Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    839 Global Posts

Default Re: How is OS X Mavericks performing on your Apple Desktop or laptop?

Pretty awesome on mid-2013 mba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I don't know about you all, but OS X Mavericks is performing quite well on my MacBook early 2009 model. I figured it would be laggy, but far from it, thankfully. The web browsing is especially snappy, and I'm liking the new look the iOS 7 look. I didn't think I would, but I was wrong. How 'bout you?
    Me likey the new look too
    I have a 2009 iMAc 27-inch and although I love the new matte design pattern, I wasn't unhappy with the glossy version earlier.
    It's just when I went over to a friend's house (who hadn't upgraded on her MBP yet), it finally struck me as different (not a happy different)..

For the rest, I don't have any iBooks yet, but love the new Maps.
    I'm looking for a comprehensive thread that can educate me about all the other enhancements in Mavericks (will bang some doors down in the forums)

LP&HG
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    817 Global Posts
    iOS Version

just installed after released day on mba 11" 1.6ghz i5 .2gb ram still working fine and very stable have not any issue like hanging , laps
    some good functions like tag , specially finder tab is too nice function.
    Last edited by meashishnd; 10-31-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Ashish n. d.

Happy to be Part of iMore..
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    817 Global Posts

I am in a terrible fix. I cannot locate at least 2 of my programs that I use that use to be in the downloads folder. Also there are multiple files I can't find including 3 years worth of bank statements. I need help. Is there a way to recover these ? If I roll back to OS X 10.xx will these things reappear? I'm really scared I have made the biggest mistake of my life
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,952 Global Posts

So far so good in my mid 2007 MBP. But it likely won't see the next OS X update. Lol. I haven't notice any huge performance gains.

I have a 2006 MB which sadly didn't get Mavericks. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    iMore Newbie

Anyone experiencing a bug with the Finder? It flicks at the background like once or twice when I'm on Photoshop CC. Sometime it just minimises too, when clicking a tab in the Finder. I've been experiencing massive lag too.

It gets annoying sometimes already.
    iEd
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,027 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by thejerryong View Post
    Anyone experiencing a bug with the Finder? It flicks at the background like once or twice when I'm on Photoshop CC. Sometime it just minimises too, when clicking a tab in the Finder. I've been experiencing massive lag too.

It gets annoying sometimes already.
    Don't know if this is the same problem but, Finder in Mav was flicking or crashing on my mid 2007 iMac. I had to do a sort of clean install of Mav. The problem for me seemed to be a conflict with a audio app that loads during startup.

#Naked Tuesday
    Stevie Jobs was the illest and-droid is played out like Arnold wondering "What you talking about Willis?"
    Thanked by:
    thejerryong (11-05-2013)
    iMore Newbie

I just experienced this problem just now since I installed Mavericks on the day it came out. Although the only problem I have been experiencing is the RAM issue, which I guess everyone does, and it's like the new thing of Apple regarding maximising our RAM for certain sleeping/running apps (sucks tho.)

I haven't encountered the audio bug you said. Hopefully not or else I'm downgrading back to ML.
    iEd
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,027 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by thejerryong View Post
    I just experienced this problem just now since I installed Mavericks on the day it came out. Although the only problem I have been experiencing is the RAM issue, which I guess everyone does, and it's like the new thing of Apple regarding maximising our RAM for certain sleeping/running apps (sucks tho.)

I haven't encountered the audio bug you said. Hopefully not or else I'm downgrading back to ML.
    The audio app I was referring to is for a audio interface for recording music. But there could be other conflicts on your system. Possibly a app that loads on startup?

#Naked Tuesday
    Stevie Jobs was the illest and-droid is played out like Arnold wondering "What you talking about Willis?"
    iMore Newbie

It's probably my Adobe Creative Cloud apps. Cos when I installed Mavericks, it showed up that Adobe CC apps aren't compatible, though it still runs. But it lags too much. Can't wait for the OSX update.
    iEd
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,027 Global Posts
    iOS Version

My 2007 iMac is running great with Mav since I updated some apps. I just use Mav for basic stuff. I have a hard drive that runs Snow Leopard for recording music.

#Naked Tuesday

Global Posts
    3,623 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Running fantastic on all the macs that I have that support it. I believe this is the best version of OSX yet.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,793 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

Works great on my mid 2010 MacBook Pro.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
    iMore Nanite

OS X Mavericks is too good at performing so many things like multiple displays, App NAP, New enriched Finder tab, Away notifications on Lock screen, memory performance etc. Infact, I cloned my entire Mac HDD with a utility then OS X mavericks was completely compatible with that cloning tool.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123