Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    1,162 Global Posts

Even laptops and other electronics?

I have yet to be burned by purchasing various towers and laptops over the years that werent Apple. I am on a 4 year old laptop that runs great - my last desktop lasted like 6 year and was still able to game on it.

Apple makes a great phone and some great peripheral devices (Apple TV, etc). I dont find their computers and laptops to be anything to write home about.
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #27  
    Banned

Global Posts
    892 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peterthomas View Post
    Well, thats fine, but people who turn back to Apple and go away from Apple permanently are not going to come back to Apple forums and say that they are not out of Apple's spell. So I dont expect anyone here to say that he shifted from Apple is happily using other devices.

however, if you visit other forums, specially the Android Forum, you will find lots of people who has turned away from Apple and has not burnt so far and are happily using those devices. So the point is that we need to be neutral and unbiased to keep an eye on the whole situation and get a good review of the situation!
    I've been to the other forums. They've collapsed. The mood there is just completely different. People know well and good that their products are bad. They don't care.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'll be the first to tell you I am a fanboy. In the worst way possible. Its all because my expectations have never been met. Even though Apple isn't perfect, I love the products. Sure, they fall short, but what I love the most about them, they simply work. I have taken part of every smartphone operating system out there and none can touch iOS (for me). Now, had the Palm WebOS been handled right, and accepted I think I would still be on my Pre. I loved that phone. With all my previous experiences though, nothing comes close to Apple. Recently I had to restore my phone, something I had been dreading for weeks. Since my first Treo 700 I am used to restoring to clear out and clean up my phone but hated the mess of having to set up my entire phone again. I was amazed that EVERYTHING resets on the iPhone, zero work involved. I have never experienced anything like it! I got my iPhone in February of 2011, its a 3Gs, but it started a revolution, I used to be such an Apple hater.Since I got my iPhone (which was my first Apple device) I got my iPad 2, my two Apple TVs, and my Macbook, I am never looking back. I love the synergy of my home network. Regardless of my friends who hate Apple, they always give Apple a lot of credit when they see my home setup.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by motoleo View Post
    You will never hear complaints about Apple products. You might hear complaints of something like a new feature that the customer wants Apple to incorporate, but people are always satisfied with Apple products.

Oh, these complaints sound like people are "unsatisfied" with a lot more than just features.

And the list goes on.....

To sum this post up, no company is "perfect" including your beloved Apple!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

Sold my iPhone 4 that was as reliable as a tank and bought a Samsung Galaxy S III. I hate it. Everything is ridiculously complicated. Things that used to be seamless and could be done with hardly any thought at all now give me headaches just to attempt. Battery life is awful, even after turning on "power saving" mode and disabling practically EVERYTHING that could possibly drain battery life at all. No built in photo editor with the camera, no push email if I want my battery to last through the day, no push Facebook notifications unless I want a dead battery by noon. I hate it.

I'm returning it tomorrow, reversing my upgrade and using a prepaid GoPhone until the new iPhone launch day.
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...DSC0257222.jpg
    My first pride and joy: 2008 Mazda3 S Touring
    Second: iPhone!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trtmazda3 View Post
    Sold my iPhone 4 that was as reliable as a tank and bought a Samsung Galaxy S III. I hate it. Everything is ridiculously complicated. Things that used to be seamless and could be done with hardly any thought at all now give me headaches just to attempt. Battery life is awful, even after turning on "power saving" mode and disabling practically EVERYTHING that could possibly drain battery life at all. No built in photo editor with the camera, no push email if I want my battery to last through the day, no push Facebook notifications unless I want a dead battery by noon. I hate it.

I'm returning it tomorrow, reversing my upgrade and using a prepaid GoPhone until the new iPhone launch day.
    It seems like the battery life of the GS3 is hit or miss as to how much time people are getting out of a charge. I've read good and bad posts about the battery life over at AndroidCentral. Well if anything at least you found out that the GS3 isn't for you and not you can wait on the New iPhone with the rest of us on here.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

this guy is delusional...either that or 14 yrs old. I've had just as many bugs or hiccups with my iPhones as I have anything else...except my new galaxy s3. I've had this thing almost s month with zero problems or complaints...zero lag, and great battery life. 17 hours and 30% left isn't bad in my book. Sometimes people get so accustomed to the simplicity of an iPhone that when they try to use something like the s3, they whine and complain about how it's too complicated...it's not if you know what you're doing, or take the time to learn. I've had several different android phones, blackberries, iPhones, and a Windows phone....they ALL have their own set of problems, don't kid yourself and use phrases like "iPhones don't break" or "iPhones never have any problems"....because there just like anything else in life, far from perfect.

That said, I'm loving my s3 and do NOT miss the tiny screen or slow 2mbps 3g...70mbps, hd screen, great battery life, and good camera are keeping me pretty distracted from regretting leaving your precious "perfect" device.

sent using my Galaxy S3
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roll-Tide View Post
    this guy is delusional...either that or 14 yrs old. I've had just as many bugs or hiccups with my iPhones as I have anything else...except my new galaxy s3. I've had this thing almost s month with zero problems or complaints...zero lag, and great battery life. 17 hours and 30% left isn't bad in my book. Sometimes people get so accustomed to the simplicity of an iPhone that when they try to use something like the s3, they whine and complain about how it's too complicated...it's not if you know what you're doing, or take the time to learn. I've had several different android phones, blackberries, iPhones, and a Windows phone....they ALL have their own set of problems, don't kid yourself and use phrases like "iPhones don't break" or "iPhones never have any problems"....because there just like anything else in life, far from perfect.

That said, I'm loving my s3 and do NOT miss the tiny screen or slow 2mbps 3g...70mbps, hd screen, great battery life, and good camera are keeping me pretty distracted from regretting leaving your precious "perfect" device.

sent using my Galaxy S3
    Ha. First of all, I am 22, not 14. Second of all, I'm not stupid. I am typing this on my work phone, an HTC One X. And I can use it just fine. I just don't like TouchWiz at all. HTC Sense may be a RAM hog, but it sure is more user friendly. And I may have just had a factory defect S3. Who knows. I do, however, know that the rest of the phone did NOT impress me enough to give it another try, even when the.store offered to exchange it for another S3 at no charge.

I never said iPhones don't have problems. Lord knows they do. All smartphones are like little computers, and all computers have problems. It's a fact. I am just saying that in my personal experience, my iOS device was a better and easier fit for me.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trtmazda3 View Post
    Ha. First of all, I am 22, not 14. Second of all, I'm not stupid. I am typing this on my work phone, an HTC One X. And I can use it just fine. I just don't like TouchWiz at all. HTC Sense may be a RAM hog, but it sure is more user friendly. And I may have just had a factory defect S3. Who knows. I do, however, know that the rest of the phone did NOT impress me enough to give it another try, even when the.store offered to exchange it for another S3 at no charge.

I never said iPhones don't have problems. Lord knows they do. All smartphones are like little computers, and all computers have problems. It's a fact. I am just saying that in my personal experience, my iOS device was a better and easier fit for me.
    Nothing was directed at you...it was directed at the OP...the one who DID say that apple devices never fail, etc. So, you say you're smart?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

Smarter than a lot of people, yes. Exceptionally smart, no.

Sent from Tapatalk on my HTC One X
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Default My story

Hey motelo
    I have been using iPhone 4S from the time it was released and before that I was having another Apple mobile. I got bored with the interface so I bought HTC desize V with android 4.0.3.
    In the starting I liked the new mobile interface, processing was also nice, it supports all the files I wish to access either media or official but one day I realized that what looks good is always not the best. I was editing some important official document and suddenly my cell shut down and it doesn't start for the whole day. It was really annoying. I have to access the work from my laptop and redo all the work again. Next day I switched back to my 4S. Apple devices are the best.
    I am Daniel Jones, working in an iPhone Application Development Company as iPhone Apps Developer. I enjoy exploring apps on iOS, blackberry, android and other mobile platforms.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    939 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    No. When I left Blackberry and purchased an iPhone 3G and then went back to Blackberry, I had no regrets whatsoever. When I left Blackberry and went to Android, I had no regrets and I had no regrets when I left Android for my iPhone 4S. Likewise, if I leave the iPhone and go back to a non-Apple device, I will have no regrets. The only regret I had was leaving Blackberry for the iPhone 3G. I liked the 3G, but I liked the Blackberry more. Anyway, my point is this: although, I enjoy all of my Apple products, i don't share a dedication to Apple like you do and I'm not stating that in a disrespectful manner.

Just Me, D
    (iPad)
    Agree, all of the platforms have something to offer and also a few pitfalls.

The trick is to find one that suits YOU and your currents needs.
    tony bag o donuts likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,704 Global Posts

Could not agree more! I love WP and my Lumia 900 (it's actually quite good if you give a shot), buy I use my 4S as my daily driver.

Both devices have +'s/-'s and you have to spend at least a month with each one to figure out what those are.

Lumia: beautiful design, solid screen at 4.3", much better communications device (email, text, fb, twitter, pinning VIPs/groups to home screen), keybpard is awesome, much better tupong functionality and back button is very nice to have. On the flip side camera isnt as good and their podcast system through the marketplace isnt very good, fewer apps and movie/tv show selection isn't as big.

iPhone: awesome entertainment device, killer screen, more accessories to choose from. Browser is better.

Downside: autocorrect is terrible, small screen, stale OS and the design (while elegant) is need of a refresh as well.

Both devices definitely have their individual awesome and fail, you just have to find the one that works the best for you. Love iOS, awesome! Love WP, awesome. Use what you like, who cares what other people say!
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Android ? Glitches. Glitches everywhere
    Imperfection. Imperfection everything

WP8? Fake advertising videos on their flagship phone.
    Credibility? Questionable.

Apple?
    Perfection.
    Stable.
    Easy to use.
    No need to waste our precious time customising over a stupid device when our time can be put to better stuff.
    Lazy. Perfect for people to get lazy and not work for the phone. I.e. open box. Slot in the card. Sync to iTunes. One button. No troublesome drag and drop ****. And your good to go.
    Last edited by GreatNeal; 09-09-2012 at 03:14 AM.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GreatNeal View Post
    Android ? Glitches. Glitches everywhere
    Imperfection. Imperfection everything

WP8? Fake advertising videos on their flagship phone.
    Credibility? Questionable.

Apple?
    Perfection.
    Stable.
    Easy to use.
    No need to waste our precious time customising over a stupid device when our time can be put to better stuff.
    Lazy. Perfect for people to get lazy and not work for the phone. I.e. open box. Slot in the card. Sync to iTunes. One button. No troublesome drag and drop ****. And your good to go.
    Lol that's a joke right

sent using my Galaxy S3
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Lol that's a joke right

sent using my Galaxy S3
    nope. I used my friend's S3 before. When I opened an app. It made me wait about half a sec before it decided to open the app.
    I immediately gave the phone back to my friend and swore never to touch it again
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

Well at least you have a good reason...

sent using my Galaxy S3
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

I actually probably shouldn't even bother replying, but I will just so you can be informed. If taking half a second to open an app irritated you, turn off the animations on the phone... Then it's literally instant. Try doing that on your iPhone without jail breaking. The long animations on my mother's iphone alone is enough to irritate me...

sent using my Galaxy S3
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I actually probably shouldn't even bother replying, but I will just so you can be informed. If taking half a second to open an app irritated you, turn off the animations on the phone... Then it's literally instant. Try doing that on your iPhone without jail breaking. The long animations on my mother's iphone alone is enough to irritate me...

sent using my Galaxy S3
    Well then I sure did cleared all the applications using the task manager she had before using. Boy it reallly glitches there.
    Oh well both of us have our own preferences then. I find my iPhone animations good and love to see them in action ^^
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

Maybe that one had a problem... Not sure what would be glitching, mine works just fine.

sent using my Galaxy S3
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,150 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 Beta 3

I've had all the top Blackberrys and android phones in recent years. I always use the iPhone as my main driver because of one the reliability and just smooth UI. No one can match Apple no matter how hard they try as far as usability goes. Then the ecosystem. I have an iPad I have a MacBook Pro and I have Apple TV. The seamless integration is awesome for me and my family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone Beginner

Default Re: Pitfalls of not choosing Apple

Quote Originally Posted by jclisenby View Post
    I agree. If you switch from Apple you'll get burned. They all promise a good experience then fail. Windows, android, Blackberry, they all offer big promises and fail you.
    Hahahaha what a load of crap lol

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,446 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by motoleo View Post
    I've been to the other forums. They've collapsed. The mood there is just completely different. People know well and good that their products are bad. They don't care.
    Now that i will take exception with. I have a GREAT product. It's called the Samsung Galaxy SIII. You, my friend, are talking B.S. If i had a bad product, i would care, and i would get rid of it. I had an iPhone4, and it was good for it's time, but i wanted something better. I still have a MacBook Pro, which i love. If you're going to talk nonsense, do it on another forum.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts

I've said it before. Each person has to be happy with the device they are going to use for the next year or two.
    I don't like iphones and find android incredibly easy to use.
    I do like my ipad2 though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    grunt0300 likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

My iPhone was a MASSIVE disappointment. I had a ton of problems with it after the first 3 months and Apple refused to do anything about it. After two years the wifi didn't work, the sleep button was jammed (I've never dropped the phone or bumped it in any way that would cause damage), and it was insanely slow (would freeze up everytime an app was launched). I definitely got burned by Apple. That's the last iProduct i'll ever buy. Got my Lumia 920 a month ago and I have no idea how I managed to put up with that piece of garbage for two years.
    baseballbert likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast