FAFSA sIte won't accept Safari 6.0.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Just as the title says. I get "An incompatible browser has been detected" and it lists Safari 4.x and 5.x as the only acceptable versions. What the heck can I do to get around this? has anyone else had this problem, or one similar?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's not the real site. Home - FAFSA on the Web-Federal Student Aid is the official one. When I go to the site and hit "Start Here", I get the error message. I don't know how to take a screen shot on my Mac, else I'd show you.

I visited the site you reference and you are right, I get the incompatible browser error. Anyway, to get around it, simply download and install the Google Chrome browser. It works with that site. You can download it here. By the way, to take a screenshot with your Mac, press command+shift+3.

Reactions: Exxod

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay, it won't take Chrome, either...

I was able to access various parts of the website using Chrome with no problem. What specific part of the website are you trying to access?

UPDATE: When clicking on the Start Here button, I get the error you referenced, but like Keith has pointed out, it works via the iPad and if it works via iPad that means it should work via the iPhone so I accessed the website via my iphone 4S and then clicked on Start Here and sure enough, I did not get a browser error.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I clicked the FAFSA site, and "start here" on iPad, and it went to the log-in screen for what that's worth...

next try on the computer may be Firefox...

Thanks, Keith. Like I mentioned above, if it works via the iPad it should work via the iPhone so I accessed the website via my iphone 4S and then clicked on "Start Here" and sure enough, I did not get a browser error. :)

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I visited the site you reference and you are right, I get the incompatible browser error. Anyway, to get around it, simply download and install the Google Chrome browser. It works with that site. You can download it here. By the way, to take a screenshot with your Mac, press command+shift+3.

And Command + Shift + 4 gives you a cursor to capture just a part of the screen.

Reactions: Exxod

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2