help with maverick install

evolution75

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
So I downloaded Maverick and installed it. Well it said it did but it still says that I am on 10.8.5 and everything looks the same. the only thing I see different is Safari. Any help as to whats going on is appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I downloaded Maverick and installed it. Well it said it did but it still says that I am on 10.8.5 and everything looks the same. the only thing I see different is Safari. Any help as to whats going on is appreciated.
You should see the following icons in your app tray:
1. Maps
2. iBooks
Select the Apple iCon in the upper left corner and then select "About This Mac". If the OS version isn't 10.9, you need to re-download and re-install Mavericks.

ghundiraj

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks there is no Maps or iBooks. It still says 10.8.5 and I have re-download it 3 times now and still nothing

Did you receive any error during the download and/or install process?

Can you list down what you've done till now so that we can get an idea of where the issue might be?

LP&HG

evolution75

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I did not receive any errors during download or install. I downloaded from apple and followed the instructions and it still won't install. i must be over looking something as Mac is still fairly new to me. Thanks for the help. I did not try a clean install

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro