Airport Utility & Firmware updated
About AirPort Utility 6.2 for Mac
Use AirPort Utility to set up and manage your Wi-Fi network and 802.11n AirPort base stations, including AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme, and Time Capsule. AirPort Utility 6.2 contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- The ability to extend the Guest Wi-Fi network on a network that is configured with multiple AirPort Base Stations
- The ability to add a WPS-capable Wi-Fi printer
- Improved international support
For the latest information on AirPort software, check Software Update in System Preferences or the following Apple Support Downloads website: Apple - Support - Downloads.
AirPort Firmware updated as well...
About AirPort Base Station and Time Capsule Firmware Update 7.6.3
This update is for all 802.11n AirPort Express, 802.11n AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule models. This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Extend the Guest Wi-Fi network for a network configured with multiple AirPort Base Stations
- Ability to add a WPS capable Wi-Fi printer
- Support for additional countries
It is recommended that AirPort Utility 5.6 or later be installed before updating to Firmware version 7.6.3. Configuring the extended Guest network requires AirPort Utility 6.2 and Mac OS X Lion v10.7.5 or later.
Note: This firmware update is for all 802.11n capable AirPort base stations and Time Capsules.
For detailed information on AirPort base station and Time Capsule firmware updates, including instructions how to install the update, please visit:
All about Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, and AirPort Express base station firmware updates
For more information on using AirPort Extreme or AirPort Express with your Internet account, contact your ISP or go to the AppleCare Knowledge Base at: Apple - Support - AirPort + Wi-Fi
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: Apple security updates
Addtional Information: How to set up and configure an 802.11g AirPort Extreme Base Station or AirPort Express in OS X Lion
iOS Airport Utility updated too...
What's New in Version 1.2
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- • The ability to extend the Guest Wi-Fi network on a network that is configured with multiple AirPort base stations
- • The ability to add a WPS-capable Wi-Fi printer
- • Improved international support
- • Enhanced password management