Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Pro

iOS Version

Default Mountain Lion Mail IMAP error

Alright, so this is a problem I just recently started having. I run my email through Google Apps, and today I noticed I can't get my Google Apps accounts added to Mail.app — none of them work. Here's what I get when I complete the very first step of setting up the email:

And what's super crazy about the whole thing is I can't get my iCloud to work, either

Has anybody run into this? I've searched around but nothing I've found seems to be the same problem. It was perfectly fine in Lion, but in Mountain Lion it's a no-go.

Thanks for any help, guys. I'm at a loss
    C H I R M E R
    Graphic designer, classical musician, Paleo eater, evolutionary runner & all-around Apple fangirl.
    2008 Macbook (white, 4GB RAM) [sold] >> iPod Touch (1st Gen, 8 GB) [sold]>> iPhone 4 (black, 16 GB) >> 2012 Macbook Pro w/Retina Display (2.3 GHz 16GB RAM)
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

I have one gmail account set up as POP3 and it works fine on both my phone and my Mac... not sure what to suggest. You didn't do anything that would have disabled the IMAP setting in gmail did you? Do you have 2-step authentication set up? If so, are you entering BOTH passwords (the password you set up and the authentication key for the extra security)?
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Pro

iOS Version

Crap, I hope you guys can see the images... they worked when I posted originally! haha. If not they're here and here.

I haven't changed anything from when I initially set it up upon getting my new laptop in July, and it worked up until recently. I have spotty wifi at work, so I'd chalked it up to a wifi issue a few days ago when I noticed it happening sporadically, but now it happens all the time, no matter where I'm at. And nope, I don't have 2-step authentication enabled at the time. I can't think of what the problem is I even updated to 10.8.1 today and it didn't help at all
    C H I R M E R
    Graphic designer, classical musician, Paleo eater, evolutionary runner & all-around Apple fangirl.
    2008 Macbook (white, 4GB RAM) [sold] >> iPod Touch (1st Gen, 8 GB) [sold]>> iPhone 4 (black, 16 GB) >> 2012 Macbook Pro w/Retina Display (2.3 GHz 16GB RAM)
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by chirmer View Post
    Crap, I hope you guys can see the images... they worked when I posted originally! haha. If not they're here and here.

I haven't changed anything from when I initially set it up upon getting my new laptop in July, and it worked up until recently. I have spotty wifi at work, so I'd chalked it up to a wifi issue a few days ago when I noticed it happening sporadically, but now it happens all the time, no matter where I'm at. And nope, I don't have 2-step authentication enabled at the time. I can't think of what the problem is I even updated to 10.8.1 today and it didn't help at all
    I did see the images earlier when I replied... but they aren't there (just a little empty box) now...

I have no idea at this point... the 2-step authentication bit me after I first set it up... but mine is working perfectly (as I said above, though, mine is set up as POP3).
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina