Can someone recommend a free app for Yosemite uninstaller or cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
ask for app free yosemite uninstaller or cleaner

as per subject, anyone can recommend the free app for yosemite unistaller or cleaner ?

thx

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: ask for app free yosemite uninstaller or cleaner

There are some in the MacAppStore... Look around... But whatever you do, stay away from MacKeeper.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Please read the topic ;)

Thx for your comment though ;)

That's the good thing about software - that is different from everything else in the world. For some strange reason, programmer's kids don't ever need to eat or get clothes, shoes, books, toys, etc. SMH.

I'm sure that you are happy to do whatever it is you do for free, too - just like programmers, right?

I use AppZapper. It set me back a whole $12.95. Good software. Conscience cleared. Programmer's kids got to eat that month.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

Free cleaner - Crap Cleaner (CCleaner). Not found in the App Store, but I've used it without issue on my Air (and the PC version when I had such a thing). Default settings work fine, but can be tweaked, such as setting which Cookies it keeps and which it purges.
CCleaner for Mac OS X

Because its not in the App Store, you'll need to unlock the OS to accept the install - System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General.

Meanwhile, somewhat related to clearing stuff out that's not needed (and possibly the best money I've spent of software for my Mac - at all of $14.95) is the Xslimmer app. It reads your default language and notes the hardware configuration of your Mac and purges software of unnecessary bloat safely and accurately via it's Genie. Significantly reduces the size of a lot of software (especially important if running a Mac Air) and, if you're nervous about such actions, it does a reversible backup. Never had an issue and it may speed up opening of apps, too.

Xslimmer - Your Mac, on a Diet!

Again, not in App Store, so same instructions apply

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site

That's the good thing about software - that is different from everything else in the world. For some strange reason, programmer's kids don't ever need to eat or get clothes, shoes, books, toys, etc. SMH.

I'm sure that you are happy to do whatever it is you do for free, too - just like programmers, right?

I use AppZapper. It set me back a whole $12.95. Good software. Conscience cleared. Programmer's kids got to eat that month.

What's wrong with freeware software, why such a sacarsm. Not that i'm asking for a hacked illegal software. I stated clearly free app in my subject

If there are no such thing exist, then just comment "no"

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site

Free cleaner - Crap Cleaner (CCleaner). Not found in the App Store, but I've used it without issue on my Air (and the PC version when I had such a thing). Default settings work fine, but can be tweaked, such as setting which Cookies it keeps and which it purges.
CCleaner for Mac OS X

Because its not in the App Store, you'll need to unlock the OS to accept the install - System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General.

Meanwhile, somewhat related to clearing stuff out that's not needed (and possibly the best money I've spent of software for my Mac - at all of $14.95) is the Xslimmer app. It reads your default language and notes the hardware configuration of your Mac and purges software of unnecessary bloat safely and accurately via it's Genie. Significantly reduces the size of a lot of software (especially important if running a Mac Air) and, if you're nervous about such actions, it does a reversible backup. Never had an issue and it may speed up opening of apps, too.

Xslimmer - Your Mac, on a Diet!

Again, not in App Store, so same instructions apply

Thx and i'll take a look at your recommendation

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

What's wrong with freeware software, why such a sacarsm. Not that i'm asking for a hacked illegal software. I stated clearly free app in my subject

If there are no such thing exist, then just comment "no"

You get what you pay for. And programmers deserve to be paid for their work.

(It's not worth getting suspended or banned to carry this any further. I'm out.)

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

I agree with HankAz. Support the developers and they will keep making wonderful products. Look at BlackBerry and you will understand! lol

Anyhow, good luck with your search. I am not aware of any free app nor I would like to use on my expensive Mac. It's better to pay an amount for the service.. again, it's just my outlook.

Peace out!!

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

(It's not worth getting suspended or banned to carry this any further. I'm out.)

Not to stray off topic, but this was a big gripe I had when using Android phones. I had several paid iOS apps that I used, and loved. I could find the same Apps on Android, but only the free variants that were available and they were advertisement riddle, buggy, and slow to update. I will so pay for/update an App that I use regularly because it pays for itself in the long run ...

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

There are (and have always been) plenty of freeware products of all kinds out there, produced by keen programmers, foundations or even companies who see the free product as an introduction to a paid, more 'fully featured' product or to other apps they produce. It's their choice to offer the product - doubtless the programmers' children aren't left bereft of lodging, food, clothes, shoes, books, toys (Tiny Tim-like) because of this - especially when such products are created by folks like Piriform (CCleaner), The Document Foundation (LibreOffice), Microsoft (the free Office Suite for iOS, for example) or Google (practically everything else).

Your choice as to whether to use these and other freeware products and/or pay for similar apps - but it shouldn't be suggested that just because it's free, developers are living in a cardboard box under a bridge somewhere, their children are selling pencils outside the nearest bus station, and that the products they create are inherently buggy and rife with malware.
Heck, I know of 'some' computer OSs that have been released with such issues...

elevator99

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site

Appcleaner can delete the whole target app, but it doesn't exist on the App Store. You can google this.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

You can always try addition through subtraction, and refrain from installing a bunch of crap on your computer in the first place ...

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site

I always amazed that if i clean my mac, there will be gb of space I can regain ...,

Jessica Sills

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site

Clean my mac is a good app to use... I've been using it for years to clean up left over applications, language files, etc.... I believe you do have to pay for it, but in my opinion it's worth the price. I think you just have to pay a one time fee... good luck to you :)

Last edited:

flexengineer

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
It is because of that kind of elitist and snob sarcasm that Macintosh spent its life stuck in a 15% market share mostly made of pretentious self-absorbed computer illiterate. For every single application those people pull the credid card, there are 10 one just as good and free on Windows. I was looking last week for a simole app to post on Wordpress, I could not find single one on AppStore. There are a dozen free browser plugins, and 18 out of the 25 curated apps for that purpose on Windows 8 store are free. Maybe the Mac fans need some 21st century digital business 101 crash course. Only Mac OS and iOS users pay ridiculous buck for silly games and basic ultilises apps. It is not how the money is made outside of the AppStore macrocosm with tens of thousands "developers" of which a fraction can actually sustain a business. The money is made when serious business startup entrepreneurs raise funds to develop actual good products, not silly tools pimped and flaunted by a walled garden, and after building massive user base which is leveraged to refine an actual innovation product and then sell it for millions to large multinationals not dynamic enough to cothe innovation in the first place. Just like when Apple buy some startup for its free voice recognition app, dumps it into iPhone 4 3 months later, put a S on it, and get the masses to line up around the block for the Christmas holydays shopping. So, the animators on Apple's payroll, and other free fan/water carriers should really chill and keep their "you get what you pay for" canned responses for whoever cares about it.

Sorry, but I had to say somewthing! It is rampant on every single Apple oriented social spaces. For the record, I have been a consumer of Apple foir 24 years since the SE/30.

xox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen