Why is my Mac allowing random Bluetooth connections?

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Mac allowing random Bluetooth connection

Over the last few days I've noticed a random connection to my Bluetooth on my MacBook Pro. The connection is listed as someone else's MacBook Air. The only neighbour I have is a couple in the apartment above me, so I assume it's them.

The problem is, I've never been prompted to allow this pairing/connection and it keeps happening. The device is listed in the toolbar as connected (see image), but if I go to Bluetooth settings it doesn't show up, so I can't remove/block it. All I can do is select the 'disconnect' option from the toolbar, but within an hour or two it's normally reconnected.

Any suggestions on how I can block this device .... or am I going to have to pay a visit to my random neighbour?!

Screenshot 2015-01-31 13.13.54.png

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Mac allowing random Bluetooth connection

Do you have any sharing of an Internet connection via Bluetooth enabled on your MacBook? Turn that off unless it's needed...

cjkeller

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Did you ever get this figured out? The same thing just started happening to me and I'd love to learn how to prevent my neighbor's phone from automatically connecting to my laptop! Strangely, I initially got a pop-up asking if I would approve their connection, but before I could even click no, the pop-up disappeared and they were automatically connected. WTF?

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Did you ever get this figured out? The same thing just started happening to me and I'd love to learn how to prevent my neighbor's phone from automatically connecting to my laptop! Strangely, I initially got a pop-up asking if I would approve their connection, but before I could even click no, the pop-up disappeared and they were automatically connected. WTF?

Yes. I moved house and never saw Aaro's MacBook Air ever again! :-D I've not seen the issue since, so assumed it was either that one person or that any issue had been fixed in an OS update. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative