes ios work for people. I enjoyed the read, but I can't help but throw this out there... The time-shift camera and the already-copied-by-apple keyboard are pretty clear innovations in BB10... Yes, they clearly are trying to make old school BB users happy as well, but I definitely don't believe that there is no innovation in BB10. I mean blackberry balance alone makes it a more suitable work phone (just my opinion). But having work and play seperated on a device just makes sense, and I would bet that apple will follow suit

Global Posts
    7,032 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

I have to agree with Sean. I like the car analogy.

For me, my iPhone just works and works well. Way back in '08 a few months after the 3G had come out, I was interested in getting a smart phone. My husband had had a treo for a while. We had Verizon at the time. We went to the mall Verizon store and I played with all the phones on display. None of them seemed very intriguing. At this point I owned no Apple products and if you had asked me, I would had said that I never would. But the Apple store was right across the aisle so we wandered in. It was love at first sight/touch. It just did everything I could want easily and with no learning curve needed. And it's just continued from there-I now have iPads and a MacBook Pro. There is always something new to delight me with it. I keep up with the news from android and blackberry and windows phones but they never have any feature compelling enough to make me want to switch. Now I'm not saying they don't have any new innovative features, just none that make me want to switch. And it's not that I don't understand tech. I'm a developer by trade. I've always played around with my Windows and now Mac PCs to modify them to do what I want and look like I want. I periodically jailbreak my phone but usually restore to stock after a couple of weeks because there isn't anything in the jailbreak compelling enough to keep me there for long. So I have no doubt that I could and would easily adapt to a different phone OS and perhaps even enjoy mucking around with it for a while. But I'm fairly sure that after a few weeks I would tire of that and miss the iPhone because it just works and does what I want it to.
    Thanked by:
    SlcCorrado (03-18-2013)
    revtech and MERCDROID like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,681 Global Posts

Sean and Karen, I found both of your posts enjoyable to read and they had some good insight. I'm really with the OP here.

Ive have an iphone 5, and it just didnt do it for me- my metaphorical boat, did not float. Now that I've picked up a BB10, the whole "in then out" app experience doesn't appeal to me and I dont want to go back to that.

Having an "other" section of the forums and then telling people to go else where does seem a bit abrasive. There is nothing godly about apple that makes all other users have to leave for fear to blaspheme.

Ultimately, these sort of discussions go nowhere and get nothing really accomplished. But they do allow for the people involved to get a little bit of insight into what its like "on the other side".

just my 5¢ (Canada has banned the penny, so this is the lowest form of currency now)
    Thanked by:
    SlcCorrado (03-18-2013)
    Alli, JustMe'D, Flip4Bytes and 6 others like this.

Global Posts
    2,769 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm definitely considering the Z10 as my next device and I am currently and iPhone 4S user. I've have upgrades on both lines of my plan and I am tempted to use one of them to get a Z10. The BlackBerry 10 OS is kind of refreshing to me and I find the Hub feature to be extremely compelling. The ecosystem isn't a big deal for me as my iPhone is great at what it does, but I use my iPad and Apple TV in conjunction with each other and my iPhone is pretty much my sidekick when traveling around.
    Thanked by:
    SlcCorrado (03-18-2013)
    yasmar and SlcCorrado like this.

Global Posts
    15,722 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Technology is not about gaining future endeavors anymore. It's seems to personal for some now days.

My .02 since everyone else is stuck in a endless loop of repetitive statements.

"MOBILE NATIONS - Mobile Nations launched in 2011, evolving the ten year old Smartphone Experts brand into the largest network of mobile communities unifying Android Central, CrackBerry.com, iMore, WPCentral and webOS Nation. We like to think of Mobile Nations as the United Nations of mobile - independently each community stands strong on its own, built upon its own core group of mobile experts and enthusiasts. Together Mobile Nations accomplishes more, reaching over 8.5 million unique worldwide visitors."

There is nothing in any of the forums that says one is not welcome. Never once has an Admin or Moderator said one is not allowed here but yes we have to have some rules to follow.

Mobile Nations sites are open communities welcoming all those mobile guru's and more!

Reality check for me..... I have used every device on almost every platform. I have positives and negatives of all of them. But I don't go to forums to rally people up and trash talk. There is no reason for it. Bottom line - Respecting ones opinion in the matter.

We have always said to debate the device - And debates are good. But because one does not agree with you, does make them a fool or hater.

I like BlackBerry, Windows, Android, and now iPhone. I use what works for me and my line of work and personal life. You maybe the complete opposite. And that is acceptable on all our sites. Decide what works well for you and learn from it. and help others.

But it amazes me, that people stressing point on what does not work for them and others have to agree with them 100% and do what they do, and the other user is not welcome because of the device they use.

People need to realize we are all hear to learn and help those in need of help. If you want to for your own personal reasons rally groups and put others with an open mind of accepting their OWN choices, then go else where.

Why should friendships decide on what model phone you have and prefer. Is that really what the forums have come to?

All of us here do not make the decisions that get signed off at the manufacturing companies, OS development, and carrier operations. We are end consumers who have a decision to choose what will work best for yourself and only yourself. I am certainly not making a decision based on someone on a forum.
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

Thanked by:
    cdnbacon (03-24-2013), MERCDROID (03-18-2013), SlcCorrado (03-18-2013)
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Thank you! That's what I was looking for Some actual insight into what makes ios work for people. I enjoyed the read, but I can't help but throw this out there... The time-shift camera and the already-copied-by-apple keyboard are pretty clear innovations in BB10... Yes, they clearly are trying to make old school BB users happy as well, but I definitely don't believe that there is no innovation in BB10. I mean blackberry balance alone makes it a more suitable work phone (just my opinion). But having work and play seperated on a device just makes sense, and I would bet that apple will follow suit
    Now don't confuse what i said...i said that what they brought to the market was "too little too late" and nothing "really innovative". I never said they brought zero to the table.

I understand that Blackberry integrated some new toys...they kind of had to, otherwise you would just have a revamped Storm. Innovations though? Nah...certainly cool features, but nothing innovative. Nothing that stands out as a must have function across the board of smart phones. (again, just my opinion)

I'm not sure where you're going with the keyboard comment...lol, especially since no new iPhone has been even previewed since the release of the Z10 from Blackberry, making copying the Blackberry device a bit difficult.

Having work and play separated on the Blackberry device will surely come as a welcome change to Blackberry fans...I don't think Apple will follow suit though because the iPhone has never really been even close to a "work" related device, but can still perform the features necessary when qualifying something as "work". Further integration of the email system into something more "corporate friendly" (for lack of better term) is certainly a good possibility but as far as a separation of work and play, the iPhone isn't a device that needs such a distinction (to me).

Talking about hypothetical iPhone changes though is a bit of a moot point really though since nothing has even been hinted at as of yet with the next iteration of Apple device outside of wireless charging. All in all, the Blackberry Z10 and the iPhone share many similarities but they are very different phones made for a very different segment of the consumer market...if the Z10 is the executive officer of the big corporate business, then the iPhone is most certainly a race car driver.
    Last edited by SeanHRCC; 03-18-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    Thanked by:
    SlcCorrado (03-18-2013)
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,704 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

Not really, no.

If BB had the app support that iOS and Android had, I would have never left. If BB built decent handsets with a decent OS, I would have never left.

BB's answer to the iPhone was the Storm and the Storm2. Fail.
    BB's answer to the iPad was the PlayBook. Fail.

I was stuck with a device that never got OS updates and the apps they did have for them were crap. My phone bricked, it froze and the apps didn't work half the time. They were sub par at best.

Looks like BBX won't have near the apps that the BB faithful hoped they'd have.

So no, I'm not interested in taking giant steps backwards as far as technology goes.
    Dude! You slapped a fish. You punched it! Why would you hit it?

So she's praying...To Justin Timberlake apparently

Global Posts
    22,284 Global Posts
    iOS Version

(snipped) it offers everything i want in a device of this nature with little to no fuss.....(snipped)
    'nuf said....
    Thanked by:
    SlcCorrado (03-18-2013)
    SeanHRCC, kch50428 and MERCDROID like this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts

I'm more interested in trying windows phone 8
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I shifted away from BB because the OS6 was slow and clunky (I had the BB Torch 9800). The form factor, the apps that I had access to were basically fine and more than adequate for my job and personal life. When I had the chance to switch to iPhone 5 I took it. Sure, iOS is not real flashy and new, and there are some things that don't work the way I wish they would (email, for instance), but all in all "it just works" pretty much covers it. At the end of the day I don't want a device that won't do what I need it to do. The iPhone 5 does.

However, when my next upgrade comes around I may be very interested in looking at the Z10 (or whatever model is available) because BB10 does look interesting. It does look like BB finally has something that isn't clunky and slow and it does look like it may work. Is it the most innovative? Is it the most flashy? I don't know, nor do I care. It does need to work before I will look at it...and then it needs to be something I like before I buy into it. I am definitely keeping my eye on BB10 for the time being. Until my upgrade though, iPhone 5 is easy to use and easy to love.
    Thanked by:
    cdnbacon (03-24-2013), SlcCorrado (03-18-2013)
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

As a fellow "techie and lover of mobile tech" I can honestly say BlackBerry brought something different to the table.

Coming from owning a multitude of different(wallet shrinking) devices, I find myself picking up my z10, the same, if not moreso than when I had my iPhone5. For the record I've also owned a 3g, 4, 2x4s, and 2x5's, the 4s being my fave.

