Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By StevenF19
  • 1 Post By tgp
  • 2 Post By kch50428
  • 1 Post By SeanHRCC
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Lightbulb i have the iPhone 5 and im getting tired of the iOS and the device itself what should i get

i have the iPhone 5 and i want something new :
    has nfc
    on Verizon
    nice size screen
    good camera
    preferably a windows phone but ill take any android that you guys recommend (can be rumored phones)
    Touch screen
    bluetooth
    and a good battery

you can give reasons why to stay with iPhone

recommend away
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,931 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default i have the iPhone 5 and im getting tired of the iOS and the device itself what should i get

I heard droid razor maxx hd was pretty good .. Camera .. Screen .. 4g .. And battery life .. Not sure bout NFC

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    iPhone Beginner

Default i have the iPhone 5 and im getting tired of the iOS and the device itself what should i get

Go to a one of the carriers, I'm sure they can give you some suggestions based on your needs.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Re: i have the iPhone 5 and im getting tired of the iOS and the device itself what should i get

Check out the Lumia 920. Easily the best phone I've ever used. WP8 is fantastic and it's probably the most technologically advanced phone there is right now. It also has the best camera out of any smartphone (excluding the pureview 808), an amazing screen (better ppi than the iphone 5), and also fits the other criteria you listed.
    baseballbert likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,004 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StevenF19 View Post
    Check out the Lumia 920. Easily the best phone I've ever used. WP8 is fantastic and it's probably the most technologically advanced phone there is right now. It also has the best camera out of any smartphone (excluding the pureview 808), an amazing screen (better ppi than the iphone 5), and also fits the other criteria you listed.
    The man speaks the truth. I've got one as well and it is pretty damn cool. If you are stuck on Verizon, the Samsung Ativ S is supposed to be the galaxy S3 running WP8 with expandable memory and removable battery.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts

You can probably wait a couple of months and maybe give the bb10 a try? Now now... Let's not start on the bashing... Just a suggestion...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (02-03-2013)
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

There's the Motorola Razr Maxx HD with a great battery, great screen, and all that... But the camera's not all that good in my opinion. Then there's the Galaxy S3 with a great camera, good battery, NFC..

If you want a Windows Phone, I definitely won't recommend the HTC 8X because of its low storage capacity and its hardware issues (discoloration).
    tgp
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,577 Global Posts

Default Re: i have the iPhone 5 and im getting tired of the iOS and the device itself what should i get

I went from Android to Windows Phone (temporarily, until my Nexus 4 arrives), and the biggest problem I have is that I feel handcuffed because of the lack of apps. With you having an iPhone, you will likely face the same thing. From my observation, long time WP users don't notice because they've never experienced the plethora of apps in the App Store or Play Store. But, anyone accustomed to one of them will definitely notice the difference.

That said, I actually prefer the Windows Phone UI. If you're not a big app guy, it will be fine for you. Do some research on the apps you use to see if they or equivalents are available in the Marketplace. My brother-in-law did that, and due to the apps he uses he stayed with iOS.
    baseballbert likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    5,627 Global Posts

I would personally suggest the Blackberry z10

-It is Brand new, not even out yet (soon)
    -No buttons on front of phone
    -has nfc
    -on Verizon
    -nice size screen (4.2 inch)
    -good camera
    -bluetooth 4.0
    -good battery (removable)
    -microkernel OS
    -Extrememly minimalist design (no manufacturer words or recycling symbols on back)

Global Posts
    11,906 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    I would personally suggest the Blackberry z10

-It is Brand new, not even out yet (soon)
    -No buttons on front of phone
    -has nfc
    -on Verizon
    -nice size screen (4.2 inch)
    -good camera
    -bluetooth 4.0
    -good battery (removable)
    -microkernel OS
    -Extrememly minimalist design (no manufacturer words or recycling symbols on back)
    Get back to us when it flies, and releases rainbow contrails...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    GingerSnapsBack and mikeo007 like this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    4,936 Global Posts

I would personally steer clear of Blackberry z10

-It is Brand new, full of bugs
    -No buttons on front of phone, just convoluted gestures
    -has nfc with zero built in functionality
    -on Verizon with no simultaneous voice and data
    -poor screen quality (yellowish hue)
    -crap camera
    -bluetooth 4.0 just like every other phone on the planet
    -crap battery life, good thing it's removable so you can carry a small army of batteries with you
    -unproven microkernel OS that lacks many of the features of modern phones
    -Extrememly stale design

Try one of the new Lumias if you want WP, I like the 920, and I've heard that Verizon will be getting a 920 esque phone.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,972 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

You guys are replying to a post that is nearly 2 months old that the OP never responded to once...most likely a waste of time (especially considering the blackberry troll was the one that brought the thread back from the dead).
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Thanked by:
    mikeo007 (02-04-2013)
    mikeo007 likes this.