My screen in broke on my Mac. How do I hook it up to TV?

MacRulez4Ever

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
How to get screen to monitor/tv ?
I have a mbp 17" with broken screen.
Problem is that that i cant get any pictures on tv/monitor , i use mini hdmi from mbp to hdmi tv/monitor.

What ???

;)

Sent from my iP?n5, using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Screen problem

Did you cycle through the TV's 'input' settings so that it could detect the signal coming from your MacBook Pro?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Screen problem

System Preferences>Displays and click on Detect Displays. You can then choose the "mirroring" option and your computer screen should now be displayed on your TV.

The above excerpt was taken from THIS tutorial.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
When using the HDMI input, have you attempted connection to the TV while the case is closed on the laptop? Many times this will automatically recognize the type of display you are trying to use and it will initiate mirroring options. You'll need to have a mouse and keyboard connected wirelessly or through USB in order to operate obviously. Also, make sure the TV is set to the appropriate input, sometimes the HDMI signal is not immediately recognized from the computer, and the delay can seem like it's not working (especially when the macbook itself is closed)...i've had instances where the signal took up to 20-30sec. before it finally and fully initialized.

Like Karenkcoulter said, it is possible that the damage to the computer has also messed with the HDMI input, in this case, you may be out of luck regardless.

What kind of damage did the macbook sustain to make the monitor stop working?

mohawk apple

May 4, 2012
Visit site
i just bought a hdmi cable to plug into my macbook pro to my tv but i plugged it in and there's nothing on my tv? my tv says no video signal. i went into system preferences and clicked display and all i get is this option! don't know what im doing wrong?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-02 at 10.55.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-02 at 10.55.20 PM.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 10

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods