Music from external HD on iTunes?
I know with my windows computer, I could take the music from my external HD and drag it onto iTunes and it would show up and play whenever I turned the HD on but didn't transfer the songs to main HD of my PC. When I tried this on my MacBook it too up the 60GB of space on my 256gb drive so I was wondering if there was a way this would only show up when I have the external plugged in?
- 01-19-2013, 06:00 AM #2
Re: Music from external HD on iTunes?
Up front I will admit that I am a novice at using Mac and iTunes, but if you go to iTunes > Preferences > Advanced Preferences there is the ability to direct the iTunes media folder to a specific location. You may want to try changing that to your HD after copying the iTunes media folder on your MAC to the HD. Not sure if that would work but did see that option in the Preference section.
- 01-19-2013, 09:52 AM #3
- 01-19-2013, 11:17 AM #4Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
- By miketko in forum iPad 2Replies: 4Last Post: 12-06-2011, 06:02 PM
- By arcurlyq in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 07-26-2011, 07:57 AM
- By lefrancis in forum iTunesReplies: 2Last Post: 09-15-2010, 10:38 PM
- By philiphone in forum iTunesReplies: 5Last Post: 05-11-2009, 04:41 PM
- By cicago447 in forum iTunesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-20-2008, 04:07 PM