Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1

Question Mozilla Thunderbird under Windows 7 to OSX conversion?

As I'm preparing for a switch from my Windows 7 machine to an iMac in a few months, I'm looking for answers...
    Thing is, since I'm running a company, I can't afford myself to lose any valuable websites or emails during the switch.

I recently went from Firefox to Google Chrome, not really with this in mind though... but the fact of Chrome working with accounts, makes life easier, as normally I would only have to log in on my iMac and all the websites/bookmarks are right there.

- But I'm not so sure about my Mozilla Thunderbird emails...
    I'm using MozBackup to backup my settings and stuff within Thunderbird, but would all these settings (pcv. file) be automatically recognized under OSX??
    If not, do you have any recommendations on what app to use for an easy conversion?
    "Do not go where the Path may lead, go instead where there is no Path and leave a Trail"

Global Posts
    11,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Mozilla Thunderbird under Windows 7 to OSX conversion?

Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default Re: Mozilla Thunderbird under Windows 7 to OSX conversion?

I used to worry about this when moving from PC to PC. Then it hit me that the important stuff is the email itself and I switched to IMAP email servers. Now I can bounce from one email client to another or one os to another, and nothing changes. My email is still set up in the exact same order, with the exact same email addresses, folders, everything.