1TB External Hard Drive Suggestions

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Im in the market for an 1TB External hard drive and I want to make sure i get a good and reliable one.

Anyone have any suggestions for what has really worked for them?

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have two 1 terabyte external drives from western digital and they work great. I got mine on amazon a year or so ago for a good deal. Toshiba also has some cool drives as well.

Tapatalking

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Ty for the suggestions. I have lightly been shopping around on amazon & eBay. Seen some mixed reviews so I thought I'd turn to the ppl that know! :)

Jerry_

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I think that he big brands are worth each other as regards the hardware, so the most important is the connectivity - this of course depends also on the ports that you have available on your device.

I have been using a Lacie with a Firewire800 connection and that was a good buy.

I also bought a pocket size HD from Toshiba with an USB3, which is slower, but still fine.

kplu191

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
One thing to look for us what type of cable u will want. I got the seagate backup plus, and it came with a USB cable only. No problem, but to get a thunderbolt adaptor to use it on my 11 iMac, it will cost me an extra $150 for an adaptor, if I m not mistaken. Its advertised as thunderbolt capable, thats what thows me.
I guess a FireWire adaptor is another option, not sure of the price on that.

Sent from my 5.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW