Music from external HD on iTunes?

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I know with my windows computer, I could take the music from my external HD and drag it onto iTunes and it would show up and play whenever I turned the HD on but didn't transfer the songs to main HD of my PC. When I tried this on my MacBook it too up the 60GB of space on my 256gb drive so I was wondering if there was a way this would only show up when I have the external plugged in?

PhoneAddict

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Up front I will admit that I am a novice at using Mac and iTunes, but if you go to iTunes > Preferences > Advanced Preferences there is the ability to direct the iTunes media folder to a specific location. You may want to try changing that to your HD after copying the iTunes media folder on your MAC to the HD. Not sure if that would work but did see that option in the Preference section.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It's just an iTunes option. Under Preferences -> Advanced, uncheck the box for "copy to iTunes library". You must have changed that setting at some point on your other PC.

Yep. Karen has provided the correct answer.

That’s how I use my Mac Mini with it’s 320GB hard drive to serve over 2TB of movies, television shows and home videos to my AppleTVs. (The media lives on a NAS).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox