Safari random popups/tabs?

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
For some reason unknown to me I have these random popups on websites when browsing. There's a "drop down deals" popup within the page when I'm shopping online for example and constantly gets in the way.

Other times I will click a link on a webpage and a new window opens and it's a redirected ad page.

What gives with this? I love using Safari and syncing between my devices but this is super annoying when browsing on my computer. Is there a setting or feature I'm missing to fix this?

doji97

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem on my mac and i don't know what to do, i have downloaded a few things but i don't think it would cause the problem. when I'm browsing things like Mackeeper and stuff pop up? can anyone help me with this problem

Roan O

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I am currently having the same problem. Have you fixed it yet? Could you possibly help me at all?

Nada El Meligy

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue with my mac? It is so annoying when it randomly opens mackeeper and stuff like that. I don't yet know how to fix it, did u fix it???

Abdi Abdullah

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I had the same problem, so i download a program called "AdwareMedic" and after one scan and delete the malware from the Mac, thats solved the problem for a little while.

But what i found out was the my router, was using a DNS setting that i didnt knew.

So i change it my correct DNS setting, and thats solve the pop ups all my devices that was using my WiFi.

Hope that help.

Last edited:

John Dong

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
A friend of mine got infected by the 'MacVX' virus, with symptoms similar to what you have described. It is highly aggressive, installing itself onto all common browsers.

Search for 'Remove MacVX Ads from Apple Mac OS X' on google for removal instructions.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2