A better email client than Mail?

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello friends.
I am looking for an email client that is better than Mail (for both Mac OS and iOs devices). I read about Sparrow (now owned by Goog), is it any good?

I suppose I should mention this handy article :)

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
What is it you want from an email client that Mail is not providing? When I first switched to Mac, one of the first things I installed was Mozilla's Thunderbird email client. But Mail has improved a lot, and is every bit as good now.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Love using Mail, no issues at all....

Though i moved recently from Gmail via browser. But I have decided to use everything stock now.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Love using Mail, no issues at all....

Though i moved recently from Gmail via browser. But I have decided to use everything stock now.

There is that one little pesky bug in Mail for Mountain Lion... where if you use rules to move mail from the inbox to a folder (or move the mail manually), when you reply, the replies come from the default address within Mail, and not necessarily the email address to which the original message was sent.

http://forums.imore.com/os-x-software/237978-mountain-lion-mail-replying-wrong-email-address.html

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I know Comcast has only ever offered pop3. Of course, I've always recommended people not use their carrier email so that when they get annoyed with the speed of their ISP and want to change, or move and can't get their old ISP, they have a reliable email.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Dang, dude! Have you considered porting them elsewhere?

The majority of the POP3 accounts are not under my control to port - stuff like non-profits that I assist - I need email accounts that they provide for communications... so I am sort of stuck.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Generally I like Mail, but as some are contending here, it isn't perfect. I was just wondering if there's such an email client that rises above all, kinda like a SupermanMail or a WonderwomanMail, or better yet: a Bugs-bunnyMail...

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
about the first thing I had no issues or inside crumbling with when I switched to the iphone is the native Mail app

its spot on

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234