help with loading OS
I have a new macbook pro that I am returning. Last night I did the power up holding the options key. I went into recovery and wiped the os. Then I loaded a new copy to retore it to factory.Once done it boots up to the restore home screen only. How do I make it boot up like it should to the original os screen like out of the box?
- 02-28-2013, 09:50 AM #2
Re: help with loading OS
Lion and Mountain Lion (if pre-installed on the computer at purchase*)
Note: You will need an active Internet connection. I suggest using Ethernet if possible because
it is three times faster than wireless.
1. Restart the computer while holding down the COMMAND and R keys until the Mac OS X
Utilities window appears.
2. Select Disk Utility from the Mac OS X Utilities window and click on the Continue button.
3. After DU loads select your startup volume (usually Macintosh HD) from the left side list. Click
on the Erase tab in the DU main window.
4. Set the format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled.) Optionally, click on the Security button
and set the Zero Data option to one-pass.
5. Click on the Erase button and wait until the process has completed.
6. Quit DU and return to the Mac OS X Utilities window.
7. Select Reinstall Lion/Mountain Lion and click on the Install button.
8. Upon completion shutdown the computer.
These instructions can be found HERE.
- By Gamekidmatt96 in forum iPod & iPod TouchReplies: 0Last Post: 12-28-2012, 05:10 PM
- By thebeast3203 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 11-23-2009, 08:54 AM
- By rwsheffield in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 5Last Post: 04-22-2009, 10:18 AM
- By snowpea in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 01-24-2009, 12:40 AM
- By pdconner in forum iPhone 4Replies: 4Last Post: 02-12-2008, 12:24 AM