Mountain Lion 10.8 feedback thread

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'll start. I noticed if you lock the "energy saver" settings, it will unlock after you do a full shut down and start up. Also, my keyboard lighting settings changes often on its own after a full shutdown and start up.

Hopefully Apple comes out with a bug fix update soon to address any issues they have not solved yet.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I have run into zero issues. All my software works, no quirks....nothing. Very satisfied. I've been pretty stable since developer preview 4.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about this being a bug yet or not... TimeMachine backing up to TimeCapsule (yes, it has all the latest firmware applied...) TimeMachine reports "looking for backup disk".... for a long time. Yes, the TimeCapsule has been rebooted...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Not sure about this being a bug yet or not... TimeMachine backing up to TimeCapsule (yes, it has all the latest firmware applied...) TimeMachine reports "looking for backup disk".... for a long time. Yes, the TimeCapsule has been rebooted...

It's backing up to my external HD fine but I don't have the time capsule

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I think I may have solved it... went into TimeMachine, told it to quit using the selected TimeCapsule disk... then selected the same disk in TimeMachine... now says "preparing back-up".... will see how it goes.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I mentioned in another thread that emails are not showing up in the notification center. It works fine with the regular Mail client. I checked the settings in the notification center and deleted and reinstalled my Gmail account but still it's not working in the NC. I'll figure it out eventually.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I mentioned in another thread that emails are not showing up in the notification center. It works fine with the regular Mail client. I checked the settings in the notification center and deleted and reinstalled my Gmail account but still it's not working in the NC. I'll figure it out eventually.

Mine have been showing up and I do have a gmail account also.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine have not been working either. Both me.com and gmail. They work fine in the client. Notification center did show a recent app update, so I know it's working.
Also, I made sure my Cloud was set up on my iPhone and on the Mac, and my notes are not syncing and the open webpages on my iPhone are not syncing in Safari either. Probably just user error on my part...

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone figure out how to get Facebook integration working? Probably looking right past it but can't figure it out. Other than that still trying to dive into the OS

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to Mac OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion in the morning. When I got home and plugged into my TASCAM US1800 audio interface, the USB connection light was on and I assumed it worked, but when I went into sound properties on my MBP, it wasn't visible. Tested by playing some music. It didn't play through the TASCAM US1800. Reinstalled the drivers and rebooted numerous times and Mountain Lion doesn't see the previously working TASCAM US1800. In System properties, it shows the TASCAM US1800 connected via USB. With the drivers uninstalled, the TASCAM US1800 still shows info in systems properties. Contacted TASCAM to inquire on compatibility with Mountain Lion and a driver update. Expected my audio interface to just work like it always has with Lion. Ideas? Can I downgrade back to Lion if necessary?

Last edited:

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded yesterday.. Here's a few things I've noticed so far..could be user error, lol.. so please correct me or instruct me if you can! :)

Notes: added a new note on iPhone, checked it on the imac. note was there. deleted it on the mac. checked the iPhone - still there, but when i went into it, i had no optioin to delete or go back to my other existing note. tapped the + to make a new note, then canceled it. back to note list, and deleted note gone, saved note still there.

messages on imac - recieved message from my daughter on imac (sent from her macbook) . also went to my iPhone. i responded from my iPhone. she did not recieve it on her macbook or her iphone. i responded from the iMac, she got it on her macbook, but not her iphone. i deleted original message on my iphone, and sent her a new mssg, iphone to iphone. it would not go through. "sending" for 5 min, then unable to send. restarted phone, and it worked. she also had signed off her macbook, so dont know if that was the "fix"

notification center... (on imac) blank. nothing there. have it all "set" for notifications, but nothing showing. notifications showing on iPhone. (calendar)

the "iCloud" tab... says its suppose to show open tabs on other devices... i have safari open on my iphone, and when i open the tab on the imac, it is empty. is there an additional setting for this?? I think I have icloud all set up correctly :confused:

BTW, i have a 21.5 iMac, purchased from apple last July. all software up to date.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I called Apple about my email issues in the notification center. They stated that the email client has to be open for the notification center to alert you of incoming emails although the first person I spoke with said it was the other way around (email client closed to receive notifications). Anyways it's working fine now.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Mines working pretty fluidly...i found that preview was being a bit wonky with a few things (tried to open a couple of PDF's, one worked, one froze up and reset the program but then worked properly).

- Email has been flawless and i love the new VIP feature...
- Notification center has been pretty awesome but i noticed some lag in when i get the notifications on emails sometimes.

...Safari has certainly been the diamond in this update...i LOVE it now.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I've zapped the PRAM on my MBP. I'm told that pressing 3 and 2 keys together while booting will put Mountain Lion in 32bit mode at boot. I'll try that, press the Phantom Power mic buttons on my TASCAM US1800 and see if Mountain Lion sees the audio interface in Sound properties. I need this thing to work like it did with Lion. I haven't received a response yet from TASCAM on if it's a driver issue or not, but I know that the hardware works, as I installed the Windows Driver for it on my desktop PC and that works. It would be pretty silly for this audio interface to work on my PC and not on my MBP after this Mountain Lion update.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It would be pretty silly for this audio interface to work on my PC and not on my MBP after this Mountain Lion update.

It's TASCAM's job to make compatible drivers... if they've not done that for Mt. Lion yet, it's on them. They've had plenty of time to git 'er done. Any ill will about it shouldn't be directed at Apple.

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded yesterday.. Here's a few things I've noticed so far..could be user error, lol.. so please correct me or instruct me if you can! :)

Notes: added a new note on iPhone, checked it on the imac. note was there. deleted it on the mac. checked the iPhone - still there, but when i went into it, i had no optioin to delete or go back to my other existing note. tapped the + to make a new note, then canceled it. back to note list, and deleted note gone, saved note still there.

messages on imac - recieved message from my daughter on imac (sent from her macbook) . also went to my iPhone. i responded from my iPhone. she did not recieve it on her macbook or her iphone. i responded from the iMac, she got it on her macbook, but not her iphone. i deleted original message on my iphone, and sent her a new mssg, iphone to iphone. it would not go through. "sending" for 5 min, then unable to send. restarted phone, and it worked. she also had signed off her macbook, so dont know if that was the "fix"

notification center... (on imac) blank. nothing there. have it all "set" for notifications, but nothing showing. notifications showing on iPhone. (calendar)

the "iCloud" tab... says its suppose to show open tabs on other devices... i have safari open on my iphone, and when i open the tab on the imac, it is empty. is there an additional setting for this?? I think I have icloud all set up correctly :confused:

BTW, i have a 21.5 iMac, purchased from apple last July. all software up to date.
I've noticed the icloud safari issue as well, was hoping this was going to work, because it seems like such a great idea!

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed the icloud safari issue as well, was hoping this was going to work, because it seems like such a great idea!

I read on the Apple Support Forums that the iCloud tabs wont start working with the iOS devices until iOS 6 gets released.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I read on the Apple Support Forums that the iCloud tabs wont start working with the iOS devices until iOS 6 gets released.

I too was thinking that was an iOS6 thing... being that it's still in beta, those running the beta may indeed be seeing issues that will be fixed before iOS6 goes GM & releases.