Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: What do you think about the Magic Mouse?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have one, and I love it!

10 52.63%
  • I have one, and I'm not too thrilled with it!

3 15.79%
  • I don't have one, but I want one!

3 15.79%
  • I don't have one, and really could care less about its existence!

3 15.79%
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    314 Global Posts

Default the Magic Mouse

How many have it? How many like it? Is it worth getting?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,623 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

I don't like it. Just feels a bit raw. Maybe once the software is a little more mature, I'll reconsider it. My boss has one and I didn't find it to fit my needs.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

I originally wanted one, but then I realized it's still just a mouse that you have to grab and move. So I got a Wacom tablet that does multi-touch. Magic what?
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

My dad has one on his new iMac, (he recently converted to Mac, and is slowly dragging me with him). I like the feel of it, and the any direction scrolling is nice. However, maybe because of the plastic it's made of, but I find that when doing any of the multitouch gestures, it's difficult to keep the mouse from sliding with your fingers.
    TiPb Forum Staff

Global Posts
    3,352 Global Posts

I ordered mine a few days ago, Waiting for it... Will post back when I get it
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    314 Global Posts

Thanks everybody for responding! So Tramain, does it work as advertised?
    TiPb Forum Staff

Global Posts
    3,352 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Microcosmos View Post
    Thanks everybody for responding! So Tramain, does it work as advertised?
    Yup, Its awesome!
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Tried it at an Apple store. Ergonomic disaster. Way to low to the table for me. My wrist hurts just thinking about using it. I love the concept of the multitouch gestures on a mouse, but Apple didn't exactly deliver on this one.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts

Had one for a week - returned. It just felt wrong (to me).. I mean I had it as my external mouse for my laptop, but I dunno, it almost felt a bit painful to use?

I'm still hunting for a mouse that I do like lol
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,623 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    I don't like it. Just feels a bit raw. Maybe once the software is a little more mature, I'll reconsider it. My boss has one and I didn't find it to fit my needs.
    I am eating my words....I have one now.
    TiPb Fourm Staff

iOS Version
    iOS 7.0

I just got one last week.

Would like to love it considering its $70, but it is taking me awhile to get used to it.
    Twitter = JHamilton24
    iPhone Newbie

I bought one and loved it. After a few weeks the shape of the thing started to really get on my nerves, so now I'm back to my trusty Intellimouse Explorer.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I bought one and got the software that adds a lot of features to it makes it much like the mousepad on my MacBook Pro. Definitely recommend it.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

Alli, which wacom did you get? I'm considering one also.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

for sure i would like one
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

I have one with our new iMac. I love it. I installed BetterTouchTool and it adds a plethora of new gestures, swipes, and taps that you can use for anything you want. All customizable. Also you can increase the sensitivity on it more than you can with the Apple Mouse Control Panel. So much nicer now.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: the Magic Mouse

I just got a magic mouse for Christmas It's definitely taking some getting used to, and I'm not sure I'm going to use it much for playing WoW at the beginning... but so far I love it. I love the multitouch features on it they're great. Will definitely try this software I hear you guys mentioning, it sounds neat. The shape/size of it is a bit confusing for me... I'm not entirely sure how to hold it =p
    AT&T iPhone 5 16GB White iOS 7.0.3 - Sven
    17" Macbook Pro (late 2011) OS 10.9 Mavericks - Joffrey

mix1985 from Crackberry
    iPhone Intermediate

always loved the Magic Mouse.
    Apple built it, so it will work.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts

Just received today my apple magic mouse. Can anyone tell me if the touch option instead CLICK, works on windows? Everything works but the touch doesnt work? ill test on macbook at night ... But anyone used with windows? the scroll works. the zoom works. everything works. But to open something, i must CLICK the button. Shouldnt work with touch-click?
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by fabio984 View Post
    Just received today my apple magic mouse. Can anyone tell me if the touch option instead CLICK, works on windows? Everything works but the touch doesnt work? ill test on macbook at night ... But anyone used with windows? the scroll works. the zoom works. everything works. But to open something, i must CLICK the button. Shouldnt work with touch-click?
    I would think that the device drivers for Windows would have to support that function for it to work. Since I haven’t used Windows in about 3 years, I cannot speak to what the drivers support or do not support.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    I would think that the device drivers for Windows would have to support that function for it to work. Since I haven’t used Windows in about 3 years, I cannot speak to what the drivers support or do not support.
    Im at work and we just have Windows here (and doors, lol) but later at home ill connect with Macbook and try. I was asking because may be it should work and its faulty. Ill update here later. (And I appreciate a lot if someone knows if it should work or not)
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by fabio984 View Post
    Im at work and we just have Windows here (and doors, lol) but later at home ill connect with Macbook and try. I was asking because may be it should work and its faulty. Ill update here later. (And I appreciate a lot if someone knows if it should work or not)
    These links may help:

Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts

I guess the Apple Magic Mouse doenst have the option which im looking for (im lame). Let explain: Im on this page and I want reply, I click on REPLY with a touch-sensitive on the mouse? Or must CLICK and hear the CLICK sound on the mouse?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,960 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Considering this thread is like 4 years old, I doubt the OP is still curious what our thoughts are on it...that said...

I had to vote for "have and love" because there was no "Have it and Like it, but don't love it...", if there was that option, it would be my choice. It's a great mouse, it works great as I would expect an Apple created mouse to use...but man, when it comes to precision, it really falls short...ever try to do photoshop editing with it? Yikes. Small adjustments in pro-tools or other video editing software? LOL! It's like trying to use your knee to dial a number on a small cell phone...

It's a good mouse, made for internet and general computer browsing...and not at all up to task when it comes to precision mouse work (or pen/tablet work).
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson