What would you do?

ugahairydawgs

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Have a new MBP that is about 10 days old that I got from Microcenter, which has a 15 day return window.

Had an accident that other day picking up a coaster. It slipped out of my hand and ended up ricocheting off the screen, leaving a couple of small hairline scratches. They aren't terrible, but noticeable.

Should I attempt to return it and if they accept it upon inspection roll with it? Or would that be gaming the system, and I should just take my lumps and consider this a lesson learned about being careful.

FWIW....I'm leaning heavily towards the latter, just trying to figure out if I'm over-thinking this.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Have a new MBP that is about 10 days old that I got from Microcenter, which has a 15 day return window.

Had an accident that other day picking up a coaster. It slipped out of my hand and ended up ricocheting off the screen, leaving a couple of small hairline scratches. They aren't terrible, but noticeable.

Should I attempt to return it and if they accept it upon inspection roll with it? Or would that be gaming the system, and I should just take my lumps and consider this a lesson learned about being careful.

FWIW....I'm leaning heavily towards the latter, just trying to figure out if I'm over-thinking this.

This isn't a morality forum, but doing the right thing is always the right thing to do. The damage was your fault... I vote to take the lumps and be a stand up guy about it.

BTW, it's very doubtful that you could get away with "gaming the system", anyway.

Just be thankful it's not the retina MBP.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it's a no-questions-asked return policy, then return it. Heck, even if it's not, return it. The company will more than likely sell it as refurbished or as a display model anyway. On the other hand, if the hairline scratches are tolerable then keep it. Remember, it's your device and your decision. Good luck and have a great night.

UPDATE: I forgot to answer your question - What would I do? If I've had the device more than 2 days, that would mean I'd have it set up exactly how I want it and unless the scratches were a distraction and nothing else was wrong with it, I'd keep it. But that's Just Me, D ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2