MacBook Pro not going to sleep

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,
To start off I'm running a MacBook Pro with Lion OS X, and I just got it a few weeks ago nd have never used a MAC until now. :)

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with their computers automatically going to sleep. The problem is that if I walk away from my machine the screen will shut off but never actually reach sleep mode. The only way to get to sleep mode is by manually doing it, from the apple logo.

I have been on the phone with apple a few days ago and they got me to refresh my RAM, and it seemed to make a difference for a few days and work, but now it seems to not be sleeping anymore again. I plan to call apple back but I was just curious if anyone else had similar problems.

I'd appreciate any info anyone is willing to share with me, thanks! :)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have no idea but I will recommend this. If you have a Apple store near, make a appt with Genius Bar. They are awesome 1 on 1. I had a bunch of questions and they made sure my concerns were answered.

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea but I will recommend this. If you have a Apple store near, make a appt with Genius Bar. They are awesome 1 on 1. I had a bunch of questions and they made sure my concerns were answered.

Thanks Garz. I was able to get it figured out with apple care over the phone but if I experience any more issues I will head into a store.

Last edited:

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
What was the issue?

Hey sorry for the long wait to respond. I didn't see the post till now. Apparently it was something that caused my RAM to need a forced refresh. The apple rep walked me through a series of steps and it seems to have fixed the issue. And so far it hasn't happened again.

"Hello my name is Kristy. I am an Appleholic"