- iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
iPhone app to send video that is HIPAA secure?
I work in a hospital, and recently we had a patient that was really sick and having terrible muscle contraction in her abdomen, and one of the doctors wanted to send a video she made with her phone to a specialist she knew. The problem was, we didnít know of a way to do this without violating HIPAA patient confidentiality laws, since we know that sending anything by SMS text is a violation.
My question is, does anyone know of a way to send a video text message that is HIPAA compliant?
Is there an app we can use?
- 01-23-2013, 02:29 PM #2
- 01-24-2013, 10:18 PM #3
Re: iPhone app to send video that is HIPAA secure?
One of the best HIPAA compliant apps is Tigertext. I have used it in the last 2 hospitals I worked at and it is HIPAA compliant and the messages auto-delete so they don't stay on the phones.
Karankcoulter has the itunes link above.
I went on their site, and they just released a new HIPAA compliant video sharing component:
- By rudolphe in forum iPad 2Replies: 7Last Post: 06-17-2011, 09:47 AM
- By fridayy in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 8Last Post: 05-09-2010, 03:01 PM
- By dcsa in forum iOS Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 03-12-2010, 04:02 PM
- By Kentaro in forum iOS Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 12-01-2009, 06:43 AM
- By TheCarrot.com in forum iOS Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-07-2009, 07:27 PM