With the app situation aside, the whole not having to go "in - home - in - home" with any button presses I think is pure intuitive! I can go in and out of things with just a swipe. Anyone who says the OS is confusing, has either never played with one, or not played with it long enough, (best way I can explain it is just like learning to ride a bike or drive a car, you don't get good first shot!)

Here are some bullet points for those interested in the device.

- The keyboard on this thing is freaking awesome!!! It learns from you the minute you take it out of the box and fire it up. I hated typing on the iphone keyboard because it forces me to adapt to it, the closes keyboard I have found is SwiftkeyX for android, but that still is not as good as the Z10 keyboard(goodbye auto correct fails!)

- The hub, may not be a big thing to people, but once you have it, it is hard to go back to anything else. I love the fact that I don't need to guess what came in(yes I know I can just swipe down from notifications, or even have the pop up tell me what came in)I've always found the pop up "intrusive". When I'm surfing the net or browsing thru app store, I didn't like the fact that a banner would pop up and interupt what I was doing(small thing, MY preference). With the hub, I can continue doing what I'm doing, CHOOSE to peek at what came in, or just totally ignore it for later. Also I can respond to emails, texts, twitter, linkedin, facebook, without having to LAUNCH their respected apps.

- The fact I can send more than one attachment thru email! if I want to send my wife/family/friends more than one pic, I am able to do so!(if there was a way to do this on iphone, I never found it)

- Blackberry Remember is a feature that hardly ever gets any limelight, but I think it's wicked. I see it as a notepad-corkboard. I can attach notes, pictures, voicenotes, even url's as opposed to only text.

These are just a couple of things why I like my Z10, and why I encourage anyone to give it a try. Is the platform perfect? hell no, but what platform is in it's first year? Do I think the platform has a great foundation to build upon? Hell yes! So why not give it a try and when I say try, REALLY give it a try (going back to first riding a bike/driving a car analogy), what have you got to loose? Last I checked, most major CANADIAN companies give 30min/14 days return policy.

**** OPINIONS ARE OF MY OWN. Please excuse any grammatical errors, or misspelled words. Also I tried to leave the whole apps argument out of it as per request of OP.
    Thanked by:
    SlcCorrado (03-18-2013)
    Alli, yasmar, bb10_fan and 3 others like this.
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    6,431 Global Posts

Now don't confuse what i said...i said that what they brought to the market was "too little too late" and nothing "really innovative". I never said they brought zero to the table.

I understand that Blackberry integrated some new toys...they kind of had to, otherwise you would just have a revamped Storm. Innovations though? Nah...certainly cool features, but nothing innovative. Nothing that stands out as a must have function across the board of smart phones. (again, just my opinion)

I'm not sure where you're going with the keyboard comment...lol, especially since no new iPhone has been even previewed since the release of the Z10 from Blackberry, making copying the Blackberry device a bit difficult.

Having work and play separated on the Blackberry device will surely come as a welcome change to Blackberry fans...I don't think Apple will follow suit though because the iPhone has never really been even close to a "work" related device, but can still perform the features necessary when qualifying something as "work". Further integration of the email system into something more "corporate friendly" (for lack of better term) is certainly a good possibility but as far as a separation of work and play, the iPhone isn't a device that needs such a distinction (to me).

Talking about hypothetical iPhone changes though is a bit of a moot point really though since nothing has even been hinted at as of yet with the next iteration of Apple device outside of wireless charging. All in all, the Blackberry Z10 and the iPhone share many similarities but they are very different phones made for a very different segment of the consumer market...if the Z10 is the executive officer of the big corporate business, then the iPhone is most certainly a race car driver.
    I was referring to the Octopus Keyboard available on jail broken iphones. You can read about it here Octopus Keyboard I didn't really mean anything by that comment besides just pointing out that this style of keyboard is "in demand" and BB did it first.
    EauRouge likes this.
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    6,431 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by projectman View Post
    I shifted away from BB because the OS6 was slow and clunky (I had the BB Torch 9800). The form factor, the apps that I had access to were basically fine and more than adequate for my job and personal life. When I had the chance to switch to iPhone 5 I took it. Sure, iOS is not real flashy and new, and there are some things that don't work the way I wish they would (email, for instance), but all in all "it just works" pretty much covers it. At the end of the day I don't want a device that won't do what I need it to do. The iPhone 5 does.

However, when my next upgrade comes around I may be very interested in looking at the Z10 (or whatever model is available) because BB10 does look interesting. It does look like BB finally has something that isn't clunky and slow and it does look like it may work. Is it the most innovative? Is it the most flashy? I don't know, nor do I care. It does need to work before I will look at it...and then it needs to be something I like before I buy into it. I am definitely keeping my eye on BB10 for the time being. Until my upgrade though, iPhone 5 is easy to use and easy to love.
    I agree, os6 was mainly clunky as it was just a re-skinned os5. I have enjoyed os7.1 a lot more, but I think that has more to do with the upgraded processing power and ram. Although a lot of the os tweaks are pretty cool (os6 didn't have mobile hotspot or nfc compatibility)
  22. Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    6,431 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GingerSnapsBack View Post
    Not really, no.

If BB had the app support that iOS and Android had, I would have never left. If BB built decent handsets with a decent OS, I would have never left.

BB's answer to the iPhone was the Storm and the Storm2. Fail.
    BB's answer to the iPad was the PlayBook. Fail.

I was stuck with a device that never got OS updates and the apps they did have for them were crap. My phone bricked, it froze and the apps didn't work half the time. They were sub par at best.

Looks like BBX won't have near the apps that the BB faithful hoped they'd have.

So no, I'm not interested in taking giant steps backwards as far as technology goes.
    I'm not really sure I agree, but no biggie It just seems that your points are kind of mixed. The only apps I really hear people complain about is netflix and skype (I don't really use either) but both of those are working on BB10, so I am kind of curious what apps you are referring to. And when you say "a step back as far as technology goes," I'm not sure where you get that from besides maybe you've only ever used an old BB curve on os5 which, let's face it, was a pretty lackluster device, haha
    Thanked by:
    helloz10byeiphone (03-18-2013)
    helloz10byeiphone likes this.

Global Posts
    15,722 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

People are complaining about those apps. because they are the most wanted in the Mobile world. Other then that... There is nothing else to complain about in the app section.. Since there is really nothing...
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

I'm very interested in the Z10. I had a BB Pearl and then upgraded to the Storm II before switching to iPhone. I suppose I am one of the few that loved the Storm II. I have owned the iPhone 4 and now the 4S. My wife has the iPhone 5 and it really is just the same thing as before. Anyway, I've enjoyed my iPhone but a part of me has always missed BB. The keyboard on iPhone sucks and the Z10's keyboard has me really interested and excited about a better typing experience. The BB Hub sounds wonderful too. Not having to exit apps to reply to a text or email is a dream come true. iPhone is half way there with Twitter and Facebook in the notifications menu. I just don't understand why Apple can't add messages and email to the notifications menu too. Not Apple's fault, but if I upgrade to another iPhone, I will lose push GMail. I will give iPhone a chance to show off iOS7 and the next iPhone before I make the switch, but I think I have already made up my mind. App selection is not a huge deal to me. Besides I have a ton of apps just collecting dust on my phone. Do I really need nine different camera apps? I don't think so.
    Last edited by CrzyP; 03-18-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Global Posts
    22,284 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by CrzyP View Post
    I'm very interested in the Z10. I had a BB Pearl and then upgraded to the Storm II before switching to iPhone. I suppose I am one of the few that loved the Storm II. I have owned the iPhone 4 and now the 4S. My wife has the iPhone 5 and it really is just the same thing as before. Anyway, I've enjoyed my iPhone but a part of me has always missed BB. The keyboard on iPhone sucks and the Z10's keyboard has me really interested and excited about a better typing experience. The BB Hub sounds wonderful too. Not having to exit apps to reply to a text or email is a dream come true. iPhone is half way there with Twitter and Facebook in the notifications menu. I just don't understant why Apple can't add messages and email to the notifications menu too. Not Apple's fault, but if I upgrade to another iPhone, I will lose push GMail. I will give iPhone a chance to show off iOS7 and the next iPhone before I make the switch, but I think I have already made up my mind. App selection is not a huge deal to me. Besides I have a ton of apps just collecting dust on my phone. Do I really need nine different camera apps? I don't think so.
    Excellent reply......I never had either the BB Storm or its successor, but I've probably had every model prior leading back to the 7290 which is probably my second favorite BB of all time. The keyboards on the BBs after the 7200 series, in my opinion, went downhill although they were still great to type on. Like you, I miss having a BB device and long to return to having one, but that longing is not as great as it once was because the iPhone, specifically my trusty iPhone 4S, has catered to my smartphone needs beyond my expectations. I've progressed beyond having the latest & greatest to merely having what is great for me and right now, it's the iPhone. Critics of the iPhone can tell me all day long that it is not the greatest smartphone device and that is lacks this feature or that, but what they cannot tell me is that the iPhone isn't the best smartphone for me, myself & I and vice-versa. Anyway, thanks for the reply and have a great day...
    Thanked by:
    SlcCorrado (03-18-2013)
    MERCDROID, EauRouge and SlcCorrado like this.
Page 1 of 12 1234 ... LastLast