Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 75
Like Tree28Likes
  1. #26  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,014 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    Here's my thing with Blackberry 10...how much investment and development could Blackberry have really put into their new products if not even a year ago they were closing in on negotiations to switch their devices to the Android OS. This alone tells me that after the decision to back away from such a move, they simply slapped together an OS with less than a year's worth of real world development. Sure, they could have been working behind the scenes for years, but if you really put a legitimate effort into creating a major OS overhaul, would you really be looking at such a drastic move as to switching a very well known device and OS to Android?

    Something tells me that Blackberry 10 is going to be a very underwhelming "improvement", but they'll market it as groundbreaking...i mean if people thought iOS 6 was underwhelming, imagine an OS that Blackberry itself believed in so little that they actually considered replacing it with Android...lol.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  2. #27  
    sj-performance's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    451 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,349 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7 GM

    Default iPhone 5 VS Others

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Here's my thing with Blackberry 10...how much investment and development could Blackberry have really put into their new products if not even a year ago they were closing in on negotiations to switch their devices to the Android OS. This alone tells me that after the decision to back away from such a move, they simply slapped together an OS with less than a year's worth of real world development. Sure, they could have been working behind the scenes for years, but if you really put a legitimate effort into creating a major OS overhaul, would you really be looking at such a drastic move as to switching a very well known device and OS to Android?

    Something tells me that Blackberry 10 is going to be a very underwhelming "improvement", but they'll market it as groundbreaking...i mean if people thought iOS 6 was underwhelming, imagine an OS that Blackberry itself believed in so little that they actually considered replacing it with Android...lol.
    I agree with you. I remember buying the blackberry play book. Man was I disappointed with that. With the playbook I was never too satisfied with the fact it was able to run android apps via side load method. I did that many times and the overall experience wasn't good. Whatever happened to that? LOL
    My history: 8330*8330m*9650*9670*9330*iPhone4white*iPhone4Swhi te*iPhone5white*iPhone5S silver
  3. #28  
    katesbb's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    Quote Originally Posted by sj-performance View Post
    I agree with you. I remember buying the blackberry play book...
    And the Playbook's OS is built on QNX, as is BB10, so maybe the new devices aren't as "rushed" as they seem at first.

    People considered IOS6 underwhelming because it merely improved the existing OS. But BB10 has nothing to do with the BBOS BlackBerries in use now, it's a fresh start with a new OS, and new hardware (no more trackpad, no more physical phone keys, etc.). Consumers may still reject it, but I have to give RIM credit for doing something so bold and bascally starting over.
  4. #29  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,014 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    Quote Originally Posted by katesbb View Post
    And the Playbook's OS is built on QNX, as is BB10, so maybe the new devices aren't as "rushed" as they seem at first.

    People considered IOS6 underwhelming because it merely improved the existing OS. But BB10 has nothing to do with the BBOS BlackBerries in use now, it's a fresh start with a new OS, and new hardware (no more trackpad, no more physical phone keys, etc.). Consumers may still reject it, but I have to give RIM credit for doing something so bold and bascally starting over.
    The devices very well might not be rushed, but i just can't get over the fact that in a time where heavy end development would be going on, they'd be looking at Android to replace it. Doesn't speak well for what they have coming in my opinion.

    Apple improved what most consider the most stable and cleanest OS...they obviously weren't going to overhaul an operating system that most people preferred as it sat, and to be honest, polishing an already brightly shining diamond is no easy task, yet they figure out how to do it every year.

    As far as giving BB credit, i disagree...they had an OS that was becoming so unattractive to people that RIM was nearing it's end (and was well beyond it's obsolete point for consumers anyways), so they are desperate to get back into the cell phone market, and they really can't do that without an overhaul...it's not like they are coming off a really amazing product and just further improving it, they're coming off the end of one era, and ATTEMPTING to enter a new era. I hope they are successful, because competition is always a good thing in the consumer electronic world...but giving them credit for a hail mary...eh, i personally just can't do it.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  5. #30  
    jphillips1963's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    You iPhone owners haven't really given much reason to why its so superior. You just say oh its apple and its "The IPhone" like there are no other phones. The thing is I looked hard at the iPhone 5 and in all honestly holding it felt like I was holding a toy or a Samsung product. The new casing feels really cheap and its very fragile. You claim your screen is better well you're again wrong or just haven't looked at the newest round of android phones. HTC just released a new phone with a true 1080p screen. Also can you guys put a sdhc card in your phone to add more memory or can you move files around anywhere you wish? I can sit here and name many more reasons android is better and can only think of one the iPhone is better over and that's your app transfer from phone to tablet that they fit from one to the other. Yes I have the new ipad so I'm not anti apple.
    The thing is android has caught up to apple in hardware and software and is now as superior to apple than a few yrs ago. My android phones work and I haven't had issues with any of the last two I've purchased so it shows they are doing a lot better. But to say yours has better screen better call reception and better build is just as closed minded as your iOS system. Yes we get new phones more often which is nice it shows we are progressing and getting better. Go to benchmarks now and see what phones out benchmark the iPhones of today. You guys are no longer on top. You've peaked and soon will be falling way behind just as BB did.
    To sum it up in my opinion the iPhone is an iPod with a built in radio to make phone calls. Again I'm not anti apple I'm anti closed minded though. Now as I close my conversation here on my android phone over voice and data on verizon network let's see the iPhone do both on the same network.
    Best regards


    Sent From my Droid RAZR Max HD using Tapatalk 2
  6. #31  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,014 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    Quote Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
    You iPhone owners haven't really given much reason to why its so superior. You just say oh its apple and its "The IPhone" like there are no other phones. The thing is I looked hard at the iPhone 5 and in all honestly holding it felt like I was holding a toy or a Samsung product. The new casing feels really cheap and its very fragile. You claim your screen is better well you're again wrong or just haven't looked at the newest round of android phones. HTC just released a new phone with a true 1080p screen. Also can you guys put a sdhc card in your phone to add more memory or can you move files around anywhere you wish? I can sit here and name many more reasons android is better and can only think of one the iPhone is better over and that's your app transfer from phone to tablet that they fit from one to the other. Yes I have the new ipad so I'm not anti apple.
    The thing is android has caught up to apple in hardware and software and is now as superior to apple than a few yrs ago. My android phones work and I haven't had issues with any of the last two I've purchased so it shows they are doing a lot better. But to say yours has better screen better call reception and better build is just as closed minded as your iOS system. Yes we get new phones more often which is nice it shows we are progressing and getting better. Go to benchmarks now and see what phones out benchmark the iPhones of today. You guys are no longer on top. You've peaked and soon will be falling way behind just as BB did.
    To sum it up in my opinion the iPhone is an iPod with a built in radio to make phone calls. Again I'm not anti apple I'm anti closed minded though. Now as I close my conversation here on my android phone over voice and data on verizon network let's see the iPhone do both on the same network.
    Best regards


    Sent From my Droid RAZR Max HD using Tapatalk 2
    *yawn*

    blah blah blah...your opinion is wrong...blah blah blah...troll comment #2,452...blah blah blah...Apple is going to fail.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    mommybetts likes this.
  7. #32  
    jphillips1963's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    No one said they were gonna fail but unless they do something creative over what they have done thy will fall way behind.

    Sent From my Droid RAZR Max HD using Tapatalk 2
  8. #33  
    sj-performance's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    451 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,349 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7 GM

    Default iPhone 5 VS Others

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    *yawn*

    blah blah blah...your opinion is wrong...blah blah blah...troll comment #2,452...blah blah blah...Apple is going to fail.
    LOL I thought he said he wasn't anti apple? This has apple hater troll written all over it.
    My history: 8330*8330m*9650*9670*9330*iPhone4white*iPhone4Swhi te*iPhone5white*iPhone5S silver
    mommybetts likes this.
  9. #34  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,014 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    Quote Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
    No one said they were gonna fail but unless they do something creative over what they have done thy will fall way behind.

    Sent From my Droid RAZR Max HD using Tapatalk 2
    What they've done has broken sales records every time a new product is released, has maintained top consumer satisfaction ratings and has continued to be the most preferred OS on the market. The numbers are out there...but they are easily ignored by people like you, who like to think that quantity of handsets some how equals quality of handsets...the first (and only) time any of the competitive Android handsets took the "top" position was just before the iPhone 5 was going to be released, the Galaxy S III took the top spot for, oh about 2 weeks or so, and then it was pushed back again when the iPhone 5 was released.

    Face it, so far, nothing featuring the Android OS has found the success that the iPhone has in the time that it has and with the frequency that it has...SG III is/was a valiant effort, but nothing they have released has found the consumer satisfaction that iOS and the iPhone have. I personally think the SGIII is a fine phone, as well as a handful of other Android and Windows 8 devices on the market, that said, my preference remains with the iPhone for stability and ease of use, quality and design, front running performance and features and the dozens of other reasons we've covered a million times over since September when the iPhone, which is why in this thread, you see generic responses from people...when you've gone over the same subject that many times in mirror like fashion, there's simply no reason to elaborate (which is why it was suggested to search the forum).

    I've already wasted so much time here though explaining this to you...i await your witty (if not redundant) response.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  10. #35  
    jphillips1963's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    Quote Originally Posted by sj-performance View Post
    LOL I thought he said he wasn't anti apple? This has apple hater troll written all over it.
    If I were anti apple I wouldn't own the iPad that's the one product apple exceeds over android but to say your phone is the best over android is pure closed minded.

    Again show proof with stats the iPhone is better than android. I'd really love to see you install an SD card in your phone. I'd love to see your phone out bench the androids on any benchmark I'd love to see your phone allow me to talk and browse the internet at same time as my android will do on verizon. Can you you change actual home screens? That one I don't know, but I'm asking for proof with real results shown where the iPhone trumps android. Again I considered the phone until one biggie was I couldn't talk on the phone and get on the internet at same time.

    Sent From my Droid RAZR Max HD using Tapatalk 2
  11. #36  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,014 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    You're a hungry troll huh?
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  12. #37  
    jphillips1963's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    You're a hungry troll huh?
    Once again all asked was shown proof but what is it you guys or gals provide frivolous words such as yawn, troll etc.....

    Why is it when a person express there opinion on there own observations no matter what forum it is am imore or android central there called names and talked down to? Its apparent those whom try to discredit with name calling really aren't mature enough to know anything more than resort to name calling.
    Again I ask show me real results what the iPhone can or do better over the latest android phones. Yes you do have a few nicer apps that are productive I admit but beyond that show something worthy to brag about.


    Sent From my Droid RAZR Max HD using Tapatalk 2
  13. #38  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,014 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    I assume you know how to use google right? Or any other search engine you think is best (and therefore we should all think is best...right?)

    Here's what a 2sec. google searched found just because i literally have no desire to feed you at all...

    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  14. #39  
    finn5975's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    813 Posts
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    Quote Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
    Once again all asked was shown proof but what is it you guys or gals provide frivolous words such as yawn, troll etc.....

    Why is it when a person express there opinion on there own observations no matter what forum it is am imore or android central there called names and talked down to? Its apparent those whom try to discredit with name calling really aren't mature enough to know anything more than resort to name calling.
    Again I ask show me real results what the iPhone can or do better over the latest android phones. Yes you do have a few nicer apps that are productive I admit but beyond that show something worthy to brag about.


    Sent From my Droid RAZR Max HD using Tapatalk 2
    I will give you several examples of why I always come back to the iphone no matter when I foolishly stray. You can choose to take from my examples what you will. I am not going to post you links to articles and bloggers stating facts because honestly, I don't give half a crap what some guy from phonedog or some girl from CNET thinks. I care about my own, personal, view. So here ya go.

    1. I have not found one android phone to have better battery life short of the Maxx, without having to tote around a spare battery. If I have to carry an extra battery, that means I have sh@tty battery life on my phone to begin with.

    2. I have not found one android phone that has a better camera than my iphone 5. That includes the S3, the One X, or any other android you toss at it. This one can easily be backed up by doing a google search if interested.

    3. I have not found one android phone that takes better video than my iphone 5. I tried the Galaxy S3 at a concert and everything I recorded was a waste. Its noise filtration system completely failed.

    4. In my experience if a quality app is on android, it will be on IOS as well. I have, however, many times not been able to find an app that is on IOS to also be on Android. Sure Android has caught up in terms of number of apps. But numbers alone mean nothing when android will allow every and any app to hit its stores.

    5. I have yet to find one Android phone that doesn't possess a degree of lag, forced closed apps, etc compared to the fluid experience on the iphone 5.

    6. I have not found the one-handed ease of use the iphone allows on any of the recently released 'higher quality' android phones.

    7. Apps such as Facebook, Spotify, TheCHive, ScoreMobile, etc that I use often are such a better quality on IOS than on Android. Night and day.

    8. In one touch of a button I can backup my entire phone without the need to jailbreak, or in your world, root. But on android I need to go through various steps to backup pics, texts, system files, etc.

    9. While they supposedly exist overseas, I have not seen one Android phone with 64gb internal storage like the iphone 5. And given my poor luck in the past with SD cards, I will take internal storage every single time.

    You see, these are real-world examples of why I find the iphone to be a better phone. Sure, I cannot put a 'live wallpaper' on my iphone. But I can sure live without it. Heck, I couldnt put it on my S3 cause I was constantly looking for ways to save the darn battery life. I cannot change my keyboard or my text interface. But thats fine cause when I was on android, I would have killed to have the iphone's versions for simplicity and exectution. What I cannot deal with regarding my daily driver of a phone is a weaker camera, dim and cartoonish amoled screen, **** poor battery, cheap apps, lag, and marking days off my calender waiting for the month that Verizon, AT&T, Google, or whomever to decide my phone is now 'worthy' of the latest software that my buddy has had for 6 months because he chose a different android.

    If those things make Android a superior experience for you, then have at it buddy. It certainly isn't mine, or anyone else's place to decide that for you. Cheers.
    Thanked by:
    sj-performance (11-29-2012)
  15. #40  
    j_benj's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1

    Default iPhone 5 VS Others

    In a nutshell I'm an iPhone 5 user because it does everything I need it to do (and more) with the added benefits of the highest quality hardware and support in the industry. If anything goes wrong with it, I walk into an apple store and walk out with a new one immediately. No messing with carrier stores, mailing devices away or shifty insurance plans. It's friggin simple.
    Current Apple Devices : MacBook Pro 13" (i7-2012) | iPhone 5S White 32gb (VZ) | iPad Air 128gb White (VZ) | iPad mini 64gb White WiFi | iPod Classic 160gb | Apple TV | Mac mini (2011)
    Thanked by:
    sj-performance (11-29-2012)
    sj-performance likes this.
  16. #41  
    Beyond Fire's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    801 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,143 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    Quote Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
    If I were anti apple I wouldn't own the iPad that's the one product apple exceeds over android but to say your phone is the best over android is pure closed minded.

    Again show proof with stats the iPhone is better than android. I'd really love to see you install an SD card in your phone. I'd love to see your phone out bench the androids on any benchmark I'd love to see your phone allow me to talk and browse the internet at same time as my android will do on verizon. Can you you change actual home screens? That one I don't know, but I'm asking for proof with real results shown where the iPhone trumps android. Again I considered the phone until one biggie was I couldn't talk on the phone and get on the internet at same time.

    Sent From my Droid RAZR Max HD using Tapatalk 2
    You really need to get over that SD card slot. Apple has never had SD card slots, but at least you get a couple options on what you need. Android will soon do away with SD cards as well. The Nexus line has already done away with them, HTC's latest Droid DNA your stuck with a measly 11-12gb after the OS, and I can bet Samsung's S4 will not have one either.

    And really who gives a crap about benchmarks? Are you really that happy that a quad core phone can beat a dual core phone? Isn't sad that despite that the iOS runs way smoother that Android does(and yes I have a gnex running lattest JB also). Benchmarks are nothing but a D* measuring contest.

    Yes home screens are nice, but not that does not make a phone better as not everyone needs or cares about them. I don't mind sacrificing things like widgets for a much smoother experience. I like both platforms but if anyone is being close minded here it's you.
    finn5975 likes this.
  17. #42  
    jphillips1963's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    Quote Originally Posted by finn5975 View Post
    I will give you several examples of why I always come back to the iphone no matter when I foolishly stray. You can choose to take from my examples what you will. I am not going to post you links to articles and bloggers stating facts because honestly, I don't give half a crap what some guy from phonedog or some girl from CNET thinks. I care about my own, personal, view. So here ya go.

    1. I have not found one android phone to have better battery life short of the Maxx, without having to tote around a spare battery. If I have to carry an extra battery, that means I have sh@tty battery life on my phone to begin with.

    2. I have not found one android phone that has a better camera than my iphone 5. That includes the S3, the One X, or any other android you toss at it. This one can easily be backed up by doing a google search if interested.

    3. I have not found one android phone that takes better video than my iphone 5. I tried the Galaxy S3 at a concert and everything I recorded was a waste. Its noise filtration system completely failed.

    4. In my experience if a quality app is on android, it will be on IOS as well. I have, however, many times not been able to find an app that is on IOS to also be on Android. Sure Android has caught up in terms of number of apps. But numbers alone mean nothing when android will allow every and any app to hit its stores.

    5. I have yet to find one Android phone that doesn't possess a degree of lag, forced closed apps, etc compared to the fluid experience on the iphone 5.

    6. I have not found the one-handed ease of use the iphone allows on any of the recently released 'higher quality' android phones.

    7. Apps such as Facebook, Spotify, TheCHive, ScoreMobile, etc that I use often are such a better quality on IOS than on Android. Night and day.

    8. In one touch of a button I can backup my entire phone without the need to jailbreak, or in your world, root. But on android I need to go through various steps to backup pics, texts, system files, etc.

    9. While they supposedly exist overseas, I have not seen one Android phone with 64gb internal storage like the iphone 5. And given my poor luck in the past with SD cards, I will take internal storage every single time.

    You see, these are real-world examples of why I find the iphone to be a better phone. Sure, I cannot put a 'live wallpaper' on my iphone. But I can sure live without it. Heck, I couldnt put it on my S3 cause I was constantly looking for ways to save the darn battery life. I cannot change my keyboard or my text interface. But thats fine cause when I was on android, I would have killed to have the iphone's versions for simplicity and exectution. What I cannot deal with regarding my daily driver of a phone is a weaker camera, dim and cartoonish amoled screen, **** poor battery, cheap apps, lag, and marking days off my calender waiting for the month that Verizon, AT&T, Google, or whomever to decide my phone is now 'worthy' of the latest software that my buddy has had for 6 months because he chose a different android.

    If those things make Android a superior experience for you, then have at it buddy. It certainly isn't mine, or anyone else's place to decide that for you. Cheers.

    Ok you have some valid points, I will try too address each without sounding like I'm a troll. I come here to learn more about apple products this is why I ask for real proof.

    1: battery life, I doubt any phone on the market can hold up to my use on a daily basis as I'm constantly on my phone whether it be on the Internet texting or talking I'm always charging my phone. I just came from the HTC Rezound and I had the extended battery in that phone and daily I charged it twice. I currently own the new Motorola razr max HD and this is my first full day of using the phone I took it off charge t 11:45 my time with 6 hrs and 45 mins use its now down to 54% on the battery. I have my iPad tethered to it so I'm sure I'm not helping it any but that's my normal daily usage.

    2: the one thing I can compliment my Rezound for is great picture quality from a cell phone. Being a photographer I know what a quality picture is about. Now didn't the iphone have or has issues with purple flares? I seem to have read and seen this shortly after release. For me a camera isn't important enough to choose a phone over as I currently own very high end camera gear I use for photography. However I do want a decent photo from my cell.

    3: I've never used my cell for videos so that is mute to me but for some it may not be so not much to comment on.

    4: I agree apps from Apple are well polished and yes you can find the same apps on both formats. I've yet to load an app that's created any crashes or gave me issues. Again I only load what's productive to my needs and leave the other crap alone.

    5: in the beginning I did find lag in android devices but as hardware and software has evolved those issues re her to none existent on what I own. Again I just purchased the razr maxx so that's still up in the air. But my Rezound I never once did a factory reset or called customer support with an issue. It's been the best phone I've ever owned honestly.

    6: I myself like the bigger phones over the tiny ones I do think they are going overboard now such as the note 2 and new DNA from HTC the new razr maxx is as big as I'd ever want. I held the iPhone 5 played with it and it just didn't seem proportioned well enough, hence it could been a bit wider not much but some. It really felt cheap in my hand over the previous models. I look at it like this on screens why would I buy a 60" HDTV only to go to the bedroom and watch a 32" TV set? Same way I felt stepping down on screen size. Again as much as I use mine for Internet browsing its less strain on my eyes looking at the larger screens.

    7: the only app I use that you mentioned is Facebook and based on comparing it say to my new iPad and my android both appear to be equaled, Facebook did have some issues a while back on android devices but a few updates did fix those. It had nothing to do with the phones though it was on there end. So in most cases again issues like that are from the sources not the devices.

    8: I'm sorry but I to can do a single touch on my phone and its totally backed up as well this procedure has come a long ways from the beginning. So check out new sources with androids and see for yourself how simple they have begun.

    9: removable storage is not dead and won't be in cell phone for androids for some time. I agree there's nothing like internal storage but also there's nothing like sticking in an ad card doing a complete backup and removing it and installing it into another device. Also we have capability to use flash drives as well on our devices something apple won't allow. So what happens say you use up all your internal storage, what will you do? With us we just swap out our cards and keep on going. Oh if you say ok back it up to cloud ok we can back up to Dropbox or any other service as well. So again android prevails over this memory issue.

    You brought up valid points but again none other than possibly camera and apps really outweigh or makes the iPhone the best over android both have there strong points and both have there weaknesses. As for updates as many Devs the android market has getting the update is as simple as flashing the Apk onto the device and its there. Who do you think does all the update work for these phones anyways? Those Devs do over on XDA forums they send them into the manufactures and they then test them from there and push them out of course after Verizon AT&T and the likes run them first and put there tweaks in. So updates now days are a non issue. Benchmarks are and do serve a purpose and they are there to help improve our devices and help us make them run smoother and perform top notch no differently than a computer or dynos for our race cars. We can go on forever why a product is better over another what it boils down to is preference. Android has caught up with apple and the hardware has honestly surpassed apple once google gets the OS tweaked a bit more then I'd say overall android will soon be the best device in all areas.
    I've read here for some time and I've read android forums to and I will say I've seen more folks come from apple to android over android users going to apple. So as apple only updates once a year and if that's even called an update with the minicual changes they make and you guys fall all over it I'd say I'd much rather be in the Eco system where we continually get improvements. One thing I will say Apple sure does well at marketing but what's really funny you don't read about or hear about are those numbers apple says they sell the numbers that get returned. There was a publishing out not long ago that showed these numbers and its unreal of the percentage of apple devices that got returned. I'll try and dig it up and post it here.

    Thanks for your input and I hope I didn't come off as the bad guy I'm really practical and realistic and yes even the fan droid guys get to me thinking the android devices are "The Device" you'll always have the hard cores no matter what. I'm Dodge all the way
    Thanked by:
    mellimel2212 (11-30-2012)
    finn5975 likes this.
  18. #43  
    Sniper1087's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    Aside from all the comments that are getting hostile I came here to help make a decision, I have used a Samsung Galaxy S3 and Switched to an iPhone 5 and then I read so much about it and sold it and got the Nokia Lumia 920. Now the big problem with the nokia lumia 920 is the app support which is the same with any other Windows Phone 8

    some apps like Instagram are not available, or they are just not good to use like the eBay app, which is beyond terrible. Don't get me wrong I did not come to rant the camera is a strong point on it, it can take great shots without the flash, the only problem is if people move it will come blurry because it opens the lens longer to capture enough light, and yes when the pictures gets taken at night it looks amazing.

    I am still thinking what to do I feel I need better working apps, using the browser doesnt always work and the voice calling is annoying sometimes it cannot get the right names or just wont recognize the names, the navigation on the other part was good, actually great compared to apple maps, but I already had tomtom purchased before apple maps anyhow so that wouldnt be a problem. People will mention wireless charging and I would say that is just a gimmick not needed at all, it wouldnt take me more than a couple of seconds to plug it in, which the wireless charging hasnt arrived so I would sell it with it.

    Any opinions on what should I do:

    What I am looking for is:

    App support
    Timely updates
    Integration
    fluidity
    Great display
    Good Camera

    thanks for all the answers I love this community
  19. #44  
    Beyond Fire's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    801 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,143 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper1087 View Post

    Any opinions on what should I do:

    What I am looking for is:

    App support
    Timely updates
    Integration
    fluidity
    Great display
    Good Camera

    thanks for all the answers I love this community
    App support - Apple, android is getting there slowly and surely but as of right now Apple wins in that regard.
    Timely updates - Unless you are on a Nexus device, Apple easily takes this one
    Integration - Well if you own a lot of different Apple products, then iOS. If you're heavily invested into google applications then Android.
    Fluidity - Tough one, iOS is smooth as butter and I've yet to have any hiccups. Each iteration of Android is getting better and more smooth but lag is still there. so it's your call.
    Great Display - Personal preference really. iPhone 5 has an amazing screen, but so do other Android phones.
    Camera - Never cared much for cell phone camera's, the iPhone 5 is more then enough for me. Your call
    Thanked by:
    Sniper1087 (11-29-2012)
  20. #45  
    nj1266's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    Quote Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
    Go to benchmarks now and see what phones out benchmark the iPhones of today. You guys are no longer on top.
    That flat out does NOT match hard data from unbiased reviews by anadtech. Anantech gives you hard data that shows that the iphone has the fastest processer and the fastest web browsing experience in the US market

    Performance of the CPU


    Performance of the GPU


    Battery Life. Only phone with better life is the RAZR MAXX with a 3000 mah battery


    Display. iPhone 5 wins in most categories


    Display comparison between the two most popular phones: iphone 5 and GS3. The 5 wins.


    What you said is not supported by data. It is your opinion and you are entitled to it, but it is not reflected in the data.

    Anandtech does not have tests for the DNA yet, but once they do their testing we will see how well the latest and greatest Android phone does with these objective tests.
    jphillips1963 likes this.
  21. #46  
    jphillips1963's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    Quote Originally Posted by nj1266 View Post
    That flat out does NOT match hard data from unbiased reviews by anadtech. Anantech gives you hard data that shows that the iphone has the fastest processer and the fastest web browsing experience in the US market

    Performance of the CPU


    Performance of the GPU


    Battery Life. Only phone with better life is the RAZR MAXX with a 3000 mah battery


    Display. iPhone 5 wins in most categories


    Display comparison between the two most popular phones: iphone 5 and GS3. The 5 wins.


    What you said is not supported by data. It is your opinion and you are entitled to it, but it is not reflected in the data.

    Anandtech does not have tests for the DNA yet, but once they do their testing we will see how well the latest and greatest Android phone does with these objective tests.
    Anandtech is a great site and they do show hard core numbers but as you've said they don't have the numbers in for the DNA or the new Nexus 4 but on other hand I had seen quadrant scores where the HTC one x+ out scored the iPhone 5 on there tests and now the note 2 is out so like I said android soon will out score and perform the iPhone in the very near future.
    Oh shouldn't that IPhone have Samsung some where in the name since they are using there screens there batteries?


    Sent From my Droid RAZR Max HD using Tapatalk 2
  22. #47  
    jphillips1963's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    Quote Originally Posted by iInfinite View Post
    App support - Apple, android is getting there slowly and surely but as of right now Apple wins in that regard.
    Timely updates - Unless you are on a Nexus device, Apple easily takes this one
    Integration - Well if you own a lot of different Apple products, then iOS. If you're heavily invested into google applications then Android.
    Fluidity - Tough one, iOS is smooth as butter and I've yet to have any hiccups. Each iteration of Android is getting better and more smooth but lag is still there. so it's your call.
    Great Display - Personal preference really. iPhone 5 has an amazing screen, but so do other Android phones.
    Camera - Never cared much for cell phone camera's, the iPhone 5 is more then enough for me. Your call

    Very well said and put.


    Sent From my Droid RAZR Max HD using Tapatalk 2
  23. #48  
    Sniper1087's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    I did not know Quadrant was available on the iPhone when I owned it I did not see it so I don't see how it out scored the iPhone 5.
  24. #49  
    nj1266's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    Quote Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
    Anandtech is a great site and they do show hard core numbers but as you've said they don't have the numbers in for the DNA or the new Nexus 4 but on other hand I had seen quadrant scores where the HTC one x+ out scored the iPhone 5 on there tests and now the note 2 is out so like I said android soon will out score and perform the iPhone in the very near future.
    Oh shouldn't that IPhone have Samsung some where in the name since they are using there screens there batteries?
    Anandtech tested the Nexus 4 and it did not do well against the iphone 5. Also, there are no quadrant scores for the iphone. Here are the result for the Nexus 4 against the iphone 5. Sorry, the Nexus did not do too well:

    Battery life. The Nexus 4 does poorly and it does not even have LTE


    Performance, webbrowsing, CPU, GPU. Poorer than the iphone in almost all categories


    Display: Better than the iphone in 2 out of 3 categories:


    For me, the problem with the Nexus 4 is the lack of 4g LTE and that is HUGE mistake for the US market. I recall when the 4S came out and it did not have 4G LTE and was all glass; the Android enthusiasts were making fun of the lack of that feature on Apple's signature phone and the fragility of the phone. Google now does the same thing and people believe that the phone is a great design and has great features.
  25. #50  
    cardfan's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,941 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,565 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 5 VS Others

    Quote Originally Posted by nj1266 View Post
    For me, the problem with the Nexus 4 is the lack of 4g LTE and that is HUGE mistake for the US market. I recall when the 4S came out and it did not have 4G LTE and was all glass; the Android enthusiasts were making fun of the lack of that feature on Apple's signature phone and the fragility of the phone. Google now does the same thing and people believe that the phone is a great design and has great features.
    To be fair though, the Nexus is basically a phone aimed at devs. This is a phone put out by google as a means to deliver the latest version of Android. It's break even for google on sales or a loss. Why would they be concerned with sales then? It's just so happens a lot of regular users want such a phone. A 299 dollar phone vs a 649 dollar iphone.

    But that does get into the heart of why an iphone is typically better for your average end user. Apple depends on iphones & ipads for its bottom line. Everything they do is centered around delivering the best experience they can for end users. Google? Not so much. Besides selling the Nexus at no profit, they merely make android. Their primary business is ads and search.

    With Apple, the hardware and software is fully controlled by them. They don't take someone else's OS and see how it looks on a 5" screen after adding on some of their own custom bloatware. But at the end of the day all your average (dumb) phone buyer sees is a bigger screen and it's cheap. Oh and it also has apps like angry birds? Sold..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone camera vs other phone cameras
    By iEd in forum Photography and Videography
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-14-2013, 11:12 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 01:54 AM
  3. iPhone vs Touch vs N95 USABILITY Study
    By bubbatex in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 10:40 AM
  4. Iphone vs Treo in the press
    By blocktek in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 07:25 AM
  5. How will the Iphone influence other OEM's
    By surur in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-15-2007, 02:35 PM

Posting Permissions