Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Like Tree26Likes
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Default Why is a blackberry better than an iPhone?

I wonder why everyone needs to be better than everyone else? Why can't the devices just all be good and the competition great for innovation and driving competition. It's so silly that someone has to say BB is better than..., Android is better than iOS, iPhone is better than ... Who cares! use the device that is best to you and let others enjoy their own. If it's a discussion there must be a better way to phrase it rather than trying to feel superior.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    Thanked by:
    JustMe'D (12-17-2012)
    JustMe'D likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,086 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by NobodyListenstoLaura View Post
    Good for you but I wasn't talking about the PB which is a flop in its own category.

I was talking about the BB and Rovio and Zynga making a BBX app. Big difference.
    I don't know what your beef is with the company or blackberrys in themselves but flop or not if the app is available for the playbook which is running core bb10 software then it will be available for a bb10 device. Same resolution as the L,N and A series.

Again check your facts before trying to provide false statements because you have a beef or dislike with a company or product.

Sent from my game boy color
    Last edited by eve6er69; 12-17-2012 at 11:08 PM.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,086 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    I wonder why everyone needs to be better than everyone else? Why can't the devices just all be good and the competition great for innovation and driving competition. It's so silly that someone has to say BB is better than..., Android is better than iOS, iPhone is better than ... Who cares! use the device that is best to you and let others enjoy their own. If it's a discussion there must be a better way to phrase it rather than trying to feel superior.
    I usually try to say that but at some point and depending on who you talk to they say something and it is a put down and it make you think they're calling you stupid for having a device.

I am friends with tons of multiplatform users but the common techy thing to do is battle back and forth. Apple=no customization rim=not cool or dying with no app support. Android=battery hogs with viruses and windows hasn't really made to major of a footprint for people to point out its weaknesses.

I own a BlackBerry and I am secure enough in myself to not care what other people use because I'm not them and why put down what somebody spent their hard earned money on. BUT I also like to point out certain things that people say that are totally not true and hurt the brand name.

I'm a lover of all things tech and just want people to know if things are truth or fiction and try to help them out if they have any issues. .

JustMe'D likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Default Re: Why is a blackberry better than an iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    I usually try to say that but at some point and depending on who you talk to they say something and it is a put down and it make you think they're calling you stupid for having a device.

I am friends with tons of multiplatform users but the common techy thing to do is battle back and forth. Apple=no customization rim=not cool or dying with no app support. Android=battery hogs with viruses and windows hasn't really made to major of a footprint for people to point out its weaknesses.

I own a BlackBerry and I am secure enough in myself to not care what other people use because I'm not them and why put down what somebody spent their hard earned money on. BUT I also like to point out certain things that people say that are totally not true and hurt the brand name.

I'm a lover of all things tech and just want people to know if things are truth or fiction and try to help them out if they have any issues. .

I use an iPhone, always have and always will but I'm also Canadian and as a Canadian I like to see RIM succeed. One thing I admire about Americans is their national pride and I find that lacking in Canada. However like you I never trumpet how much better my iPhone is than anything else because I'm well aware of it's faults and the things I would like to see better. I just find it a little silly when I see posts in an Apple centric forum that BB is better than...., Android is better than...., GSIII is better than..... I mean come on really. I don't go around to Android and BB forums posting iPhone 5 is better than .... so maybe that is why I wont ever understand. It just seems like such a waste of energy when really it's just a device.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    JustMe'D likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,086 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    I use an iPhone, always have and always will but I'm also Canadian and as a Canadian I like to see RIM succeed. One thing I admire about Americans is their national pride and I find that lacking in Canada. However like you I never trumpet how much better my iPhone is than anything else because I'm well aware of it's faults and the things I would like to see better. I just find it a little silly when I see posts in an Apple centric forum that BB is better than...., Android is better than...., GSIII is better than..... I mean come on really. I don't go around to Android and BB forums posting iPhone 5 is better than .... so maybe that is why I wont ever understand. It just seems like such a waste of energy when really it's just a device.
    Me and a few twitter friends go back and fourth out of fun but when someone that doesn't know us comes in and starts actually bashing they get all offended.

Its a phone, not a member of your family. You don't need or have to have an emotional attachment to it.

Like me arguing that my gps is better than yours. Just a endless cycle of narcissism.

John Yester likes this.

Global Posts
    15,632 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Default Re: Why is a blackberry better than an iPhone?

Amazing where society has gone.. to defend ones smart phone device.

Technology is not about gaining future endeavors anymore. It's seems to personal for some now days.

My .02 since everyone else is stuck in a endless loop of repetitive statements.

Reality check for me..... I have used every device on almost every platform. I have positives and negatives of all of them. But I don't go to forums to rally people up and trash talk. There is no reason for it. Bottom line - Respecting ones opinion in the matter.

We have always said to debate the device - And debates are good. But because one does not agree with you, does make them a fool or hater.

I like BlackBerry, Windows, Android, and now iPhone. I use what works for me and my line of work and personal life. Your maybe the complete opposite. And that is acceptable on all our sites. Decide what works well for you and learn from it. and help others.

But it amazes me, that people stressing point on what does not work for them and others have to agree with them 100% and do what they do, and the other user is not welcome because of the device they use.

People need to realize we are all hear to learn and help those in need of help. If you want to for your own personal reasons rally groups and put others with an open mind of accepting their OWN choices, then go else where.

Why should friendships decide on what model phone you have and prefer. Is that really what the forums have come to?

All of us here do not make the decisions that get signed off at the manufacturing companies, OS development, and carrier operations. We are end consumers who have a decision to choose what will work best for yourself and only yourself. I am certainly not making a decision based on someone on a forum.
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,086 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    Why should friendships decide on what model phone you have and prefer. Is that really what the forums have come to?
    Nope they haven't come to that. The problem is most people that go to a forum and stick around are usually well versed and have strong opinion's with that certain os's positives and negatives. They focus on positives and find ways around the negatives.

Honestly most of my real world friends (not social media or forum related) don't talk about phones. If they come up its because they are curious to pick my brain about if their phone is not working or their curious on which phone to get.

I don't choose my real world friends over what device they use. If I did and it were because I own a BlackBerry I would seriously have 5 friends and one of them would be my wife. Lol

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567