OSX 10.8.4 is Live

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Details: About the OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.4 Update

About the update
The OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.4 Update is recommended for all OS X Mountain Lion users and includes features and fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including the following:

• Compatibility improvements when connecting to certain enterprise Wi-Fi networks
  • Microsoft Exchange compatibility improvements in Calendar
  • A fix for an issue that prevented FaceTime calls to non-U.S. phone numbers
  • A fix for an issue that may prevent scheduled sleep after using Boot Camp
  • Improves VoiceOver compatibility with text in PDF documents
  • Includes Safari 6.0.5, which improves stability for some websites with chat features and games
  • A fix for an issue that may cause iMessages to display out of order in Messages
  • Resolves an issue in which Calendars Birthdays may appear incorrectly in certain time zones
  • A fix for an issue that may prevent the desktop background picture from being preserved after restart
  • A fix for an issue that may prevent documents from being saved to a server using SMB
  • Addresses an issue that may prevent certain files from opening after copied to a volume named ?Home"
  • A fix for an issue that may prevent changes to files made over NFS from displaying
  • Resolves an issue saving files to an Xsan volume from certain applications
  • Improves Active Directory log-in performance, especially for cached accounts or when using a .local domain
  • Improves OpenDirectory data replication
  • Improves 802.1X compatibility with ActiveDirectory networks
  • Improves compatibility when using mobile accounts

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
In the last update I seemed to lose some stability...I'd see a few hiccups every couple of days across the board, but so far so good with this update, nothing to report from yesterday and seems to be running fine today too. Might have been a bad update on my computer alone, but it's nice to see a clean running OS again.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Unfortunately iMessage is still not display messages in the proper order consistently.
Last night after updating it was fine.
Today it displayed a message received about 3 messages above where it belonged.

Good Luck

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately iMessage is still not display messages in the proper order consistently.
Last night after updating it was fine.
Today it displayed a message received about 3 messages above where it belonged.

Good Luck

I haven't tested it out yet. I may do so tomorrow and post my result.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
i had to restore my new(old) MBP to 10.8 then use the combo 10.8.4. No issues here and everything in with Exchange and iMessages is working normally.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
iMessage, as reported above, is still not appropriately organizing messages that come in...when i fired up iMessage this morning, i had a message from my wife from 6am this morning that was 2 messages above the ones from yesterday afternoon (the last ones i received from her yesterday). So there are still some issues there...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2