Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By E_man#CB
  • 1 Post By Dark_Blu
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

Default I've been on Android before.. MANY times... one thing to remember.

Short little post.. i'll try to keep it as short as possible.

I've owned the first Droid, the Nexus one. eventually got the G2x, Bought a SGS2 from the UK dropped a sim in it.

I guess you can say (since people are saying the SGS2 is the current best android phone) that I've had some of the best android devices out.

Remember one thing folks, and the only reason why i'm saying this is because this happened to me with the G2X, and also happened to me with the SGS2..

i got the SGS2 and was blown away by the specs... i said WOW.. these specs are awesome..

literally 24 hours later.. i said to myself Now what?

Thus the ultimate problem with android.

It just does NOT have stuff like this coming out for it.

-----------------------------
    Original iPhone 8gig
    White 16gig iPhone 3G
    Black 32gig iPhone 3Gs
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneMilk View Post
    Short little post.. i'll try to keep it as short as possible.

I've owned the first Droid, the Nexus one. eventually got the G2x, Bought a SGS2 from the UK dropped a sim in it.

I guess you can say (since people are saying the SGS2 is the current best android phone) that I've had some of the best android devices out.

Remember one thing folks, and the only reason why i'm saying this is because this happened to me with the G2X, and also happened to me with the SGS2..

i got the SGS2 and was blown away by the specs... i said WOW.. these specs are awesome..

literally 24 hours later.. i said to myself Now what?

Thus the ultimate problem with android.

It just does NOT have stuff like this coming out for it.

Yeah, they have like 100+ devices release in a year. All topping the last. And They don't have a lot of good games besides Angry Birds and Cut the Rope

Also, should be moved into another thread.
    Last edited by zackawee27; 10-07-2011 at 09:30 AM.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,217 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

How does this have anything to do at all with the iPhone 4S, or any iPhone really?

I understand your point, but honestly, there are other places for threads like this...and this 4S forum is becoming very full of threads that either belong in other areas or are duplicated 100x over.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

Sorry actually i posted this because I see a lot of question threads "Nexus or iPhone 4S"

that's why I posted it. Hope that clarifies. Posted it to help those who are on the fence.
    -----------------------------
    Original iPhone 8gig
    White 16gig iPhone 3G
    Black 32gig iPhone 3Gs
    iPhone Beginner

Android phones are garbage
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

As an android phone user, alongside an iPod/iPad user, I disagree. I have no trouble finding things on my android phone to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin55372011 View Post
    And android fanboys say the same about iPhones. Fanboys will be fanboys, on any side of the fence.
    Premium1 likes this.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Well i use a game system to play games not a tiny little screen. Not to mention who really cares? I mean if that is the only thing that one OS has over another to most that really doesn't matter. I have owned both android and iphone.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justin55372011 View Post
    I have to disagree with this. I've used Androids in the past and while they just weren't for me, I definitely didn't think they were garbage. It's all a matter of what you need your phone for and which operating system is going to do it the best. IMHO, both platforms are nice, I just prefer Apples right now.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

I don't think "Android Phones are Garbage". The hardware is usually (not always but usually) cutting edge. That isn't the problem. The problem is a buggy, laggy, OS. It was clearly noted that the demo unit of the Galaxy Nexus was laggy and that the screen wasn't always responsive to touch input. This was my experience with Gingerbread on the EVO. This has been the experience of others who got Android phones because of the hardware specs and customization options. Application crashes are common, so the quality just isn't there in the Android Market either. Google isn't addressing the USER EXPERIENCE. They keep increasing the geek factor with every new iteration, versus trying to make the thing useable for people who aren't engineers and tinkerers. Also, Google always releases a Nexus phone that has one or two great specs and then every other Android phone released after it has better specs while not getting the newest updates until maybe summer of the following year, if then. The performance just isn't consistent and the user experience just isn;'t satisfying enough to make people stand in line to buy one, wait all day for the activation server to allow them to complete the transaction of buying one, and sell 4million of them in three days. That however did happen with the iPhone 4S, despite it not having all of the cutting edge hardware specs checked.
    If you listen to metal, come and check out my tunes:
    http://darkblu.com
    Guitar Nerd, Shred Beast, Illustrator, Mac Tech lover
    MA356LL/A - MacPro1,1, w/ 2X2.66GHz Dual Core Xeons (4 Cores, total). 250GB HDD/160GB HDD. 2GB RAM. Mac OSX 10.7.5 Lion.
    iPhone 5C Green, Macbook Pro Early 2008, 2.4Ghz, 4GB, Geforce 8600GTS 256mb, 250GB HDD, Mac OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 , iPad2 16GB Black, iOS 7.0.3
    cardfan likes this.