Is it wise to purchase an iMac now?

iVader

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey, guys!

I'm considering to purchase an iMac but i'm not sure when. Do you think Apple are going to renew their desktops collection in 2012 Q1? What do you think? What would you do if you were to buy an iMac? Would you wait or just make the purchase? :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Nathan Grey

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Going to give you the standard reply. If you need it now, then get it now. If you can afford to wait, wait.

I don't see a new iMac being released in Q1. I expect late Q2 or early Q3 before we see a new iMac. In Q1 I figure you will see a new MacBook pro and possibly iPad 3.

Reactions: iVader

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Even if a revision comes the current iMac is still a great computer.
Of course on macs specs don't always mean everything. But those specs are still pretty amazing.
They are already using second generation intel cores (i think). I don't see any huge revision coming next year either. Maybe a small bump in ghz on the CPU and a better graphics card (which aren't always the best anyways)
I'd get it now, but that's just me :)

Reactions: iVader

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
What do you think?

I think you probably don't need a new computer if you don't know if it's time to buy or wait.

At January 2 you've got time to fund your 2011 IRA if you didn't or make a wise start on 2012 and watch for computer announcements.

If you're unsure you can sit out the time before trade shows and product announcements cleaning up your current system and making sure you have good backups for a better migration when you do make your purchase.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods