Magic Trackpad or Magic Mouse

scoremann

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
With the release of Lion imminent I am trying to decide what input device to get. I do use the bezier pen tool a lot in PhotoShop and Illustrator so I still need a mouse of some kind. Do I keep my existing Mighty Mouse and add the Magic Trackpad or just replace the existing mouse with the Magic Mouse?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
With the release of Lion imminent I am trying to decide what input device to get. I do use the bezier pen tool a lot in PhotoShop and Illustrator so I still need a mouse of some kind. Do I keep my existing Mighty Mouse and add the Magic Trackpad or just replace the existing mouse with the Magic Mouse?

I love the trackpad on my MacBook Pro... rarely use a mouse at all... but obviously, it's a personal decision. Since you already have a workable mouse, I'd say go for the trackpad... gestures are so easy, convenient and useful.

HappyCurmudgeon

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Trackpad Heaven

I just got an iMac, my first Apple full computer (I have an iphone4 and ipad1). I use a mouse and Windoze 7 at work, writing m$.net web pages. I swore off rodents and got a Trackpad. Since, I have never even thought of needing a mouse, even a charmed one. It is more worth your $70 than the mouse. If you decide later you need a mouse, you can buy a wired one for less than $20. Take a chance...if you can't, wait for Windows 8, you will likely not be disappointed (or challenged).

felixmo

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I find the Magic Mouse a bit uncomfortable; I would go for the Magic Trackpad. Currently, I use the Logitech Performance Mouse MX which I really like because I find it comfortable and convenient with the customizable buttons.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You will get A LOT more precision out of the mighty mouse than you will the trackpad, but like others have said, its a bit uncomfortable, especially if you're using it for long periods of time (IE: graphics work). The trackpad is amazing, but using it in illustrator can be a test of patience because it's simply not anywhere near as precise...i personally use a Logitech MX series, and found it to be WORLDS better than the mighty mouse for about the same price.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Agree but you can get regular mouse for that. Spend on the trackpad.

Honestly, you really can't...a cheap USB mouse will not offer the same kinds of setup features and controls that a more expensive one would, and given the content of the OP's post, i don't think the track pad is a good replacement for a feature packed mouse made for graphic design (or a tablet peripheral with a legitimate e-Pen at that).

Track pad is awesome, but for graphic artists...it is no replacement for a good mouse.

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I love my magic mouse, and it works well with Lion. I use it with my MacBook Pro that I have connected to an external monitor at work and at home.

scientist88

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Depends...what are you used to? I personally used the trackpad on my macbook (same thing as Magic Trackpad), and I don't plan on using a mouse anytime soon. Also, the trackpad is easier to do multitouch gestures on if you have that sort of problem. Finally, if you are a gamer, then you definitely can't live without a trackpad. So it all depends on your needs and problems.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, mostly it's your preference on what you like, the magic mouse is more accurate but it won't include the lion gestures which really justify the purchase of the trackpad in my opinion. But for long uses like graphic design or gaming a mouse will definitely be more comfortable along with accurate. I'd say get the trackpad and a mouse on the side, but the magic mouse really isn't worth having too much

tapatalk on iPad 2 running ios5

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree it's all about personal preference. It's funny because I'm reading the Jobs biography by Isaacson and they talk about revolutionary the mouse was and now so many people find it useless.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR