MacBook Air Refresh?

DChap23

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I will be attending college this summer after graduation and was looking at different laptops and what I wanted. I decided on either an Air or Pro but leaning towards the air because it will be lighter carrying on my back.

When will the Air or Pro get a refresh? and theoretically what will be the new features you think will be included ?

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
There are rumors flying around of a new look for the pro.

I dont see a huge spec jump in the refresh though.
Probably second generation intel cores. Same ddr3 RAM and probably a Slight bump in graphics.
I guess the resolution could still go up. I personally don't see a reason to, but it could still happen.

But of course. Latest is always the greatest. The buyers guide posted above me does a good job.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There are also a number of rumors about a new 15" model to the MBAir line.. that would be sweet. Since the 13" MBA already does 1440x900 resolution, I'd expect the 15" model to have something along the lines of 1920x1080... and a bigger screen means a bigger case, which could translate to either more storage (512GB SSD?) or more battery life (>10 hours?) or both...

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I was just in a very similar situation as yourself...I was trying to decide between the 13" MBA and the 15" MBP. There's less than a 3 pound difference between the two...that's less than the weight of 1 of my books, so I don't think I'll really notice the difference. Also, I wanted the extra expandability that the MBP offers over the MBA ( expandable ram 4 - 8, better graphics for the rare occasion where I might play a game, a super drive for when I have optical media, etc ).

In the end, the MBP won out for me ( and my wife ...we just ordered 2 of them...they are somewhere between here and China at this point...should have them in a week ).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods