Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes
    iPhone Beginner

Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

Quote Originally Posted by sj-performance View Post
    Well after using the galaxy S3 for a total of about 2 weeks I gave up. Android is nice and all but the customization got boring. I totally regretted selling my black iPhone 5 32gb that I got on launch day for this phone. Jellybean still lags. I was having a hard time getting good battery life. The typing wasn't as smooth as the iPhone. I felt everyday I was changing something and things went downhill from there. The last 3 days I had horrible battery life. When I found myself digging for apps on google play that would simplify my life the way iOS did...this is when I gave up. I sold the galaxy...I broke even actually so I didn't lose any money. I bought a new 5 16GB...this time I got it white and I'm glad I did...having the black and now the white I totally prefer white. For now I'm happy and glad to be back on iPhone 5. Today I would agree my top 3 favorite phones that ive used and liked are 1.i5 2.i4S 3.bb9930. Im not gonna lie im interested in BB10...it looks promising and I don't think RIM is dead. I'll probably get one and try it for a lil bit and then come back to my trusty iPhone LOL
    Customization boring huh lol I think having the same stale os is boring lol

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    iPhone Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by iInfinite View Post
    You really need to get over that SD card slot. Apple has never had SD card slots, but at least you get a couple options on what you need. Android will soon do away with SD cards as well. The Nexus line has already done away with them, HTC's latest Droid DNA your stuck with a measly 11-12gb after the OS, and I can bet Samsung's S4 will not have one either.

And really who gives a crap about benchmarks? Are you really that happy that a quad core phone can beat a dual core phone? Isn't sad that despite that the iOS runs way smoother that Android does(and yes I have a gnex running lattest JB also). Benchmarks are nothing but a D* measuring contest.

Yes home screens are nice, but not that does not make a phone better as not everyone needs or cares about them. I don't mind sacrificing things like widgets for a much smoother experience. I like both platforms but if anyone is being close minded here it's you.
    How because he is speakin the truth lol that's pure speculation android will never do away with SD cards because unlike apple android is about choice its high end phones with and without SD cards. The nexus line NEVER had sd cards neither do half htc phones so what its still majority out here with one and point blank its 2012 apple doesn't even have the app and smooth experience no more with 4.1 and project butter lol

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,352 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7 GM

Quote Originally Posted by mellimel2212 View Post

Take it as you want. I like both phones but in the end i preffered the iphone. Remember everyone has different opinions and needs. What seems "boring" to me in a few days of use may seem "ground breaking" to you. When I was younger I was all about customize this customize that. Now my preference is a phone that simply works out of the box. I remember my blackberry days I would customize that with themes, installed leaked OS's, hybrid OS's, in the end that was a headache. With iPhone the "stale" OS simply works as well for the millions that own an iphone today. When anyone asks me what phones they should get...i always say iPhone 5 or iPhone 4S or galaxy S3.
    My history: 8330*8330m*9650*9670*9330*iPhone4white*iPhone4Swhi te*iPhone5white*iPhone5S silver
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    674 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default iPhone 5 VS Others

I was an avid blackberry user for the longest then converted to the iPhone after some convincing. I've owned a couple androids for a very short period of time, yet enough time to develop a hate for the OS. I would go with the iPhone 5 undoubtedly, however we got the HTC 8X WP8 in stock at our store about a week ago and it's a very smooth device. I wouldn't trade my iPhone for it, but if iPhone wasn't an option I'd get that before anything else.
    The energy of the mind is the essence of life.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,191 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

How because he is speakin the truth lol that's pure speculation android will never do away with SD cards because unlike apple android is about choice its high end phones with and without SD cards. The nexus line NEVER had sd cards neither do half htc phones so what its still majority out here with one and point blank its 2012 apple doesn't even have the app and smooth experience no more with 4.1 and project butter lol

SD cards are the cassette players of the storage world...you can have 'em. People held on to 8-track players for quite a long time after they became dinosaurs, so this kind of thing doesn't surprise me. When it's one of the stand out features of your phone, you tend to think it's cool...
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    674 Global Posts
    iOS Version

If I had a dollar for every time a customer came in and said "It just happened, everything was gone off of my card and my android won't even recognize it anymore" I'd have enough to buy another iP5 lol.
    The energy of the mind is the essence of life.
    Alli likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

IOS might be stale and boring but I am now thinking of moving over to the stale that just works. I have been on Android for over 3 years now starting with my Cappy then switching over to Verizon to get the Razr and I am just tired of updates freezing my phone so bad I have to restart it 6 times before it will actually work with out problems.

I will be keeping my Android tablets because I love the fact I can add memory to them but as far as phones 16gig is fine with me
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iRy757 View Post
    If I had a dollar for every time a customer came in and said "It just happened, everything was gone off of my card and my android won't even recognize it anymore" I'd have enough to buy another iP5 lol.

All I can say on that is user error in 99.9% of those cases no matter what they say. Yes some SD cards will fail but very few do. Memory on our phones will fail as well but again not often. I've been in photography for 10 yrs and not one time has a memory card failed on me. Neither have any cards in my phones.

Sent From my Droid RAZR Max HD using Tapatalk 2
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I was a die hard Android fan...until I wasn't. And that was because no matter how hard I wished it, the experience was never smooth, without lag, or with the latest OS. And the carrier bloat ware that you can't avoid. I don't root, but I expect a good phone and good Internet experience OUT OF THE BOX. And Android NEVER fave it to me. Ever, even though I pretended it did.

The iPhone 5, and this is my first phone although I have an iPad and iPod Touch, has been absolutely brilliant in everything I have asked of it. Brilliant. And call quality is great.

The bottom line is that all the tests and specs don't matter AT ALL if the actual experience of using the phone sucks. And Android doesn't compare to Apple in performance. It just doesn't.
    nj1266 likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,191 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
    All I can say on that is user error in 99.9% of those cases no matter what they say. Yes some SD cards will fail but very few do. Memory on our phones will fail as well but again not often. I've been in photography for 10 yrs and not one time has a memory card failed on me. Neither have any cards in my phones.

So you're happy to blame the user when it comes to a situation like that, but if it were a problem with the iPhone, the blame game goes straight towards the product. Interesting!
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Alli and iRy757 like this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    So you're happy to blame the user when it comes to a situation like that, but if it were a problem with the iPhone, the blame game goes straight towards the product. Interesting!
    Show me where I blamed any product in my post I said all products have failures at some point no matter what it is. Please read closely before commenting. And for lost data on SD cards is be willing to bet 99.9% of those times its user error. And even if data got lost there are recovery softwares for free that can pull your data from them just as you can from any physical hard drive.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,191 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Show me where I blamed any product in my post I said all products have failures at some point no matter what it is. Please read closely before commenting. And for lost data on SD cards is be willing to bet 99.9% of those times its user error. And even if data got lost there are recovery softwares for free that can pull your data from them just as you can from any physical hard drive.

No reason for me to put forth effort to prove my points...your posts do it for me, and you've made a pretty clear representation of yourself in this community. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,656 Global Posts

iPhone is a simpleton smart phone. Reminds me of my old Windows 3.1 desktop.

I am way more productive with my Galaxy Note 2... plus I can kill small animals with it if I have to.

Global Posts
    20,238 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    iPhone is a simpleton smart phone. Reminds me of my old Windows 3.1 desktop.

I am way more productive with my Galaxy Note 2... plus I can kill small animals with it if I have to.
    Yeah, and it's simplicity is a primary reason for its success / popularity, in my opinion.
    bgl321 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,656 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Yeah, and it's simplicity is a primary reason for its success / popularity, in my opinion.
    My 75 yr old father has mastered the iPhone.... I suppose I will get one when I am his age.

Global Posts
    20,238 Global Posts
    iOS Version

My 75 yr old father has mastered the iPhone.... I suppose I will get one when I am his age.
    (Laughing)...I hear ya.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,352 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7 GM

This right here speaks out loud. No phone in the smart phone era has been able to accomplish this right here. These is one of the many reasons why the iPhone is so popular and people prefer it.

Sent from iPhone5 via Tapatalk
    My history: 8330*8330m*9650*9670*9330*iPhone4white*iPhone4Swhi te*iPhone5white*iPhone5S silver
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

This right here speaks out loud. No phone in the smart phone era has been able to accomplish this right here. These is one of the many reasons why the iPhone is so popular and people prefer it.

You're probably right only because is it possible most iPhone users aren't smart enough to use or figure out how to use an android phone?
    On a side note why would anyone pay good money for a phone only for the manufacturer to tell you what you can and can't do with it? That be like buying a Ferrari and the manufacturer tell you you can't use the door locks the radio and you can only go so fast in it. At least with android we can add roms we can over clock and do numerous things with our phones.
    Again though if the screen was say 4.5" and the phone was capable of talking and browsing the internet simultaneously I'd consider buying one. I'm sure I can unlock it so that's no biggie.

Sent From my Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk 2
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,352 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7 GM

You're probably right only because is it possible most iPhone users aren't smart enough to use or figure out how to use an android phone?
    On a side note why would anyone pay good money for a phone only for the manufacturer to tell you what you can and can't do with it? That be like buying a Ferrari and the manufacturer tell you you can't use the door locks the radio and you can only go so fast in it. At least with android we can add roms we can over clock and do numerous things with our phones.
    Again though if the screen was say 4.5" and the phone was capable of talking and browsing the internet simultaneously I'd consider buying one. I'm sure I can unlock it so that's no biggie.

Wow so you're practically calling iPhone users stupid. Lets not even go with all the smart people I know who carry an iPhone. The teachers,doctors,nurses,contractors,lawyers,engine ers. Yup they aren't smart at all. That's a ridiculous thing to say. I learned practically well how to use an android. It wasn't for me. Sometimes in life we want simplicity and easiness.

iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

Wow so you're practically calling iPhone users stupid. Lets not even go with all the smart people I know who carry an iPhone. The teachers,doctors,nurses,contractors,lawyers,engine ers. Yup they aren't smart at all. That's a ridiculous thing to say. I learned practically well how to use an android. It wasn't for me. Sometimes in life we want simplicity and easiness.

Here we go nope not one time did I say any of you were stupid did you not see the smiley face at end my comment I was trying make a joke. Obviously that went over ya head. Sadly you guys get way too bent outta shape gosh in the end there just phones/gadgets/toys

baseballbert likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,191 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Here we go nope not one time did I say any of you were stupid did you not see the smiley face at end my comment I was trying make a joke. Obviously that went over ya head. Sadly you guys get way too bent outta shape gosh in the end there just phones/gadgets/toys

It's cute how you make your little snide comments then when someone calls you on it, you come back and say "No, i meant this...its just a phone...", what is your purpose here? You have made the redundant point that you don't care for the iPhone, so why are you here talking about the iPhone? We get it, you don't like it, you think it needs things for it to be attractive to you...and in the end, nobody cares.

To make clear though, the iPhone can do what you keep complaining about, you just chose the wrong carrier to use (which has been a known thing for years, so why magically you just decided to talk about it with the iPhone 5 is beyond me)...and everything you speak of with the android phones is possible through jailbreaking when it comes to customizing, so again, your discussion is irrelevant.

Why not leave? Are you really that bored with your device and the communities which discuss such that you feel the need to come here and continue this useless drivel you keep spewing just to make sure everyone knows? Pitiful.
    mommybetts likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts

Had all the others before trying any iThings. Love my iPhone: I want a phone, not a project.
    katesbb likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,656 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    It's cute how you make your little snide comments then when someone calls you on it, you come back and say "No, i meant this...its just a phone...", what is your purpose here? You have made the redundant point that you don't care for the iPhone, so why are you here talking about the iPhone? We get it, you don't like it, you think it needs things for it to be attractive to you...and in the end, nobody cares.

To make clear though, the iPhone can do what you keep complaining about, you just chose the wrong carrier to use (which has been a known thing for years, so why magically you just decided to talk about it with the iPhone 5 is beyond me)...and everything you speak of with the android phones is possible through jailbreaking when it comes to customizing, so again, your discussion is irrelevant.

Why not leave? Are you really that bored with your device and the communities which discuss such that you feel the need to come here and continue this useless drivel you keep spewing just to make sure everyone knows? Pitiful.
    #1 In order to customize your android phone, it isnt necessary to root/jailbreak. There is a huge difference. So yes... the discussion is relevant.
    #2 People do care.... you dont. Good for you.

Your condescension and pontificating to people you disagree with is whats truly pitiful. Are you secretly masking an inferiority complex about your smartphone purchase? Do yourself a favor... get over it and enjoy the debate instead. If you cant, then dont participate in comparison threads.... which this one is, and many others are as well.

You will be happier... and many others will be too.
    Last edited by kilofox; 12-03-2012 at 10:57 PM.
    Thanked by:
    mellimel2212 (12-17-2012)
    baseballbert and trebor8806 like this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

You're asking people, who've overwhelmingly chosen iProducts, to provide "proof that the iPhone is better". It almost impossible to "prove" this since people make choices based on subjective opinions and you have set opinions as well.

Where there are objective advantages to the iPhone (camera), you declare that's "not important" to you. So you really don't want proof...this is just an opportunity to make yourself feel better about not wanting an iPhone...dude (non-gender specific colloquialism), just enjoy your choice and let others enjoy theirs...
    Karenkcoulter likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,788 Global Posts

For a pure communications device, WP. Hands down the market leader in email/messaging/social integration. Great for business too with the built in Office features, Sharepoint, etc. pretty good security from what I understand.

Fresh designs and camera, Lumia 920.

Entertainment device (media, music, apps) iPhone hands down.

Tech device to tinker with under the hood/customize, Android.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123