Parallels on Mac: Safe?

dalaen

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I guess some people here run Parallels.
I plan to switch *completely* to Mac systems upon the reception of my MBP. But I'll need a few Windows-only software to run on it (Quartus...)

For this, I've heard the software to get is Parallels.
However, I'm wondering if it's safe for the Mac system?
I've had very bad experiences so far with Windows systems (5-6 mins to wake up from sleep state on my 4-core i7 2,2 GHz PC... VERY laggy, fans perms-blasting and always something broken). I really don't want anything of this happening to my MBP...

So is Parallels safe to use? Or does it put the user to the same "risks" as using a PC or whatever? Moreover, I don't want it to alter anything on my Mac system... No weird Windows users, no weird files, not messing around with my folders or stuff...
I hope I explained my concern good enough! :) Let me know if it's not clear!

Regards,

dalaen

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Karen,

Thank you for your feedback. That's nice to hear!
I'm not very worried about viruses. The software I plan to use on Windows is for local usage, not through Internet. But that's nice to hear again.

One more thing then, do you think it could deteriorate hardware? Well at least in a faster way, since hardware always, even very slowly, deteriorates.
That may sound like a silly question, but every PCs I got formerly got their fans spinning constantly after 6 months or a year of usage. I don't want that on my Mac (and the one I'm typing this on, which is 1 year old, has absolutely no hardware problem using Mac-only stuff).

dalaen

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Karen for your answer again.

I guess the issues I had with my former PCs was due to poor quality from the constructor. Especially those cool down systems.
So I can use all of this safely. Thanks! :)

BBGary

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I am new to MBP, still windows user at work, and recently, 3 days ago, bought myself a 2012 MBP and to have windows on it I used oracle virtual box software. Out of 8GB on Mac I gave 3 to windows 7 and both were up and running 5.5 hours on single battery charge. Just wanted to share my amazement from this solid OS and of course solid hardware.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums mobile app