Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By roll-tide
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Exclamation Android That Never Glitches?

Question to all hardcore android fans.
    Yes I know I should do this in android central but I'm just too lazy to create an account over there.
    So here's my question.

Is there truly an Android phone that will Never EVER glitch. Or lag. or w/e

All these talks about android > apple
    I'm currently using an android since I have to sell my 4S to get the best value for my update. And damn son. It glitches. It lags. I can't stand it!
    iPhone Newbie

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S3 and have used the Galaxy Nexus as well as the S2. Well, I gotta say, the chances of having lesser lags is to go with the vanilla Android phones like the Galaxy Nexus. But still, it lags, just not that often.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Sighs. Even the Best Android phone can't be perfect. Oh well. I shall see again 2 years down the road then.
    Hopefully Google starts using Motorola efficiently
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    5,545 Global Posts

I have noticed more and more that one person's lag is another person's perfect experience. Even with an iphone 4, I've seen some that think it works great. On the other hand, I thought the iphone 4 was too slow. Up to 5 seconds to open simple apps like SMS.

So when I hear glowing reviews about something, I never know what the reviewer's perspective is. I heard nothing but good things about the Kindle Fire demos. On paper, they sound great. Nice specs. Cheap prices. But then I saw a video of a Fire HD in use...lag, glitchy, stuttering, etc.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I have noticed more and more that one person's lag is another person's perfect experience. Even with an iphone 4, I've seen some that think it works great. On the other hand, I thought the iphone 4 was too slow. Up to 5 seconds to open simple apps like SMS.

So when I hear glowing reviews about something, I never know what the reviewer's perspective is. I heard nothing but good things about the Kindle Fire demos. On paper, they sound great. Nice specs. Cheap prices. But then I saw a video of a Fire HD in use...lag, glitchy, stuttering, etc.
    Yeah I agree with you. the android users may have completely different perspective with what perfection is from us.
    Their glitches may be known as something "unique" only to androids and they don't mind it at all.
    Their occasional laggy will be noticed as something passable and a norm.
    For someone seeking an alternative from apple may pass these off as imperfect and rubbish or incomprehensible considering that we are spending the same price for something that isn't perfect. That's just bs.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

You won't find a phone that "never" glitches at some point in its life... Yes even an iphone will hiccup at some point. Every user's experience is different of course... As for me, the iPhone 4S and my Galaxy S3 have been equally "glitchless" in my experience.
    sent using my Galaxy S3
    Tatperson likes this.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Roll-Tide View Post
    You won't find a phone that "never" glitches at some point in its life... Yes even an iphone will hiccup at some point. Every user's experience is different of course... As for me, the iPhone 4S and my Galaxy S3 have been equally "glitchless" in my experience.
    sent using my Galaxy S3
    Cool story. My iPhone 4S never glitched ^^
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GreatNeal View Post
    Cool story. My iPhone 4S never glitched ^^
    As I said, mine either.... Is there a problem? My point was, give it time and I'm sure something will happen...

sent using my Galaxy S3
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

Which android phone are you using?

sent using my Galaxy S3
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I gave it a year's worth of time. And not once had it failed me.

I'm currently using samsung galaxy ace. Now don't get started on of course it will lag because it's a lousy phone.
    I'm not saying about my phone. I will never spend so much on android.
    I have tried the top tier's of Android. Eg. Samsung galaxy 2, 3. HTC One X. and they all glitched.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

Define glitch.... The most "glitching" I've experienced on either the 4S or the S3 is certain apps not responding or force closing. I don't necessarily count that, as it's more a problem with the app usually than the phone itself.

sent using my Galaxy S3
    iPhone Nanite

Galaxy Nexus with Jellybean, never a glitch and awesome.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Android That Never Glitches?

Quote Originally Posted by jsmooth88 View Post
    Galaxy Nexus with Jellybean, never a glitch and awesome.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...barrassed.html

Sure. 3 secs is nothing. Sure~ ^^
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

So you're comparing this guy's phone that he says has been glitch free and awesome to someone else's phone running a non-stock rom which everyone knows automatically carries the inherent risk of having bugs? Sure, that makes sense....

Same principal as MY gs3 has been glitch free for me.... But yeah there ARE other gs3's out there with problems. Just like one iphone may be perfect while another may suck down battery too quick or have apps that stop responding.
    You may as well stop trying to stir the ...

sent using my Galaxy S3
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

Taken from a thread complaining about a purple haze in the camera on MANY of those "glitch free" iphones you love.....

Quote Originally Posted by Macleod644 View Post
    My iPhone 5 has been lagging- yes just like how old android devices did, except worse to the point where it won't even register when I repeatedly type a letter on the keyboard nothing happens, its like I'm not even touching it. That's the big one I've noticed so far at least, the iPhone 5 touchscreen is a lot less sensitive than my 4S screen. And u would think it would be better with In cell display. Kind of disappointed with this phone I hate to say it. The half baked features are getting to me and I love Apple usually, I was very excited to get this phone. The maps suck but we all know that. I got rid of a Galaxy S3 for this thank god I have 30 days to exchange it if need be I'm gonna try and work it out though because I do like other aspects of this phone a lot

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    So... You were saying?

sent using my Galaxy S3
    iPhone Beginner

Sighs. Even the Best Android phone can't be perfect. Oh well. I shall see again 2 years down the road then.<br />
    Hopefully Google starts using Motorola efficiently
    Haha I've seen plenty iphones that lagged and I can personally say that with jellybean I can't even get my epic to crash lol

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    7,444 Global Posts

Default Android That Never Glitches?

Probably the nexus phones, like the nexus 4.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

I'm using the Sony Xperia TL a.k.a. the "Bond Phone" as my work phone and I haven't had any issues to speak of so far. The camera is amazing and the keyboard is very nice. The whole device is really quick and light.
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...DSC0257222.jpg
    My first pride and joy: 2008 Mazda3 S Touring
    Second: iPhone!
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Even i have used all the great andriod phones like note 2,htc one x,s3,nexus...and using iphone5 and ipad now...i must say ios is much smooth then jb...i was wondering, even if you check all those benchmarks, how come iphone 5 dual core and 1gb ram is so close in turms of performance with that of the quad cores and 2 gb ram... Apps works better on iphone and even the games are lot better on iphone or ipad...
    I was using quad core andriod for a while...but when i switched to dual core andriod...there was hell lot of difference...and i was feeling like i am using some old nokia symbian phone...lolz...but iphone 5 got dual core...and works better then quad cores...it amazes me...
    On andriod we have to close certain apps and clear caches to make it work like a butter but even now and then there is something which doesnt feel perfect...
    While on iphone...it feels awsome to use it anyhow anytime...
    Though i still love my htc one x lolz( for sense and best screen, but on android you feel outdated just in 2 months, theres a new phone after every month,i awlays wonder...when i was thinking about htc or sammy...if theres some battery problem on their flagship...they will release a new phone with bigger battery...if screen problem, will release a phone with better screen, connection problem, a new phone, low on ram, a new phone,no sd card,a new phone...i think they just need some problems to release a new phone...which really is frustating and they dont they make a phone which can go a whole year just like iphone...
    If u buy hyc one x today...next morning u wake up and there is one x +
    If s3...s4 is coming soon...
    iPhone Beginner

All your opinions was just that OPINIONS. My sgs2 can out perform my lil bro ip5 in most things. Basically the only thing he got over me is lte and that's only because I haven't gotten the sgs3 yet and besides the most I seen my bro get in speed is 7mb I've gotten 10mb before so its whatever haha plus I'm running jb which I experience 0 lag

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    iPhone Beginner

Plus on your last point that's no difference the the crowds that gather EVERY year for the same product reorganized a lil bit while the s4 is gonna be TOTALLY different than the s3 and the Onex+ is a total upgrade from the one+

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    7,444 Global Posts

Question to all hardcore android fans.
    Yes I know I should do this in android central but I'm just too lazy to create an account over there.
    So here's my question.

Is there truly an Android phone that will Never EVER glitch. Or lag. or w/e

All these talks about android > apple
    I'm currently using an android since I have to sell my 4S to get the best value for my update. And damn son. It glitches. It lags. I can't stand it!
    Nexus 4, droid DNA, Optimus g, and the xperias announced at CES. Not a fan of the galaxies.
    Last edited by unstoppablekem; 02-05-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    iPhone Intermediate

Not possible, Android is one giant glitch.
    Apple built it, so it will work.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    7,444 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Caesar View Post
    Not possible, Android is one giant glitch.
    Some are, but not all.