Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Default Mountain Lion

I just have to say, I'm so excited for Mountain Lion. When I saw the features previewed on the Apple site, I almost signed up to be a developer so I could have access early. I love how everything will be synchronized across devices. I know Apple is really pushing device integration and it's a way of controlling the market, but I love it because it makes thing simper, quicker and easier. I'm so excited for Mountain Lion!
    Laura Elizebeth Harris on the iBooks Store
    ~Laura~
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I just downloaded the Messages for Mac beta and I have to say I like what I see so far. I sent myself some messages, pics, etc...to and from my MBP, iPhone, & iPad and it worked seamlessly across the devices. I like the direction that they are heading in especially if you are invested in Apple's ecosystem of devices.
    iPhone 6 - iPad Air - MacBook Pro 13" - ATV3

+ Romans 8:28 +

Global Posts
    3,688 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by CG68 View Post
    I just downloaded the Messages for Mac beta and I have to say I like what I see so far. I sent myself some messages, pics, etc...to and from my MBP, iPhone, & iPad and it worked seamlessly across the devices. I like the direction that they are heading in especially if you are invested in Apple's ecosystem of devices.
    I just tried from the apple site and it said it was down and to try again later- is that where you got it from?
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Phreddyl View Post
    I just tried from the apple site and it said it was down and to try again later- is that where you got it from?
    Yes. I downloaded it about a half hour ago without a problem.
    iPhone 6 - iPad Air - MacBook Pro 13" - ATV3

+ Romans 8:28 +
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm excited myself. It's surprising that apple COMPLETELY came out of nowhere!! There wasn't a rumor or speculation about updating Mac OS
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Intermediate

I downloaded Messages and I like it as well. But I'm really looking forward to the whole host of new features in the new OS.
    ~Laura~

Global Posts
    3,688 Global Posts
    iOS Version

So I did download it. I started a chat with someone and saw that it came on iPhone and desktop but sent a test to myself and only showed on phone. How do I get it to show on both
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    870 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS6

Just downloaded it iMessage for Mac tonight. Sweet so far. Conversations are showing up on iMac, iPhone, and iPad! NICE!

Will like to see what other integration Mt. Lion comes up with!
    JB iPhone 3G => 16G iPhone 4 iOS5, 16G iPad1 iOS5 => iP5 32Gig White, iPad4 32Gig Black

Also up and running on Twitter @AUDad

Also on Google+ if you are on there.

Global Posts
    22,986 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Brickman View Post
    Just downloaded it iMessage for Mac tonight. Sweet so far. Conversations are showing up on iMac, iPhone, and iPad! NICE!

Will like to see what other integration Mt. Lion comes up with!
    I did the same early this morning and was pleased at how well it worked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

I am a little disappointed that Messages winds up being just another unified messaging app. I've avoided those for years. I like to see which server I'm using (GTalk? AIM?), and keep small chat windows tiled the way I want.
    iMore Intermediate

Seems really cool, and let the iCould can run better for mail, calendars, contacts, documents, and more up to date on every device use, the AirPlay Mirroring seems amazing!
    Hmm, haven't try yet, would like to get it when I back to home!
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    iPhone Intermediate

By chance, has anyone figured out a way to delete messages using the Mac client? I can delete them on the phone, but not on the Mac program.
    ~Laura~

Global Posts
    3,688 Global Posts
    iOS Version

if you put the curser on the box to the right with the persons name and condo you will see a little x on the right side- click on that and it goes away-
    Thanked by:
    leharris22 (02-20-2012)

Global Posts
    3,688 Global Posts
    iOS Version

of course now that I send a new message I see that what we talked about last night still there- thats prob what you mean... sorry
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    2,561 Global Posts

How much do you think Apple will charge for Mountain Lion. Lion was only $30 and that was released 2 years after Snow Leopard. Do you think Apple will charge less since this release is so soon after Lion? Maybe $15 or $20? I know there was speculation that Apple was going to move to free OS updates for Macs. That would really give them an edge over MS and help consumers justify paying the "Apple Tax".
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I downloaded messages too and I'm definitely loving it! I've been dying to be able to continue my work flow straight from my iPad too the Mac. Especially the iCloud documents integration into mountain lion, I've been dying for that and that will probably THE most useful thing in my opinion. And also AirPlay mirroring is amazing to have for the full Mac system too, although I could be wrong but I'm thinking this may canabilize some of their Mac mini sales as for then you have a full Mac on your tv straight through the $99 apple tv. And I believe if they do charge for it, it won't be more than $30 for sure. Os x lion was thirty was a MASSIVE upgrade, mountain isn't as monumental so I can see maybe a $20 price range.
    Ipad2 and Mac mini 2.5ghz Sandy bridge
    Apple Boy!
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

I like the messages app, the only thing I don't like is the fact that even when you close a conversation or exit out of one on the Mac and then continue it an iPhone the whole conversation is still displayed on the Mac when you open it back up.

I wish there was a setting to have them separate if you want too
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,637 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

So this went from an ML thread to a messages thread...hahahaha. My thoughts? Any upgrade is a good upgrade and I can't wait to try the developer previews once they can run Fusion 4. I "obtained" the current one and was halfway through the download process when I read that Fusion 4 doesn't run.

I, for one, am not afraid to run the developer previews on my production machine. Besides, if something screws up, well that's why I have Time Machine. You all are backing up your machines right????????
    blah blah blah witty signature blah blah blah
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

I'll throw in my $0.02 about Messages. It's been pretty sketchy so far. Only some, never all, of the conversation I engage on my iPhone shows up on my iPad or OS X Messages. Seems to work better if I start the conversation on the computer, but who the heck wants to be handcuffed like that?
    iPhone Nanite

It will definitely a good experience.....!!!!!
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm really hoping they keep the document transfer abilities through messages in the final version!
    Apple Boy!
    iPhone Pro

iOS Version

This being my first large update on a Mac I am a little underwhelmed. I definitely like the changes coming with the update, but it still seems to be a bit small.
    After seeing how much lion costs though I guess I am not as surprised. Smaller updates, smaller fee.
    I never was a fan of paying 150+ for a new windows version.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Bias X View Post
    This being my first large update on a Mac I am a little underwhelmed. I definitely like the changes coming with the update, but it still seems to be a bit small.
    After seeing how much lion costs though I guess I am not as surprised. Smaller updates, smaller fee.
    I never was a fan of paying 150+ for a new windows version.
    Smaller updates for a smaller price isnt true at all. Lion was easily a major update and it went for 30 dollars. And mountain lion yes I'm feeling is a smaller release but it's still only a preview right now, they could roll out even more features.
    Apple Boy!
    iPhone Pro

iOS Version

Like I said. It's my first update (I started on Lion). I guess I should have said something more like my impression is.
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  
    iPhone Intermediate

I believe the preview is just a preview and future updates and the actual release will include many more features. Either way, I'm looking forward to everything.
    ~Laura~
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast