Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fausty82
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Default What would you do?

Have a new MBP that is about 10 days old that I got from Microcenter, which has a 15 day return window.

Had an accident that other day picking up a coaster. It slipped out of my hand and ended up ricocheting off the screen, leaving a couple of small hairline scratches. They aren't terrible, but noticeable.

Should I attempt to return it and if they accept it upon inspection roll with it? Or would that be gaming the system, and I should just take my lumps and consider this a lesson learned about being careful.

FWIW....I'm leaning heavily towards the latter, just trying to figure out if I'm over-thinking this.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by ugahairydawgs View Post
    Have a new MBP that is about 10 days old that I got from Microcenter, which has a 15 day return window.

Had an accident that other day picking up a coaster. It slipped out of my hand and ended up ricocheting off the screen, leaving a couple of small hairline scratches. They aren't terrible, but noticeable.

Should I attempt to return it and if they accept it upon inspection roll with it? Or would that be gaming the system, and I should just take my lumps and consider this a lesson learned about being careful.

FWIW....I'm leaning heavily towards the latter, just trying to figure out if I'm over-thinking this.
    This isn't a morality forum, but doing the right thing is always the right thing to do. The damage was your fault... I vote to take the lumps and be a stand up guy about it.

BTW, it's very doubtful that you could get away with "gaming the system", anyway.

Just be thankful it's not the retina MBP.
    Last edited by Fausty82; 08-23-2012 at 10:38 PM.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    DaPhoneking likes this.

Global Posts
    19,296 Global Posts
    iOS Version

If it's a no-questions-asked return policy, then return it. Heck, even if it's not, return it. The company will more than likely sell it as refurbished or as a display model anyway. On the other hand, if the hairline scratches are tolerable then keep it. Remember, it's your device and your decision. Good luck and have a great night.

UPDATE: I forgot to answer your question - What would I do? If I've had the device more than 2 days, that would mean I'd have it set up exactly how I want it and unless the scratches were a distraction and nothing else was wrong with it, I'd keep it. But that's Just Me, D