Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default Android VS iPhone iOS 4, which is better

A new set of data analysis reports said that in America Android phone sales beat iPhone. Does this data explain that Android will beat iphone ios 4?

From a complete compare reviews :Android 2.2 vs. iOS 4, we can see that Android 2.2 is indeed far faster than iPhone.

From the reviews, we can say that Android will become Apple's biggest competitor.
    iMore Expert

Of course Android sales beat iPhone sales!!! Come on people! Android OS is on WELL OVER how many devices? 70+ easily. I would sure HOPE they beat out 1 phone between all 70+ COMBINED! Useless point in stating the sales here.

 iPhone 5S - 64GB Space Grey
     iPad Mini - 32GB Black
     Apple TV 2nd Gen
     MacBook Pro - 250GB Aluminum Unibody
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Default dont feed the troll

troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    iPhone Newbie

I think it is a good competitor... Since they have about 70+ phones like the guy above me said.... But nothing beats the sleek, sexy look of the iphone 4 , or any of the iphones for that matter... and the UI is icing on the cake!
    TiPb Jailbreak Genius

Dont feed the troll
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,730 Global Posts

There's no company named android that apple is competing against.

Or put another way, all this android success is split between multiple companies. And further: Apple realizes a killer profit margin on each and every iOS device sold. Apple's revenue from iAds spikes with each iOS device sold. Apple's itunes store revenue goes up with each iOS device sold. More iOS device sales also opens up a window for more Mac sales as people buy into the ecosystem.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    751 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    There's no company named android that apple is competing against.

Or put another way, all this android success is split between multiple companies. And further: Apple realizes a killer profit margin on each and every iOS device sold. Apple's revenue from iAds spikes with each iOS device sold. Apple's itunes store revenue goes up with each iOS device sold. More iOS device sales also opens up a window for more Mac sales as people buy into the ecosystem.
    Cheers to that
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have owned a device on every mobile OS except Symbian (no interest) and I sold my Droid Incredible for the iPhone 4. First I found the Droid Inc a very capable competitor to the iPhone and in some cases better and in some not so. What really matters is your personal view and opinion and how you will use the device. I chose the iPhone primarily for the ability to do more with my MacBook Pro, MobileMe and over all Mac connectivity. That was my goal and I achieved it. As to whether or not I will get iPhone 5 or move on remains to be seen.
    2014 15" MacBook Pro, SuperDrive, AirPort Extreme, iPhone 4S (Verizon for Work) & Pre-Ordred iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Gold (AT&T), Waiting on iPad Air 2 to be announced.
    iPhone Beginner

More does not mean better. Two of my co-workers own an Evo and a Droid X. My work phone is an HTC Hero. I've never used an android device that operates as smoothly as my iphone 4. Even something as simple as pinch to zoom on a high end device like the Droid X is "jittery." It's hard to put into words, but something about every android phone just seems unpolished.

To add to this. I like gadgets and I love to mess with my PC at home (OCing, upgrading, tweaking, etc), but I just don't want to bother with any of that on my cell phone. It seems like a hassle to get a droid to work the way you want it to. Almost every day, my two co-workers are showing off a new keyboard or theme they just installed and my response is always the same. "Meh."
    Last edited by lasvegasoutlaw; 08-04-2010 at 12:15 PM.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Coming from the HTC Hero and seeing other Android phones operate, there's no way I'd leave my iPhone 4 and go back. I also use Mac's and prefer my phone to cooperate nicely and sync when I plug it in, not have to download 3rd party software just to "iTunes-like" sync my music. Yeah I know I can put music in the memory card but still, that's very Windows 3.0'sh.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts

I was a blackberry user until the iphone 4 came out. I got it on lanch day (preordered) and then returned to wait for antenna, proximity fix etc. Currently have a iphone 3gs. I bought my wife a Samsung Vibrant (TMO) this week and she really likes it. I have played with it and it is a good phone. Watching Avatar on the phone was pretty cool! I must admit the UI is not quite as smooth as iphone but the battery life seems really good. Also there is some real crap for apps in the marketplace- Apple beat android hands down here. I might try to pick up a Samsung Captivate off of ebay while waiting on an iphone fix or new model.
    Last edited by planoman; 08-04-2010 at 01:01 PM.
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

1. Quantity does not equal quality.

2. Comparing the sales of all Android phones across all carriers to the sales of 2 iPhones on one carrier is absolutely ridiculous.

3. If the iPhone were available on the 4 major carriers in the united states, Android would have NEVER gained this much traction, no matter how much promotion and advertising they use praying on insecurities (i.e. 'Droid makes you a man')...
     iPhone 4 32GB
     MacBook Air 13.3" (May 2011)
     iPad 2 16GB
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jellotime91 View Post
    1. Quantity does not equal quality.

2. Comparing the sales of all Android phones across all carriers to the sales of 2 iPhones on one carrier is absolutely ridiculous.

3. If the iPhone were available on the 4 major carriers in the united states, Android would have NEVER gained this much traction, no matter how much promotion and advertising they use praying on insecurities (i.e. 'Droid makes you a man')...
    First let's stop with the "Quality" crap. Just bc you just a stainless steel band (which attenuates your attenna's) and some glass doesn't equal quality either!

So who's fault is that? I would guess "Apple" they should maybe take a look into going to more carriers.

I don't buy the "were available on the 4 major carriers" bc if people really wanted the phone they would switch carriers!
    Last edited by etexans; 08-04-2010 at 03:42 PM.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcdaniels View Post
    Coming from the HTC Hero and seeing other Android phones operate, there's no way I'd leave my iPhone 4 and go back. I also use Mac's and prefer my phone to cooperate nicely and sync when I plug it in, not have to download 3rd party software just to "iTunes-like" sync my music. Yeah I know I can put music in the memory card but still, that's very Windows 3.0'sh.
    You can "cloud" sync your itunes music with an Android phone but you can't with an iPhone. Hmmmmm....sounds very 90ish to me
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by etexans View Post
    First let's stop with the "Quality" crap. Just bc you just a stainless steel band (which attenuates your attenna's) and some glass doesn't equal quality either!

So who's fault is that? I would guess "Apple" they should maybe take a look into going to more carriers.

I don't buy the "were available on the 4 major carriers" bc if people really wanted the phone they would switch carriers!
    Why? Your typical Android phone is a flimsy pile of stuck together plastic. They look cheap and feel cheap.
    iMore Intermediate

It's funny how, in 3 years, the iPhone went from being a device that wouldn't succeed to the evil monster device that competitors are trying to kill with similar alternatives. I'm so glad that we have a plethora of pocket multi-touch computers to choose from instead of those yucky flip phones.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I will only say the same thing I have said before. One is not better than the other. One is just better for YOU than the other. And I thought the topic was Android vs iOS, not random phone with Android vs iPhone 4?
    iPhone 5 16GB, iPad 32GB Wi-fi, Mac Mini(2010)
    Twitter - @UhanRodric
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

[QUOTE=mpaquette;1608366]Why? Your typical Android phone is a flimsy pile of stuck together plastic. They look cheap and feel cheap.[/QUOT

You make a phone with metal and guess what? It doesn't work as a phone!
    iPhone Nanite

iPhone for.the win.
    iPhone Intermediate

I can't say which platform is better, both are good. I've used both and I like both. Android has the superior google apps, widgets, live wallpapers, different phones, different carriers, more updates/yr. And flash, but I'll chalk it up to a theoretical advantage- who knows how it will run, how much the battery will drain. Apple has the better design, software, apps (a HUGE friggin' advantage- it changes the phone, puts it on a whole different level), better multimedia integration. It's really down to personal opinion. You really can't go wrong with either platform.

What makes Android >>>>>>>>> iPhone 4 is the carrier option, at least for me. When I saw the WWDC, I was damn near ready to switch to the iPhone but there was no one more (verizon) thing announcement. I hate AT&T.

My Droid destroys my 3GS, even though it had all these cool apps to check my bank account, rent movies, etc. Because in order to use these apps, YOU NEED A FRIGGIN' CONNECTION!

Personally, I think I'm through with the iPhone for the next 2yrs. Why pay another several hundred dollars to switch phones, when I can pick up a sexy iPad (3g? hell no at&t) and have the best of both worlds and two cool gadgets? Android tablets will be lame because of the lack of apps, although the big advantage could be Flash, if it works and doesn't drain the battery.
    iMore Nanite

Android wins.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Played with my friends driod last night. Really jittery. Great that there is something out there for everyone one on different carriers, however not my cup of tea.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    iOS Version

It's personal preference. There are certain things I like about my ipod touch ( I know it isn't an iphone) more than my motorola droid and vice versa. I feel like the touch screen is more responsive with my ipod touch though.
    iPhone Newbie

great info thanks for the posts
    iPhone Nanite

Default wp7, ios, android in one

i wish we could have the best of this 3 mobile os, just like this concept, the combination of ios, wp7 and android:

youtube.com/watch?v=2GE1lvRirIg&feature=related
    youtube.com/watch?v=LFlDJdphyt4&feature=related
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast