Enable Google Sports & Holiday Calendars in MacBook Air Calendar

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
1st Time User of MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012

I sync to Google Calendar, Gmail and Contacts.

No issue getting my Google calendar into the Mac native calendar but can't figure out how to get my Sport Teams and Holidays from Google.

It is so simple syncing these with my iPhone and iPad (using Safari and going to m. google.com/sync) then just choosing which Calendars I want displayed on the Apple devices.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
On your Mac, open your calendar and go int Preferences, Accounts. Make sure your Google account is set up there so that you can subscribe.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
1st Time User of MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012

I sync to Google Calendar, Gmail and Contacts.

No issue getting my Google calendar into the Mac native calendar but can't figure out how to get my Sport Teams and Holidays from Google.

It is so simple syncing these with my iPhone and iPad (using Safari and going to m. google.com/sync) then just choosing which Calendars I want displayed on the Apple devices.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried going to google.com/sync not the mobile ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Have you tried going to google.com/sync not the mobile ?

Tried that Peligro
Unfortunately it not the mirror to the m.google.com/sync where you can select which calendar to display.
Just the instructions on setting up calendar
Tks

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Tried that Peligro
Unfortunately it not the mirror to the m.google.com/sync where you can select which calendar to display.
Just the instructions on setting up calendar
Tks

Try this
To get your other calendars goto iCal. Then goto ?Preferences? -> ?Accounts? and select your Google account, then select the ?Delegation? tab. In that window you can select each calendar you want to sync with iCal.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Try this
To get your other calendars goto iCal. Then goto “Preferences” -> “Accounts” and select your Google account, then select the “Delegation” tab. In that window you can select each calendar you want to sync with iCal.

Peligro,
The delegation tab is empty.
Any other suggestions?
TIA

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Is the account setup as exchange account ?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
No, it's an IMAP

Can't set up exchange on MacBook Air

TIA

I think that's why I think it needs exchange

To set up your calendars in iCal (in Lion Mac OSX 10.7) goto ?Systems Preferences? -> ?Mail, Contacts, & Calendars?. Click ?Add Account? and ?Microsoft Exchange? and put in your Google credentials (remember to include the @gmail.com at the end of your user name). This will set up your main calendar in iCal.

?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I think that's why I think it needs exchange

To set up your calendars in iCal (in Lion Mac OSX 10.7) goto ?Systems Preferences? -> ?Mail, Contacts, & Calendars?. Click ?Add Account? and ?Microsoft Exchange? and put in your Google credentials (remember to include the @gmail.com at the end of your user name). This will set up your main calendar in iCal.

?

Ok Peligro just to be clear - you're saying too bad you can't set it up as Exchange. Right?
Because you confused me when you proceeded to explain "To set up your calendars ....)

TIA

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok Peligro just to be clear - you're saying too bad you can't set it up as Exchange. Right?
Because you confused me when you proceeded to explain "To set up your calendars ....)

TIA

The site I'm getting the info from says it has to be setup as exchange I posted the steps just to see maybe you have the option
I don't see why your Mac wouldn't have the exchange option ..

I'm just trying to figure it out lol I don't own Mac just yet so forgive me if instructions are way off lol

http://www.rowlandoflaherty.com/pos...e-calendars-with-ical-and-with-apple-devices/

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
The site I'm getting the info from says it has to be setup as exchange I posted the steps just to see maybe you have the option
I don't see why your Mac wouldn't have the exchange option ..

I'm just trying to figure it out lol I don't own Mac just yet so forgive me if instructions are way off lol

Syncing Multiple Google Calendars with iCal and with Apple Devices | Rowland O'Flaherty

Tks again Peligro,

I attempted initially to set it up through Exchange & was unsuccessful. Then I remembered reading in another thread that I needed to set it up as IMAP.
Setting it up (iPhone & iPad ) through Exchange & getting all my Sports Teams & Holidays was so simple.

Again Tks

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Tks again Peligro,

I attempted initially to set it up through Exchange & was unsuccessful. Then I remembered reading in another thread that I needed to set it up as IMAP.
Setting it up (iPhone & iPad ) through Exchange & getting all my Sports Teams & Holidays was so simple.

Again Tks

Ya if that don't work then sorry I don't now how to get them on the MBA

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Well I finally capitulated and stopped syncing my Contacts and Calendar with Gmail. I'm only syncing emails with Gmail.
I imported my Contacts and Calendar from Google.
Then I deselected my sports teams & holiday though m.google.com/sync for my iPhone and iPad.
Then I subscribed to my sports team & holiday icals through my MacBook Air / iCloud.com and now they display across all my devices.
So much better now.

Tks to all who offered suggestions.

Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro