Can I Sync MacBook Air Reminders thru iCloud to iO Devices?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
As per the previous thread, I am new to a MacBook Air mid 2012

I sync to emails, calendar and contacts with Gmail/Google.

The Reminders app doesn't appear in my iCloud setting for me to sync with my iPhone and iPad.

I was told by Apple support the only way to sync Reminders from a Mac to other iOS devices is to sync Calendars to iCloud.

Any way around this.

TIA

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I suppose that's the case. I mean, I have iCloud configured on my MacBook and whenever I create or edit a reminder on it, the change is immediately displayed on my i-devices.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
As per the previous thread, I am new to a MacBook Air mid 2012

TIA

Do you have Mountain Lion on your Mac? If not, then syncing the calendar will be your only option. Lion and older OS'es combine calendars and reminders. The separate apps and syncing come with a Mountain Lion upgrade.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Do you have Mountain Lion on your Mac? If not, then syncing the calendar will be your only option. Lion and older OS'es combine calendars and reminders. The separate apps and syncing come with a Mountain Lion upgrade.

jclisenby,

I do have Mountain Lion.

Reminders is a separate app on my MBA but since I sync Calendar with Google, it won't allow me to sync Reminders to iCloud to display on my iOS Devices.

In MBA settings for Gmail it includes Email, Calendar, Contacts and Reminders whereas on the iPhone and iPad settings, Reminders is separate which allows you to sync Reminders between iOS devices and still sync emails, calendar and contacts to Gmail.

TIA

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
jclisenby,

I do have Mountain Lion.

Reminders is a separate app on my MBA but since I sync Calendar with Google, it won't allow me to sync Reminders to iCloud to display on my iOS Devices.

In MBA settings for Gmail it includes Email, Calendar, Contacts and Reminders whereas on the iPhone and iPad settings, Reminders is separate which allows you to sync Reminders between iOS devices and still sync emails, calendar and contacts to Gmail.

TIA

Are you syncing your iCloud on your phone to the same email address as you're using for iCloud on your computer? That could be an issue if you're not using that gmail account for both email and iCloyd.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Are you syncing your iCloud on your phone to the same email address as you're using for iCloud on your computer? That could be an issue if you're not using that gmail account for both email and iCloyd.

Yes same email on iPhone, iPad and MBA,

Tks jclisenby

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73