Experienced Mac User Advice..Please!!

Bballbenb

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My friend is trying to sell me his MacBook for $350. I have always had a pc and am not very tech savy so can someone tell me if this is a bad deal, ok deal, or great deal at the going rate for a Mac. Here are the specs

2008 Apple MacBook 13" White Intel Core 2 Duo T7200, 2.0 GHZ, 1GB, 160 Gb Hard Drive, DVD Burner, Wi-fi, Camera, Mac Os 10.6 Snow Leopard and Ilife. Latest version of Microsoft Office also installed.

I attached a picture as well of it. Thanks for the help!

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
for $350 and no problems that sounds great. Mac or PC regardless I'd go by the specs. If they specs are suitable for ya I'd get it.

I've always been a pc user but finally purchased my first Mac in January. It did take some getting used to, but I love it. There are still things I want to read about more in depth, but for everyday use I got it all down.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Keep in mind that you probably won't be able to upgrade the os on it. Lion is already almost a year old, and Mountain Lion is due to be released in the next few months. There are more and more programs that won't run on the older versions of the os, as well as things that simply won't work on it.

Jared DiPane

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I have an 08 Macbook as well and I would pick this thing up in a heartbeat.

That is a killer deal, and I would definitely grab it.

You can easily upgrade the hard drive and memory in it for rather cheap and have a nice Mac for yourself!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It's a great machine... and if it has no obvious issues, I'd go for it... but you have to understand, as Alli intimated, it's 4+ years old... which means it approaching end of life. Four years old is ancient by technology standards... then again, it's $350 for a Mac...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW