Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio View Post
    Honeycomb is reported to be initially released for tablets then eventually trickle down to smartphone devices.
    Yeah, I heard about that too, I wonder what Gingerbread is like.
    iPhone Nanite

The thing that I can't quite wrap my mind around is that you guys keep talking about how iOS' UI is so much better than Android's. Now, I had an iPhone for two years and am pretty familiar with its offerings, and I just have to point out: the iPhone's entire "UI" is wholly comprised of what is now my App drawer, a rudimentary search window, and four shortcuts glued to a dock at the bottom of the screen.

I've currently got the Samsung Fascinate, and it's pretty fast as it is; it's as fast or faster than my friends' iPhone 4s, but you know what? I guarantee if I deleted all of my home screens and my widgets it would be significantly faster than any iPhone. And you know what else? Even without those features that make Android drastically better than an iPhone, it would still be a more versatile and satisfying device than the iPhone.

I'm not saying Android is the operating system for everyone, but I really can't understand how anyone with an IQ of over 110 can be satisfied with a phone as dumbed-down as the iPhone. Even if you don't want to think about changing launchers, pretty much every company's default launcher is simple to use, and feature-wise, superior to iOS--and that's just if you don't want to make any customizations, which is not a possibility on the iPhone.

If you do feel like delving into those options, the possibilities, though not endless, are quite formidable. From something as simple as adding a widget to your home screen that displays your Facebook friends' status updates without launching an app, to adding a control panel that allows you to adjust often used settings without going into a separate menu to do so, and as involved as flashing different custom ROMs that give your phone an entirely different look and feel, or installing a new kernel that that can let you increase the over all speed and efficiency of the whole phone. There are so many things that can be done at any comfort level to improve your phone, and that just isn't the case on an iPhone.
    Thanked by:
    cdf3 (10-09-2011)
    k33k00 likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

Default hey facebook poker game

yep she was playing on facebook poker earlier on gambino poker its apps facebook com/gambinopoker
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

IMO, the most stable Android is still Froyo. The two newer ones are just so urk.
    iPhone Intermediate

great list, that just about does it. android is ok, but ios is alot better.
    iPhone Nanite

Honestly too me it looks like there is more problems with manufacturers than the android OS its self.

Also try looking at it this way iOS will only EVER be on the iphone

Android is on almost EVERY phone (including the iphone if you really wanted it to be)

Google will dominate no question about it.

Example
    Samsung galaxy S2 is released with its dual core processor way before even the release date for the iphone 5.

Apple are Pi*sing in the wind if you ask me

there are so many manufacturers that use android which means there are budget android phones to the high end android phones.

One thing i HATE apple for is the fact they are phasing out the 3g... This would never happen to android phones due to the community being able to release there own roms. which by the way are a thousand times better than iOS

on the plus side though you can always brag that you have the most expensive phone on the market. shame half of the components are from samsung... (which use android...shocking aye)
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by imsofinite View Post
    The thing that I can't quite wrap my mind around is that you guys keep talking about how iOS' UI is so much better than Android's. Now, I had an iPhone for two years and am pretty familiar with its offerings, and I just have to point out: the iPhone's entire "UI" is wholly comprised of what is now my App drawer, a rudimentary search window, and four shortcuts glued to a dock at the bottom of the screen.

I've currently got the Samsung Fascinate, and it's pretty fast as it is; it's as fast or faster than my friends' iPhone 4s, but you know what? I guarantee if I deleted all of my home screens and my widgets it would be significantly faster than any iPhone. And you know what else? Even without those features that make Android drastically better than an iPhone, it would still be a more versatile and satisfying device than the iPhone.

I'm not saying Android is the operating system for everyone, but I really can't understand how anyone with an IQ of over 110 can be satisfied with a phone as dumbed-down as the iPhone. Even if you don't want to think about changing launchers, pretty much every company's default launcher is simple to use, and feature-wise, superior to iOS--and that's just if you don't want to make any customizations, which is not a possibility on the iPhone.

If you do feel like delving into those options, the possibilities, though not endless, are quite formidable. From something as simple as adding a widget to your home screen that displays your Facebook friends' status updates without launching an app, to adding a control panel that allows you to adjust often used settings without going into a separate menu to do so, and as involved as flashing different custom ROMs that give your phone an entirely different look and feel, or installing a new kernel that that can let you increase the over all speed and efficiency of the whole phone. There are so many things that can be done at any comfort level to improve your phone, and that just isn't the case on an iPhone.
    Wish i read this before my rant lol

Totally agree

Also Way to tell them Deathwish238

(this is what happens when i post before i read lol)

Apple are evil and manipulative
    Last edited by k33k00; 10-05-2011 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Actually read the whole thread
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Android comes out ahead whichever way you look at it. Until apple decides to give users more control over their device, the iPhone will forever remain, if you will, a "dumb" smartphone.
    iPhone Newbie

The main thing iPhone does better..... marketing!
    iPhone Intermediate

It just works better across the board IMHO
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    534 Global Posts

I like android but I love the iPhone. Yes it is missing widgets but there are so many more things on the iPhone you can use. Heck there are so many accessories you can use with it!!! I had an evo and an evo 3d and there has not been one thing I have not been able to do with my iPhone that I could with my evo 3D. If you are thinking of flash content ok cool but I can download any episode of any program I want with different apps so it gets the same job done.

