Why have my email programs on Yosemite stop responding?

Coffee4ever

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Email programs on Yosemite stop responding

Has anyone else had trouble with email programs you use on Yosemite not responding? I used Apple Mail and it kept happening. Usually when trying to quit the program.

Then I switched to Postbox, same thing was happening. I could not quit out of it and would have to force quit. Sometimes it would just stop responding while running and have to be force quit.

Now I'm using the new Outlook in Microsoft Office and same thing is happening. I just have one gmail account I'm using and its with IMAP. I even did a fresh install of the OS just a few days ago. I just wasn't sure if this is a known issue and a easy fix is out there?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Email programs on Yosemite stop responding

I only use the native Mail app on my MacBook, but I've never experience this issue while running OS X Yosemite and I'm not having the issue while running El Capitan Beta.

Coffee4ever

May 19, 2015
Visit site

Thank you, sorry it took me so long to reply. I thought it was mail but tried Postbox and it did the same thing and now the new Microsoft Outlook. Every time I quit it, I have to force quit. I wish I knew what was causing it. Since I did a fresh install, I imported my mail folder so maybe there is something corrupt in it.

Coffee4ever

May 19, 2015
Visit site

Microsoft updated the current Office for Mac this week and the problem has since gone away now. I don't know if it will still happen in Mail but I'm glad Outlook doesn't hang when I quit anymore. : )

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods