Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree88Likes

Default Re: Article from Gizmodo: Sorry Apple, the BlackBerry Z10 Is Hotter Than the iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry Guy View Post
    Being a member of both CB and iMore that's the main difference I've found between the 2 sites. It's a great deal more...civilized...over here, for lack of a better word.
    Unfortunately for those of us who also have BB phones and love them, the kind of BB fanboy trolling that is currently happening is embarrassing.

Please, iMore, not all BB users are as pathetic as this troll and his troll friends. Don't judge is all by those losers.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup....
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" ~Socrates
    Thanked by:
    BlackBerry Guy (01-29-2013)
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Default Re: Article from Gizmodo: Sorry Apple, the BlackBerry Z10 Is Hotter Than the iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Unfortunately for those of us who also have BB phones and love them, the kind of BB fanboy trolling that is currently happening is embarrassing.

Please, iMore, not all BB users are as pathetic as this troll and his troll friends. Don't judge is all by those losers.
    Fair enough. We have our ghetto dwellers, too. But we (mostly the mods) do a good job of keeping them in check.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    Fair enough. We have our ghetto dwellers, too. But we (mostly the mods) do a good job of keeping them in check.
    Just so you know we don't all behave this way.

I happen to use several phones and love them all. They feel allegiance must be paid to one platform only. And their trolling is not indicative of everyone at CB.

I apologise for their behaviour.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup....
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" ~Socrates
    cckgz4 likes this.

Global Posts
    19,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Article from Gizmodo: Sorry Apple, the BlackBerry Z10 Is Hotter Than the iPhone

As I've stated so many times before, I adored every Blackberry device I've ever owned and I promoted them BIG TIME! After the original Bold, however, the devices, in my opinion, started falling behind the times and I opted to look elsewhere for my smartphone needs. Still, I have always looked forward to the day when I return to using BB devices and I still do. Having said that, I cannot ignore the fact that Apple has effectively fulfilled my smartphone needs via the iPhone. I purchased my very first mobile phone in 1989 and I don't recall ever holding onto a phone as long as I've held on to my iPhone 4S. I am that pleased with it and that is why I cannot see myself returning to BB devices with this initial round of RIM's re-emergence. My eye is on the next iPhone. Period! Now after that, who knows? I am not counting out a return to Blackberry sometimes "next" year....
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Yea, if you would of post this like, here http://forums.imore.com/other-oss-devices/ Then maybe you might of got less quip. Its still wack though to get mild hate from staff and moderators. ~ I like iStuff mans. Get your life together.
    Thanked by:
    Bobert_123 (02-03-2013)
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by Blu3V3nom07 View Post
    Yea, if you would of post this like, here http://forums.imore.com/other-oss-devices/ Then maybe you might of got less quip. Its still wack though to get mild hate from staff and moderators. ~ I like iStuff mans. Get your life together.
    translation please.
    Thanked by:
    GingerSnapsBack (01-29-2013)
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by Blu3V3nom07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    translation please.
    And to be clear, we’d appreciate it in good, old, American English. Thank you.
    Thanked by:
    GingerSnapsBack (01-29-2013)
    BLiNK likes this.

Global Posts
    19,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Article from Gizmodo: Sorry Apple, the BlackBerry Z10 Is Hotter Than the iPhone

. Count me in this category.

Global Posts
    15,481 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post

Not only that but I am looking from the production stand point and developer side of things..... Only time will tell....
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #35  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts

Just so you know we don't all behave this way.

I happen to use several phones and love them all. They feel allegiance must be paid to one platform only. And their trolling is not indicative of everyone at CB.

I apologise for their behaviour.

Wow qbnkelt I'm surprised, I'm always on CB and you've never said stuff like that to me (or anyone else). I'm no troll, I was just having some fun, and wanted to see someone elses view on the article besides BB fans. I love ios devices, and never said anything bad about them here or anywhere else. I merely posted an article. I've always respected your posts but that's not cool what you did there. I'm not "pathetic", a "troll" or a "loser". I have the right to post what ever I want wherever I want as long as its respectful and on topic, which it was. No mod has the right to ban me because I did nothing wrong. I expected hate from the ios diehards but not from you...
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (02-03-2013)
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,702 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I am too. I want to see firstly, what kind of apps there will be for the system. If the apps I need and use on a daily basis aren't there, why should I switch? It's not just for Angry Birds or Words with Friends, it's work related apps I use daily that are on iOS but not on BB. If the apps I need are there and if the device performs as solidly as RIM said it will, then maybe.

But RIM's track record isn't the greatest and they've got a lot to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert_123 View Post
    I have the right to post what ever I want wherever I want as long as its respectful and on topic, which it was. No mod has the right to ban me because I did nothing wrong. I expected hate from the ios diehards but not from you...
    So, let me get this straight. You came to iMore hoping to start a flame war by posting an article that said BB is cooler than iPhone.

You acted like a spoiled two year old and when qbnkelt apologized for you, you get offended?

I think you owe her an apology. A lot of us here on iMore are also members on CB and to those of us who aren't you gave CB members a bad name by your rantings.
    Dude! You slapped a fish. You punched it! Why would you hit it?

So she's praying...To Justin Timberlake apparently
    Thanked by:
    mikeo007 (01-30-2013), qbnkelt (01-29-2013)
    kch50428, cckgz4 and mikeo007 like this.

Global Posts
    19,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by GingerSnapsBack View Post
    I am too. I want to see firstly, what kind of apps there will be for the system. If the apps I need and use on a daily basis aren't there, why should I switch? It's not just for Angry Birds or Words with Friends, it's work related apps I use daily that are on iOS but not on BB. If the apps I need are there and if the device performs as solidly as RIM said it will, then maybe.

But RIM's track record isn't the greatest and they've got a lot to overcome....(snipped)...
    Well stated and I'm in agreement.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

So, let me get this straight. You came to iMore hoping to start a flame war by posting an article that said BB is cooler than iPhone.

You acted like a spoiled two year old and when qbnkelt apologized for you, you get offended?

I think you owe her an apology. A lot of us here on iMore are also members on CB and to those of us who aren't you gave CB members a bad name by your rantings.
    I’d go out on a limb and say that your assessment seems pretty much spot on to me.
    kch50428 and mikeo007 like this.
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #39  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts

But RIM's track record isn't the greatest and they've got a lot to overcome.

I owe nothing to her, nor does she owe anything to me. I have been nothing but respectful to everyone this whole time. I wanted to see what Apple people thought of the article, THAT IS ALL. I don't care if you rip bb to pieces because that is your opinion, and you have a right to your opinion. I do have a problem when someone rips ME apart just because they don't like my post.

Your right though, maybe I am whining, should I just report her for rude and offensive behavior instead? I thought it would be more mature to say it to her directly instead of trying to get her banned or receive a warning.

P.S. The fact that she "apologized" for me was even more insulting
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (02-03-2013)
    iMore Expert

Even if they were...umm better?
    The original post was fine and it could've taken us to a nice discussion but in my opinion this is where you started to sink, even if they were better ?? How could you determine what's better for me or the other people here? If you drive a Civic and love it, would you replace it for a Corolla if they release a "better" car?? I wouldn't, There are thousands of reasons why we choose to keep a phone, car, house, etc. and I dont understand the necessity to convince other people to use something else...
    BLiNK and Fausty82 like this.
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #41  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guacho View Post
    The original post was fine and it could've lead to a nice discussion but In my opinion this is where you started to sink, even if they were better ?? How could you determine what's better for me or the other people here? If you drive a Civic and love it, would you replace it for a Corolla if they release a "better" car?? I wouldn't, There are thousands of reasons why we choose to keep a phone, car, house, etc. and I dont understand the necessity to convince other people to use something else...
    Fair enough
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #42  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    i guarantee you if i post something about the "next" iPhone being Hotter than anything BB at CrackheadBerry (just to get blackberry users opinions) my **** will get ripped off and shoved down my throat

you're lying if you disagree
    Others would, I wouldn't, obviously there is a bias towards many cb users but that does not mean were all rabid animals. I appreciate all OS's, heck I couldn't live without the iphone 4 I use as my ipod.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Others would, I wouldn't, obviously there is a bias towards many cb users but that does not mean were all rabid animals. I appreciate all OS's, heck I couldn't live without the iphone 4 I use as my ipod.
    And I couldn’t live without old my BlackBerry Bold ... I use it as a door stop.
    BLiNK and GingerSnapsBack like this.

Global Posts
    15,481 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Easy folks.

Let's keep things civil, device discussion is good, but let's not put down good members, even if they are from other sites.

If the discussion makes you want to post something you shouldn't then pass on the reply button and let the thread drop. We don't want to create drama that we didn't even want in the first place.
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

Thanked by:
    Blu3V3nom07 (01-30-2013), Bobert_123 (01-29-2013)
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    And I couldn’t live without old my BlackBerry Bold ... I use it as a door stop.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

i'll tap the reply button whenever i feel the need. thanks
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

Default RE: Article from Gizmodo: Sorry Apple, the BlackBerry Z10 Is Hotter Than the iPhone

Unfortunately sure. There's some gain with black berry. But a recent survey just showed that user interest with iPhone is at around 35% Android is in the 50% area, Windows Phone jumps to a 11% from 2% and Blackberry to just a 7%. I wouldn't get to excited. Just wait until Ubuntu mobile comes out and see what competition there is.

(These are from a poll of interest. So its bound to be different.)

In my opinion Android & iPhone are awfully alike. While Windows Phone is almost completely different which is why it is gaining its popularity. The Blackberry however is along the line with Android & iPhone and users who use Android & iPhone are most likely already satisfied with what they have.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Wow qbnkelt I'm surprised, I'm always on CB and you've never said stuff like that to me (or anyone else). I'm no troll, I was just having some fun, and wanted to see someone elses view on the article besides BB fans. I love ios devices, and never said anything bad about them here or anywhere else. I merely posted an article. I've always respected your posts but that's not cool what you did there. I'm not "pathetic", a "troll" or a "loser". I have the right to post what ever I want wherever I want as long as its respectful and on topic, which it was. No mod has the right to ban me because I did nothing wrong. I expected hate from the ios diehards but not from you...
    Let's see....you come from CB into this site and so you represent CB here. You post an inflammatory article that states that the upcoming BB phone is better than the iPone. You go on the offensive when someone states that he/she would not get a BB. Then you go on the defence of someone who has been trolling iMore.
    And you state that you are not a troll.
    If it walks like a duck, acts like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's not a zebra.

If someone from iMore were to go to CB to do what you did here I would be all over that person. What possible motive could you have had to post that article, then made your cheeky comments afterwards, then defend a person from CB with a history of trolling here?

You are mistaken if you think I have not called out trolls, pro BB and anti BB, on CB. I have had my wrist slapped by PK for it. And Branta. But here is the thing.....I own a 4S. I want to come back here without having me associated with the behaviour that has come from the CB trolls over the last couple of days. And I want the folks here to know that we are not all interested in trolling iMore over at CB.

As far as the hate.....you must not know me very well on CB. I own and use all three major platforms and I do not tolerate misinformation on any of them. I do not tolerate the iSheep comment nor the cyborg comment. Because those comments are asinine. These are bits of plastic and glass and wire, and rude behaviour is unwarranted. I own an iPad that I love...if that makes me an iOS diehard so be it. I also own an SGIII that I love. If that makes me an Android diehard so be it. I loved my BBs....one after the other. I hope I can love the Z10, I REALLY do. I am platform agnostic, I choose what I want when I want it. I am simply a geek.

If someone trolls I call it out. PK has given me one infraction. Branta gave me a good tongue lashing. I speak my mind and I don't get into any one else's right to have their say. But passive aggressive trolling posts.....nah. I call those out.

If you do not want to be perceived as a troll, I would rethink whom you defend and the posts you make.
    Thanked by:
    GingerSnapsBack (01-30-2013), kch50428 (01-29-2013), mikeo007 (01-30-2013)

I owe nothing to her, nor does she owe anything to me. I have been nothing but respectful to everyone this whole time. I wanted to see what Apple people thought of the article, THAT IS ALL. I don't care if you rip bb to pieces because that is your opinion, and you have a right to your opinion. I do have a problem when someone rips ME apart just because they don't like my post.

Your right though, maybe I am whining, should I just report her for rude and offensive behavior instead? I thought it would be more mature to say it to her directly instead of trying to get her banned or receive a warning.

P.S. The fact that she "apologized" for me was even more insulting
    Take your posts in the aggregate. Take the posts of the people you have defended from CB who have trolled iMore.

You represent CB here. I represent CB here. I want a clear distinction drawn between your behaviour and those whom you have defended and me, because I intend to stay on this site as an iPhone and iPad user. I will need expertise here. I don't want this kind of post associated with me, or with CB in general.

To claim victimization after you have gone on the offensive is disingenuous in the extreme.

And don't forget.....post history is a clear and visible indication of where you have been.

And yes, I apologised for bad behaviour from the CB trolls here. It's the ethical thing to do, if I'm going to frequent iMore. It is good breeding, and I was reared properly.
    Thanked by:
    Fausty82 (01-29-2013), kch50428 (01-29-2013), mikeo007 (01-30-2013)
    Fausty82, kch50428 and mikeo007 like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

This thread has run its course.
    Thanked by:
    carrickfergus (01-30-2013), pkcable (01-29-2013)
    pkcable, kch50428 and swarlos like this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12