On more thing:

iPhone works out of the box no need to root or flash a custom rom. It just works!

" Think different"

~ Steve Jobs ~
    END
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

Wow. I am not going to bother to read the 7 pages of posts, but why does anyone care about this? Just like what you like. If something is great for one person than that is that.
    They BOTH have pros and cons.

We own many mobile devices and they run on three different OS'. Great things about all of them.

Relax and enjoy what you have.
    cckgz4 likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5!

I'm just fresh from and android as of today. I feel like a lot of things were good on android i had an incredible that was really hard to let go of. I was flashing roms non stop. i just got tired of the bugs, having my media all in one place is nice but not essential. I just wanted to try something new, and with iOS 5 having some features i could really like and similar to android, my switch has been pretty seemless. a lot of what was said isnt really accurate. esp the part about rooting to get the new updates, that was the FUN part. we had the code for the new updates before it was on most phones.
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

not Agree with They Said Android has Battery Life than iphone..
    Iphone is Still has stronger battery life than android..
    that why I moved On Iphone and Leave my Galaxy S
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Personally, I can only think of 4 things I think iPhones do better than android. Mail; text and multimedia messaging; contacts; UI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Ten things iPhone does better than Android?

Battery life (Android eats batteries)
    Call Quality- Handset, speakerphone, and Bluetooth.
    User Interface (fluid and elegant compared to Android up to Gingerbread).
    Application quality.
    App store security.
    App availability (As a musician, most apps I needed were iPhone only. Those on Android sucked.
    Siri- (That lame iris thing doesn't even count. It's just another "me too" copy of Apple software)
    Consistent high performance with no lag
    Supported by more accessory manufacturers.
    Awesome gaming machine

Samsung shipped more phones this quarter (20 million to 17 million) but Samsung isn't communicating how many of those handsets have been sold to actual customers/end users, whereas we know for a fact that Apple SOLD 4million iPhones on the first weekend of release. None of the Android manufacturers can touch that. Numbers don't lie.
    Last edited by DARK_BLU; 10-23-2011 at 05:26 PM.
    If you listen to metal, come and check out my tunes:
    http://darkblu.com
    Guitar Nerd, Shred Beast, Illustrator, Mac Tech lover
    MA356LL/A - MacPro1,1, w/ 2X2.66GHz Dual Core Xeons (4 Cores, total). 250GB HDD/160GB HDD. 2GB RAM. Mac OSX 10.7.5 Lion.
    iPhone 5C Green, Macbook Pro Early 2008, 2.4Ghz, 4GB, Geforce 8600GTS 256mb, 250GB HDD, Mac OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 , iPad2 16GB Black, iOS 7.0.3
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #67  
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

I can not believe this thread is still running. I had no idea. hahaha

I made this topic so long ago, but I actually would still stand behind every single point I made, even now after I've owned several more Android devices. Even with the latest Android version (pre-ICS since nobody has that yet), every point I made still stands...
     iPhone 4 32GB
     MacBook Air 13.3" (May 2011)
     iPad 2 16GB
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dienaldy_k View Post
    not Agree with They Said Android has Battery Life than iphone..
    Iphone is Still has stronger battery life than android..
    that why I moved On Iphone and Leave my Galaxy S
    I agree. My battery life on my iPhone is way better compared to all of the android phones I've owned. (HTC Hero, HTC EVO 4G, and the HTC EVO 3D)
    iPhone Newbie

You forgot the Speakingsystem Siri. Thats the next step, in which Apple will be the leader. I am glad
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

God this makes me miss my iphone more and more, I need to get a new one!
    iPhone Beginner

Default Re: 10 Things iPhone Does Better Than Android

Its so many goofy and incorrect things about android that its crazy lol my lil sis droid razr is better then the ip5 my epic kills it

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.0.1

Default 10 Things iPhone Does Better Than Android

Quote Originally Posted by mellimel2212 View Post
    Its so many goofy and incorrect things about android that its crazy lol my lil sis droid razr is better then the ip5 my epic kills it

Wow u truly are delusional if u think a epic 4G or razr is better than the iPhone 5. Let me guess, it's better because android has widgets and is more customizable? Give it a break u android fanboys with that BS. Most ppl don't give a rats *** about widgets we care about speed and efficiency on this side of the fence and if I'm correct the iPhone 5 whooped every phone on the market in benchmark tests

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    iPhone Beginner

Yeah my sgs2 is better than the ip5 and my sis razr. The only thing the ip5 got on me at least is lte but I have wimax ALL over Chicago and get 10mb DL speeds so I'll do fine till I get the sgs3

iPhone Beginner

And who gives a crap about benchmarks in real world use?????

iPhone Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Macleod644 View Post
    Wow u truly are delusional if u think a epic 4G or razr is better than the iPhone 5. Let me guess, it's better because android has widgets and is more customizable? Give it a break u android fanboys with that BS. Most ppl don't give a rats *** about widgets we care about speed and efficiency on this side of the fence and if I'm correct the iPhone 5 whooped every phone on the market in benchmark tests

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    And not just widgets (even though I love my fb widget) its about mear freedom, different choice of phones and providers since two or three years ago,bigger screens,flash,and 4g u iPhone guys act like u been had 4g and I'm not tryin to hear that bs about battery life or none of that because 4g is obviously a good thing hence why iOS finally has it its more but I don't feel like naming them for your choice though not knocking iOS just isn't my taste

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast