Top 5 Mac Apps/Programs

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I figured since there are threads for top 5 iPhone and iPad apps why not see what apps on your Macs are your favorite.

My top 5:

1) Evernote- For taking notes in class or any other notes and syncing with my iPad
2) Pages- For typing papers and syncing between iPad, iPhone and Mac
3) Dropbox- Accessing files on all of my devices and sharing between them
4) Royal Envoy 2- Awesome strategy game
5) Gardenscapes- Addicting hidden object game

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
+1 for Evernote - keeps notes and snippets. Very useful if you are in a support job where you need to regularly use the same information in an email. Great for classroom teachers as well.
DataVault - stores all your passwords, bank account info, health insurance, etc. Logs onto your websites automatically and syncs to iOS, Blackberry, and Android. Best customer service in the world.
TextExpander - Really good for repetitive tasks, also excellent for customer service positions where you need to rely on inserting the same text.
MS Office - Still the best Word processor and office suite available on any platform.
Janetter (Twitter client) - Allows you to separate by columns. Many nice options.

Last edited:

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
In order for these lists to be useful to newcomers, add a short description to your choice, just like the OP did.

Here are mine:
  • Secrets Preference Pane reveals a wealth of hidden options in OS X.
  • VLC Media Player produces picture and sound from whatever media file you throw at it.
  • Air Display allows me to use the display of a secondary device (laptop, iPad, iPhone) as a second display.
  • Synergy allows me to use my main machine's keyboard and mouse to natively control all three laptops and two iOS devices on my network.
  • Dropbox allows easy file sharing across all platforms.

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Well it's been a while since I posted and my top apps have changed so here we go.
No particular order

1) Alfred- Similar to spotlight search and allows me to search Google, Amazon or Wikipedia as well. If you're looking up a document or something it will search for your most viewed. Example: I've been working on my resume a lot lately and have many different drafts so when I type resume in to Alfred it goes to my most searched for and also my most used document with that title. Very useful. Hard for me to go into detail, Seriousy you must check it out for yourself. Free in the Mac App Store.
2) Air Video Server- This app goes along with my iPad/iPhone app. It allows me to add movies and other media the Air Video server and I can play whatever is on my Mac through my iPad or iPhone. I like the fact that i can have a huge movie library on my Mac and not store any videos on my iPad.
3) Safari- I've been switching up what browser I use trying to find the best one for me. Lately Safari has been my go to browser.
4) MailTab Pro for Gmail- This is for my menu bar and lets me see how many emails I have in Gmail and takes me to my Gmail page. It has push notifications and lights up red with a badge of how many unread emails I have. Very convenient. I love menu bar apps.
5) Royal Envoy 2- My favorite strategy game of all time. Great to kill time or relax. Seriously check it out.

RenoIt

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My TOP 5 (No particular order)

1 deepClock - wonderful desktop analog clock
2 VLC - in my opinion good video player, but many error
3 Tell Note - really good audio note
4 Pages - do not need introduction
5 IconFly - I use it for create icon for my learning. (I learn on iOS developer)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods