Question about AirPlay from my Mac Mini to Apple TV

llaffer

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I've been playing around with the AirPlay features of Mountain Lion the last few days, and found that when I send my Mac display to one of my Apple TV's, the ATV gets the video and the audio, I still see the video on my Mac's end, but I lose the audio.

Is there any way to do this so I still get audio off of the Mac and it still end up on the other end of AirPlay?

Thanks.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
On the latest iTunes... there's an airplay button next to the volume slider in the upper left corner... if you click the airplay button, there's an option for single or multiple speakers... selecting multiple should allow the computer and the AppleTV to get sound at the same time.

llaffer

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm not just trying to stream my iTunes content, but my entire Mac OS desktop. I have the "AirPlay" icon in the upper "tray" (new at Mac, never learned all the proper terms) up near the clock, volume control, etc. and when I choose one of my Apple TVs, the sound/display of the desktop appears on Apple TV like I want, but I lose my sound on the mac itself.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711